Home

Please bring back the UFC 1 referee stoppage when you hold block 2 long on the ground

This is a discussion on Please bring back the UFC 1 referee stoppage when you hold block 2 long on the ground within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #17
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Please bring back the UFC 1 referee stoppage when you hold block 2 long on the gr

the game lost an essential part of mma and dosnt capture the moment of a hard tough fight , ref stoppages or just getting between you and the opponent after a head kick ko is missing!
why was it taking out since the first game anyway??
Old 12-02-2017, 03:31 PM   #18
MVP

Re: Please bring back the UFC 1 referee stoppage when you hold block 2 long on the gr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Why give players a win for not actually finishing you??

If you have full health and are blocking Bigg C shouldn't get a auto win just because he can hold you down.

So happy they removed it.
It is a certain finish. I have seen it in real life very frequently. Its a TKO but Not Knockout. If you have full health, you can escape in that situation, not keep block up over and over. How about this game? Every fight ends with Knockout aniamtion on the ground by GnP strike.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:45 PM   #19
Pro

Off topic, but how come we can't have a camera angle like the gif above showing the cage instead of it actually being invisible like it's been in the past 2 EA ufc's? At least an option would be nice some of us like to play with more realistic camera angles.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:48 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
It is a certain finish. I have seen it in real life very frequently. Its a TKO but Not Knockout. If you have full health, you can escape in that situation, not keep block up over and over. How about this game? Every fight ends with Knockout aniamtion on the ground by GnP strike.

This exact scenario was possible in Undisputed 3
Old 12-03-2017, 02:09 AM   #21
Pro

I thought this might of been in the game again but I haven't actually seen it. But I 100% heard the ref say if nothing is done he will stop the fight. I'll mess around with this to see what I find.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 02:58 AM   #22
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Seriously this happens all the time IRL. They need to bring that back for sure.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-03-2017, 04:06 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
Off topic, but how come we can't have a camera angle like the gif above showing the cage instead of it actually being invisible like it's been in the past 2 EA ufc's? At least an option would be nice some of us like to play with more realistic camera angles.
THIS. I really hope so since ea ufc1. It looked really weird. Why we can't see the cage net against the cage??? I don't understand.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:20 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Seriously this happens all the time IRL. They need to bring that back for sure.
This. It's not like its was 3-4 strikes (which is more than enough to get full GA in Mount Sub now) that got the stoppage. It was a lot, I had it happen when I first played UFC 1 and got stacked and turtled cause I didn't know what I was doing, after about 10-15 punches to my guard the ref stepped in. Rare happened after that, as transition attempts and all that cancel it out.

If it was to return, it'd be a finish you'd see against players who don't know how to go to the ground and turtle, a transition attempt would cancel it..

Annd as im writing this I realise they probably took it out cause you'd never see it in the UFC 2 ground system (like ref standups, though they are there, they only activate after 30 seconds of complete inactivity from both players, which doesn't happen, ever) but they would have been a nice easter egg or something if you were playing someone who just turtles and ate endless blocked headshots and unblocked body shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »