Home

Please bring back the UFC 1 referee stoppage when you hold block 2 long on the ground

This is a discussion on Please bring back the UFC 1 referee stoppage when you hold block 2 long on the ground within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2017, 07:44 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Please bring back the UFC 1 referee stoppage when you hold block 2 long on the gr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
One of the best things the EA UFC series has ever done and it has yet to make it's return when we need something like this in UFC3.

Found it I was looking for this thread. I'm hoping something like this does return as well. Otherwise the game has no TKO's except foe ones intitated from the finish the fight positions. Please bring these back.

This would look even better if we had ground sways as well.

Also was finished like this against Holloway so it's 100% realistic.

But if they bring this back, ref breaks need tuning as well but only for certain positions. Some Dom positions should not have a ref break happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2017, 08:00 PM   #26
MVP

Re: Please bring back the UFC 1 referee stoppage when you hold block 2 long on the gr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
Found it I was looking for this thread. I'm hoping something like this does return as well. Otherwise the game has no TKO's except foe ones intitated from the finish the fight positions. Please bring these back.

This would look even better if we had ground sways as well.

Also was finished like this against Holloway so it's 100% realistic.

But if they bring this back, ref breaks need tuning as well but only for certain positions. Some Dom positions should not have a ref break happening.
That finish in the gif is still in, as is the TKO from side saddle and back flat. Basically, if it was in UFC 2, you can TKO them from there without them actually going out.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:06 PM   #27
Pro

Now, most of you know I'm all about realism so I want this too. But not until they overhaul the ground game.

The way striking on the ground works now, adding TKO's like this are completely and utterly overpowered.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:16 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
That finish in the gif is still in, as is the TKO from side saddle and back flat. Basically, if it was in UFC 2, you can TKO them from there without them actually going out.
I'll throw UFC 2 in later on to check it out. In EA UFC 1 it was different though because even Mount had this in. It was more similar to the ground tko's UFC Undisputed 2009 had.

Back mount I never seen that position get used in EA UFC 2.
Back side control I know didn't have this the strikes would bleed through block and put your opponent out.

Speaking of back side control there's still no knees in that position to try and get a GSP like tko.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:20 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
I'll throw UFC 2 in later on to check it out. In EA UFC 1 it was different though because even Mount had this in. It was more similar to the ground tko's UFC Undisputed 2009 had.

Back mount I never seen that position get used in EA UFC 2.
Back side control I know didn't have this the strikes would bleed through block and put your opponent out.

Speaking of back side control there's still no knees in that position to try and get a GSP like tko.
Yeah, the punches from the main chain of positions (guard, half, side, mount) all cannot cause a TKO like that. Sometimes you can get it to where they get finished but not knocked all the way out (arms in the air unable to block), but not the same. Pretty disappointing.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:54 PM   #30
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

The GnP just needs to be severely re-tuned for UFC 3. UFC 2's scheme is much better than that UFC 1 crazy set up. I remember luring a guy to burn his stamina from FG. He was just gitting my block and my head was totally fine. Then the fight got stopped all of a sudden. It cracked me up.

Having it so it looks like a TKO if the last strike lands through the block would be nice, though.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:54 PM   #31
Pro

EA UFC 2 Back Mount Flat TKO

Spoiler

EA UFC 2 Side Saddle Finish.

Spoiler

EA UFC 1 had both ground ko's & TKO's this is the same back mount position in the OP's Gif

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2018, 07:53 AM   #32
Just started!

It’s still in there ended my friend like that twice but from full mount

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »