Home

Can we get some feedback?

This is a discussion on Can we get some feedback? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 08:58 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can we get some feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
It was at 75% with full stamina with less than a minute into the fight. With that logic, you would have instanst KOs all over the place. I'm pulling this off left and right. These sway uppercuts cause insta KOs.
If you sway into an uppercut in real life, you'd probably get knocked out. Maybe not every single time, but it's likely. People need to learn not to get careless with sways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 09:03 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragreynolds
If you sway into an uppercut in real life, you'd probably get knocked out. Maybe not every single time, but it's likely. People need to learn not to get careless with sways.
you didn't watch or read anything b4 inputting?

Last edited by SoullessKassidy; 12-02-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:08 PM   #43
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
I'll admit that does seem fishy. I can''t explain it from the video.

I'll see if I can reproduce it on Monday.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:08 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessKassidy
you didn't watch or read anything b4 imputing?
I read through the entire thread. In the beta I've played around 100 UT matches, probably around 50 quick fights, and around 50 fights in fight now. I have not been knocked out by an uppercut yet. I have only knocked out two opponents with uppercuts, and both were late in the fight when the opponent was already hurt (talking about uppercuts where I sway first, and uppercuts where the opponent sways into it).

The only thing I've found to be OP about the stand up is probably the 1-2 combinations that are super fast and don't drain much stamina at all. I don't think the speed needs much tweaking, because I think they're pretty simple to avoid if you know how, but I do think that the stamina drain certainly needs to be increased so that people can't just keep spamming the combo.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:11 PM   #45
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Kassidy posted this one which I thought looked suspect. No disrespect to Kassidy.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 09:11 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragreynolds
I read through the entire thread. In the beta I've played around 100 UT matches, probably around 50 quick fights, and around 50 fights in fight now. I have not been knocked out by an uppercut yet. I have only knocked out two opponents with uppercuts, and both were late in the fight when the opponent was already hurt (talking about uppercuts where I sway first, and uppercuts where the opponent sways into it).

The only thing I've found to be OP about the stand up is probably the 1-2 combinations that are super fast and don't drain much stamina at all. I don't think the speed needs much tweaking, because I think they're pretty simple to avoid if you know how, but I do think that the stamina drain certainly needs to be increased so that people can't just keep spamming the combo.
Then why was your comment completely not correct on the subject? The problem or video posted has nothing to do with ducking into a uppercut, it is Ducking and then coming up with a uppercut and getting the Flash KO.

You are inserting your problems into a thread that it does not belong lol
Old 12-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessKassidy
Then why was your comment completely not correct on the subject? The problem or video posted has nothing to do with ducking into a uppercut, it is Ducking and then coming up with a uppercut and getting the Flash KO.

You are inserting your problems into a thread that it does not belong lol
I think you misread what I typed.

I said I was "talking about uppercuts where I sway first, and uppercuts where the opponent sways into it"

By "where I sway first" I'm talking about when I duck. That's my fault I guess for saying sway rather than duck, but that's what I meant. What I said is entirely on topic.

EDIT: my original response was talking about ducking into the uppercuts, but my second response wasn't.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:34 PM   #48
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I'll admit that does seem fishy. I can''t explain it from the video.

I'll see if I can reproduce it on Monday.
OK I watched it a few more times and I have a theory, but it's going to be really hard to prove so I'm still going to have to validate it on Monday.

There's a known bug in the beta that only happens online.

You may have seen it as a leg health event on the first kick of the round with barboza.

The bug is that the stun meter starts every round full in online only.

Usually that means if you land a big shot early you get a health event you normally wouldn't.

But in this case, it's possible that enough damage was done long enough to keep the stun meter high until you got the big counter off the upper, which normally wouldn't do nearly as much, but with an already high stun meter it allowed a KO.

The only reason I'm not confident in the explanation is because we dono't show the stun meter, so I can't really tell if the pressure was enough to keep it up long enough or not.

Either way I'll check, and this bug is already fixed post beta, but only found because of the beta.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »