Home

Stamina effect

This is a discussion on Stamina effect within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Stamina effect

Did you guys all wants this happens in the gameplay??? But Why do you guys complain about this?

Last edited by tissues250; 12-06-2017 at 08:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250

Did you guys all wants this happens in the gameplay??? But Why do you guys complain about this?
Nah homie, they should be sitting ducks once I've built up a stamina lead, I don't want anyone to be making comebacks

/s
Old 12-06-2017, 09:02 AM   #67
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
It wasn't till I sunk my teeth properly into playing consistent online matches that I started to really understand and enjoy the stamina system, no, it isn't perfect, but it works a lot better than I thought, excluding movement, which I think should be atleast slightly inhibited by stamina.

I noticed that stamina directly effects block health.
Cumulative body shots will noticeably drain your opponent.
The lower your stamina the more damage you take.
If you can't grapple, low stamina can be a death sentence. I fought a few people who outstuck me, but by the time they hurt me (usually round 2, real time clock) they haven't got enough overall stamina left to break my guard. Once they hit 40%, 3 strikes gassed them, this made timing them VERY easy, they 1-2-3, I come back with a counter shot to their 0% stamina chin and get a stun, KD or KO depending on the move and their chin.

My point being, it took me a week to start to competently comprehend the stamina system, and now that I do, I only want to see minor tweaks as opposed to Alvarez/Gatheje style stamina.
I'd like to see movement slowed a lower stam, perks relating to stamina get fixed (which is confirmed already) and stamina recovery per round to either be looked at (as it seems drastically variable) or explained properly to us.
Too bad I never noticed it at all when I play with Marc. I know there were a lot of ridiculously terrible players online, but I never felt in danger or slow playing as Marc who can easily get to 50% stamina by the 2nd rd. I saw none of what you are talking about until my stamina is at about 10%.

UFC 2's stamina was by FAR more realistic and effective. I wouldn't have been able to get away with half the stuff I did. I think you needed to play it more from the "gassed" players prospective to understand how much of a non factor stamina has become.

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 12-06-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:10 AM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Too bad I never noticed it at all when I play with Marc. I know there were a lot of ridiculously terrible players online, but I never felt in danger or slow playing as Marc who can easily get to 50% stamina by the 2nd rd. I saw none of what you are talking about until my stamina is at about 10%.
My opinion on the stamina system is that it does enough to make you less effective/more vulnerable, it just doesn't do enough to look like it does. Like, the fact that your 1-2 is just as quick on 25% stamina as it is at 100% is dumb, but it's nowhere near as powerful and you can't put out as much volume so it's very difficult to stop someone if you haven't already beaten them down. Like, as it is right now I think it's fine, not perfect or even great, but fine. It could use some tweaking and perhaps more visual feedback (even just a slightly compromised stance) and it could probably do with some work in terms of drain speed, although my feelings on that are conflicted.

So, basically my opinion on the stamina system is that it works fine, but doesn't feel right, if that makes sense.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Nah homie, they should be sitting ducks once I've built up a stamina lead, I don't want anyone to be making comebacks

/s
I think, vulnerability is heavily affected than stamina issue in the beta. your fighter lose power and speed on low stamina in the beta, anyway.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:27 AM   #70
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
I'm with you 100% on this brother.

I just made a video about this and in the comment section, it's almost 50/50 with half of the commenters agreeing and the other half disagreeing.

This is the part that truly worries me.

On one hand we are asking for something that is incredibly realistic, a mechanic that will elevate this game, make fights play out more realistic and just overall lead to a better experience in my opinion. But then you have people who tell you that "It's just a video game, a more realistic stamina system would be too much, it won't be fun, people will just quit".

It frustrates me to no end. It makes me wanna just say screw it and just focus on my own experience. I'll get my defense to a point where aggression won't bother me much and deal with the bullcrap, or just play offline.

It's these same people that will message me NON-STOP demanding that I tell the devs to "Make the game more realistic" but then when I suggest how it should be done I get the "But that won't be fun" excuse thrown at me.

Sorry I kinda went into a rant there but this whole thing is annoying beyond belief.
This has been my biggest gripe with the series for the entirety of it's existence. In my experience from trying to show UFC 2 to people who had never played it before, both gamers who weren't MMA fans and MMA fans who weren't gamers, both groups remarked how unrealistic and wonky the game was overall. The gamers usually pointed out the inconsistencies in damage, the MMA guys usually pointed out stamina issues and things like speed, fluidity, counters. Not one person that I ever showed UFC 2 to just outright said "Wow man this game looks amazing."

Granted, I put 1000+ hours in that game so obviously I enjoyed it. But I think it says alot that I can remember showing FNC off and getting different responses about how good the game looked. UFC 3 has gotten that same kind of reception in my experience. But I think alot of that is animation, graphics, etc. Though the intense nature of the game and realistic KO damage do add to that reaction.

I feel that it takes a degree of understanding of actual MMA to recognize the problems in these games, and most people either don't watch fights or watch them casually. I hear people complaining about leg kick damage in the beta, head kick ko's and how hard it is to get up from mount as if those things aren't true in real life. So I can feel the same frustration laid out here as I too hear conflicting accounts from real people. I've been playing Tekken with friends who lamented that there wasn't a fighting game that emulated real life. Only to pop in UFC 2 and find them now complaining about the stamina system, grappling, footwork.

You can't please everyone, and in my opinion when you're making a game about a sport that already has a fairly niche market, you should just appeal to that market wholeheartedly. Call of Duty attempted to please all masters and they alienated the core fanbase for half a decade, all the while never bringing over the outsiders they so desperately attempted to win. Don't do the same thing and sacrifice the enjoyment of the hardcore fanbase that will be the lifeblood of this game for casual players who will drop it after two months to play the next fad.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost

UFC 2's stamina was by FAR more realistic and effective. I wouldn't have been able to get away with half the stuff I did. I think you needed to play it more from the "gassed" players prospective to understand how much of a non factor stamina has become.
I didn't mean to imply slow. And I do think you have bit too much power at low stam for sire, but I got caught a few times with 3rd round Diakiase, usually trying to time something and come forward with a straight, so I had vulnerability against me, but it was a shot id eaten earlier in the fight and took, and I hadn't been stunned or dropped, but he slipped the straight a bapped me with a hook that put me out, would've been at 10% stamina after the straight.

Your still dangerous as hell with low stamina, but you cannot mount major offense, and you'll get chewed up on the ground in my experience. It's not perfect (whiffs should take more stamina, postured up ground strikes should take more stamina, ect)

What I'm trying to say is its grown on me, and I don't wanna see it totally overhauled at this point (whereas initially I wanted big changes kinda)
But I defibately think power and movement speed should be lessened a bit, that doesn't mean say, a hendo right hand flush on the chin when he has 30% stamina should just bounce off your head however or anything like that.

I do think it has some balance (albeit not in a realism sense) and that drastic changes could actually make it far, far worse than far better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 09:32 AM   #72
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I didn't mean to imply slow. And I do think you have bit too much power at low stam for sire, but I got caught a few times with 3rd round Diakiase, usually trying to time something and come forward with a straight, so I had vulnerability against me, but it was a shot id eaten earlier in the fight and took, and I hadn't been stunned or dropped, but he slipped the straight a bapped me with a hook that put me out, would've been at 10% stamina after the straight.

Your still dangerous as hell with low stamina, but you cannot mount major offense, and you'll get chewed up on the ground in my experience. It's not perfect (whiffs should take more stamina, postured up ground strikes should take more stamina, ect)

What I'm trying to say is its grown on me, and I don't wanna see it totally overhauled at this point (whereas initially I wanted big changes kinda)
But I defibately think power and movement speed should be lessened a bit, that doesn't mean say, a hendo right hand flush on the chin when he has 30% stamina should just bounce off your head however or anything like that.

I do think it has some balance (albeit not in a realism sense) and that drastic changes could actually make it far, far worse than far better.
It's times like this I wish we had a Driftor type character in this community who could test all this kind of stuff and get accurate data on it. Like numbers and percentages and stuff. That way we could really have something to back up either side of this debate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »