Home

Ref stopping fights!

This is a discussion on Ref stopping fights! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 10:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ref stopping fights!

Ran across a comment on YouTube just now!PLEASE QUICKLY MOCAP REFS JUMPING IN TO STOP FIGHTS. It's a complete eye sore to see them just standing there trying to imitate a Marsheller just waving their hands, instead of protecting the concussed fighter. Simulation to actual fight night is they key here!!!!

XBGT: Jodie McGregor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 10:42 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Ref stopping fights!

I mentioned this about UFC 2. KO's can feel real right up until I see some dude just standing in place, waving his arms.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-02-2017, 10:58 AM   #3
MVP

I really hope so since released ea ufc1. but unfortunately, it is not gonna EA UFC3. We'll see it in EA UFC4, i think.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:43 PM   #4
Rookie

the_brooklynite's Arena

Refs physically stopping fights would be awesome. Been hoping it would be in the game since EA UFC 1 was announced. I'm nowhere near a game designer so I wouldn't know what it takes to put that animation in the game, but as a fan, I thought it'd be in since day one when they made the move to the "Next Gen" PS4/Xbox One consoles. It was done in the UFC games, at least Undisputed 3, (can't remember if it was in 1 or 2 as well) on PS3 & Xbox 360. I know it's a small part of the game in comparison to actual gameplay, but it's definitely something I've wanted and been a fan of in terms of realism.

Last edited by the_brooklynite; 12-02-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:33 PM   #5
Banned

I have been hoping for this addition for a very long time also. In the grand scheme of things its really a small but highly important animation that should have at least been patched into EA UFC 2 and continued in EA UFC 3.

This would really add a higher level of immersion and realism to the finish and i seriously hope the developers listen to this request for this iteration. I know the developers have been busy really revamping the striking this year which looks great. But the fact remains that if undisputed 3 (released in 2012) had the ref jumping in to protect a fighter from unnecessary strikes, that was working on much older hardware; then i seriously fail to see why this is not currently in the EA UFC franchise (especially considering its the third installment).

For me its basically a waiting game to see what the final game looks like at this point which will determine my purchase. But aside from the KO zoom crap which i really... really.... REALLY HATE! (If any developers are reading this please remove that useless and horrible looking animation), also having the ref jumping in to stop a TKO would also be a massive reason for me to buy the game without hesitation and would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »