Home

EA UFC 3 beta SWAY issues + How to fix them

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 beta SWAY issues + How to fix them within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2017, 09:10 AM   #1
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
EA UFC 3 beta SWAY issues + How to fix them

HOW TO FIX/TUNE SWAYS in UFC 3:

1) With new cameras we have some problems - Give us an option to input RS sway based not on the current screen position but on permanent basis (left side = sway to the left even if it is to the right side of the screen)

2) VERY crucial issue - too large/wide Dead zone on RS for sways: you need to tilt RS 50% to make a sygnal. So when we are trying to make 2+ sways in a row we loose time on going throw large RS Dead zone w/o recgnixing the input = unresponsive Sway controls.
> Sways are very lightning thing and very important to make RS Dead zone much tighter (max = 10%, now we have 50%).

3)We need BUFFERING - i think 10 frames window will be OK.
Buffering means you press several buttons in a row as a combination of actions and this sequence is remembered and will be started.
We have buffering for strikes and sways...
But now we have not buffer for Lounges and steps and Grapplong moves (clinch / TD attempts) for ex, we can not for ex buffer dash FWD > BWD as a bait.
> Give us 10 frames buffer window for ALL moves (including Dodges, Grappling moves and etc) more strategy and combinations (for ex got to TD just after sway).
Back to sways:
Try to make FAST INPUT (to create a buffer memory) strikes 1-2, Sway left, Sway right... the last Sway will not be executed, b/c only ONE Sway is remembering.
> Give us the ability to buffering many more than one in a row Sways (to create a Sways series)

4) BUG: GPD said when you got a hit from the opponent u r in Frame disadvantage (FDA), you need to Block his 2nd combo strike (to regain Frame advantage), then you will be able to Sway right under his 3rd strike... i.e. we need buffer here too (WHILE HOLDING Block input Sway and just after u releseased Block the Sway will launch AUTOMATICALLY). And we have it! All is fine!
But except one BUG - R2, Sway down - is not buffering! Others sway directions are fine, except down, Fix this please!

5) Sways are not buffering into Lunges/dashes - Sway inputted (and holding RS) during Lounge execution will not start after lounge ends.
> Allow us to BUFFER anything in anything (including Sways into Lounges, Blocking, etc).

BUFFERING input - is the best way to make sways responsive!

6) I think needs to decrease tracking accuracy of opponent's strike on our Sways - and also it must to be more based on "Accuracy" ratings (some fighters are tracking sways better than others, so dont use Sways against them too much and vice versa, know your opponent)

SWAYS HAVE SOME OP PROPERTIES - FIX THEM:

1) We now can spam quick Sways by tapping Sways frequently during Walking - it is bad:
- it not slow down Walking speed, even more it makes it faster
- also we are getting Evasive properties during it (exlploit)
> You need to make time penalty after Sway before you could make another for ex 10-20 frames DURING WALKING. No penalties when stand in place.

2) Stamina regen druing Sways is the same as stand still - this is wrong
> Make stamina regen slower during Sways by 30-50%.

P.S. Sway in UD3 VS EA UFC 3:
In terms of visual animation - yes, UD striking and swaying animation now looks much worse than EA.
But in terms of Gameplay - no, Sways were good and useful in UD.

UD Sway:
+ much faster initial evasive movement = more effectiveness of the Sway
+ has special strike from the Sway (Sway head punch, Sway body punch) which were very fast and fluid from the Sway
+ tight dead zone on controller = tilt a bit paunches Sway (very precise and lightning reaction)
+ absolute buffering possibilitis - you could buffer them anywhere and from anything (check my thread about Sway issues and buffering)

EA UFC 3 Sway:
+ much better animation
+ possible to launch ANY type of strike from the sway
+ much better button layout (RS only, w/o R1)
- initial evasive movement in Sway is not fast enough imho
- Strikes from sway are a bit laggy (some delay) and some strikes are launching not immediately but after returning to standing position (opens for incoming strike)
- huge 50% dead zone = input issue to launch Swat immediatley, forces delays = unresponsiveness
- has some buffering issues which prevents from fluid planned patterns

Last edited by SUGATA; 12-03-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 09:31 AM   #2
MVP

Re: EA UFC 3 beta SWAY issues + How to fix them

Why did you go into another thread on this issue, post delete and then make your own thread on this issue instead of just making this post in that thread?
Old 12-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Why did you go into another thread on this issue, post delete and then make your own thread on this issue instead of just making this post in that thread?
Because wanted to create more complicated accented thread, with ALL info + SOLUTIONS in 1st post (not just little complain post w/o details) - it allows for devs to notice this info easier w/o reading tons of pages.

Look at my threads - they all with the same principle:
Issue - details - cases - how to fix.
Complaining only is useless.

Last edited by SUGATA; 12-03-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Because wanted to create more complicated accented thread, with ALL info + SOLUTIONS in 1st post (not just little complain post w/o details) - it allows fore devs to notice this easier w/o reading tons of pages.

Look at my threads - they all with the same principle:
Issue - details - cases - how to fix.
Complaining only is useless.
bold as ****

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-03-2017, 09:58 AM   #5
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
bold as ****

Next time try post something useful and helpful for community and the game beta which allows for it to become better.
It ususally requires much more time an energy from you than such posts with ***
Also try to respect others who are spending all this to make the game better.

Last edited by SUGATA; 12-03-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 10:48 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Next time try post something useful and helpful for community and the game beta which allows for it to become better.
It ususally requires much more time an energy form you than such posts with ***
Also try to respect others who are spending all this to make the game better.
If anyone has been disrespectful it's you lol.

I don't come on here to argue with arrogance. Good day to you.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
Banned

This is exactly what I am talking about. The people who spend the most time actually trying to help the community and improve the game face a constant barrage of insults and accusations from people desperate to defend EA.

I find it absolutely bizarre that so many from the Undisputed community are banned and yet these kind of constant insults against users like Sugata and others are tolerated by Operation Sports.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:56 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilllyBopaw
This is exactly what I am talking about. The people who spend the most time actually trying to help the community and improve the game face a constant barrage of insults and accusations from people desperate to defend EA.

I find it absolutely bizarre that so many from the Undisputed community are banned and yet these kind of constant insults against users like Sugata and others are tolerated by Operation Sports.
The conversation started because after posting this helpful post, the OPer ventured into another thread to demand it be deleted... as though the feedback provided by other users was obsolete.

Absolutely nothing to do with defending EA.

I made an off the cuff remark about how bold a move his reply was to someone questioning why he'd done so.

I'm not here to squabble over nonsense. I'm out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »