Home

Is it just me or you can't switch between high/low block?

This is a discussion on Is it just me or you can't switch between high/low block? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is it just me or you can't switch between high/low block?

I still have a habit of holding high block and switch to low when necessary. But it doesn't work most of the time.

It's not because I'm doing it too slow because there are times when I go from R2 to L2 + R2 waaay before the kick goes through, but it still lands clean. The vice versa is true as well. I expected a leg kick and went from high block to low, but I block the headkick anyway.

Is there some penalty if I hold high block and try to switch low?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 04:05 PM   #2
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Re: Is it just me or you can't switch between high/low block?

It doesn't really respond as fast if they are throwing a combo. Other than that, blocking should be responsive against regular strikes.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
It doesn't really respond as fast if they are throwing a combo. Other than that, blocking should be responsive against regular strikes.
Ahhh I see. What's everyone's thought on that? I don't like it because it feels like I'm not really in control/there's massive input lag. I wouldn't mind damage bleeding through if they mix it up in a combo, but it's just frustrating when it feels like my inputs don't go through
Old 12-02-2017, 04:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Same bro, sometimes I feel like im quick enough with the bloc even tho it can be hard to time but the strike will still get through
Old 12-02-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
MVP

This is an odd one, I noticed a little delay on base ps4, I'd get hit with kicks I knew id I had blocked, then on ps4 pro the issue seemed to be far less frequent with the uncapped framerate, so maybe its a input issue.

It's certainly an issue in online fights however, any latency at all and there is notable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 05:28 PM   #6
Just started!

I definitely notice some input lag. Especially against strikers who like to throw that jab - body kick combo that seems to be popular right now. Even when I know whats coming, I can't seem to block low fast enough. Ends up draining stamina quick enough to make the fight not so fun.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:43 PM   #7
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehFlame
Ahhh I see. What's everyone's thought on that? I don't like it because it feels like I'm not really in control/there's massive input lag. I wouldn't mind damage bleeding through if they mix it up in a combo, but it's just frustrating when it feels like my inputs don't go through
Yeah, I think most of us want that changed. I know I do, as long as the ratings are taken into account too. I supposed if you have a fighter with poor defense it shouldn't be as effective. But it just seems like everyone can do combos at the same speed right now too. There's a few issues involving combos right now, some things I guess we still haven't caught on to and some things that just seem to need tuning.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:51 AM   #8
Rookie

Yeah, blocking is definitely slow as ****. It doesn't help that the triggers are so long on these controllers, too. They need to lower the deadzone and tighten up the speed of the block, honestly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »