Home

Stamina effect

This is a discussion on Stamina effect within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2017, 03:31 PM   #57
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stamina effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Put regular online ranked on Simulation Setting which allows these more severe stamina penalties we are asking for.

Put UT on the regular setting that doesn't have the extra severe stamina penalties.(Game stays how it is now).

Casuals are pleased. Hardcore players are pleased. Problem solved.
That's actually a damn good idea. UT is already where all the casuals go crazy anyway. Brilliant.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-05-2017, 03:48 AM   #58
Rookie

emmdeekay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I need to do some experimenting next week to see how much we can do to affect this.

I do not want to break the balance of the game by making a knee jerk reaction with very little time left to test, btu I do think finding a good solution to this that doesn't snowball too quickly could elevate the realism of the game.

I've said it in another thread but I'll say it again.

I think this is 100% a realism problem not a balance problem.

There are a ton of penalties for being low stamina already. Like a lot, and they are very severe.

It's a relief to read this. Being at low stamina now is already a massive disadvantage, if you start adding even more downsides the game will devolve into who can land the most body kicks/ everyone picking fighters based on stamina ratings.

It's a difference in philosophy. The way it is now it lets the man on the street play some games with friends and fight unrealistically while keeping the game still fluid and dynamic. The people who want to win are massively incentivised to fight realistically as it is, anything extra is overkill imo.

I'm hoping when the game releases it comes with a really comprehensive tutorial mode, because the more people understand the systems the more realistically fights will play out.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:44 AM   #59
Rookie

Real representation of MMA sport is what it needs and MartialMind has made a point here that this stamina system is what will give us epic fights the likes of what MMA is also known for. Guts and Glory even if you have nothing left in the tank.Not every fight should end this way and neither will it be when you conserve stamina and land those strikes where it should and defend yourself intelligently then it will either be a KO,TKO or a stoppage or unanimous decision where your opponent has very low stamina and you take advantage of this and make him pay till the last round without ending in a KO.Not every fight dominated by a better fighter with accurate strikes landed necessarily ends in a KO,TKO decision. Excluding submissions.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by bram; 12-05-2017 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:55 AM   #60
Rookie

emmdeekay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bram
Real representation of MMA sport is what it needs and MartialMind has made a point here that this stamina system is what will give us epic fights the likes of what MMA is also known for. Guts and Glory even if you have nothing left in the tank.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Operation Sports mobile app
For every guts and glory Alvarez/Gaethje fight you'd have there'd be 20 where your opponent landed 2 body kicks before you, got slightly ahead in the stamina race and snowballed it out of control before you had a chance to do anything.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #61
Rookie

i just had a guy with 0 stamina rock me with an uppercut while i'm full stamina, what is this ******** stuff? it feels way worse than UFC 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2017, 03:27 PM   #62
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerdov
i just had a guy with 0 stamina rock me with an uppercut while i'm full stamina, what is this ******** stuff? it feels way worse than UFC 2.
Yeah man, it's pretty crazy. Stamina for the most part has no effect on striking. Just wait until more people figure out the harder combos.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:32 AM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Yeah man, it's pretty crazy. Stamina for the most part has no effect on striking. Just wait until more people figure out the harder combos.
It wasn't till I sunk my teeth properly into playing consistent online matches that I started to really understand and enjoy the stamina system, no, it isn't perfect, but it works a lot better than I thought, excluding movement, which I think should be atleast slightly inhibited by stamina.

I noticed that stamina directly effects block health.
Cumulative body shots will noticeably drain your opponent.
The lower your stamina the more damage you take.
If you can't grapple, low stamina can be a death sentence. I fought a few people who outstuck me, but by the time they hurt me (usually round 2, real time clock) they haven't got enough overall stamina left to break my guard. Once they hit 40%, 3 strikes gassed them, this made timing them VERY easy, they 1-2-3, I come back with a counter shot to their 0% stamina chin and get a stun, KD or KO depending on the move and their chin.

My point being, it took me a week to start to competently comprehend the stamina system, and now that I do, I only want to see minor tweaks as opposed to Alvarez/Gatheje style stamina.
I'd like to see movement slowed a lower stam, perks relating to stamina get fixed (which is confirmed already) and stamina recovery per round to either be looked at (as it seems drastically variable) or explained properly to us.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:38 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerdov
because they did refer to Cheick Kongo vs Pat Barry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »