Home

Separate ratings for punch/kick speed/power

This is a discussion on Separate ratings for punch/kick speed/power within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2017, 12:52 PM   #41
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Separate ratings for punch/kick speed/power

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEvil
I don't like the change, but I haven't noticed it drastically effect anything like some are insinuating with Diaz. Think we'll need time with the full game to really see if its an issue or if the move levels balance it out
I've head kick KO'd sooooo many people with Diaz lol. I've also been put into a health event because of a few leg kicks he hit me with. I wasn't checking them thinking it'd be fine not to check a few. I'm not sure if this is partly on how the damage system works as well. Maybe I was throwing a big strike as he hit me with one. That's also another issue though. Leg kicks are too powerful across the board. Only some fighters should have the ability to deal out leg damage real quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #42
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEvil
I don't like the change, but I haven't noticed it drastically effect anything like some are insinuating with Diaz. Think we'll need time with the full game to really see if its an issue or if the move levels balance it out
The Diaz issues are likely:

Too fast animation for his custom 1-2.

and

Perks that give him already great stamina additional boosts.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I've head kick KO'd sooooo many people with Diaz lol. I've also been put into a health event because of a few leg kicks he hit me with. I wasn't checking them thinking it'd be fine not to check a few. I'm not sure if this is partly on how the damage system works as well. Maybe I was throwing a big strike as he hit me with one. That's also another issue though. Leg kicks are too powerful across the board. Only some fighters should have the ability to deal out leg damage real quickly.
So let me ask you a question:

Should Diaz be able to stop people with a head kick? We know that head kicks arent Diaz's forte and he hasnt stopped anyone in real life with one. On the flip side, if he lands a head kick flush when an opponent is vulnerable, he would likely hurt or stop an opponent.

So should the game be hyper realistic where because Diaz hasnt hurt a ton of people in real life he shouldnt be able to in the game? Or should EA assume given that Diaz is an elite MMA fighter that if someone with his skills landed clean head kicks that he is capable of finishing an opponent?
Old 12-03-2017, 01:05 PM   #44
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So let me ask you a question:

Should Diaz be able to stop people with a head kick? We know that head kicks arent Diaz's forte and he hasnt stopped anyone in real life with one. On the flip side, if he lands a head kick flush when an opponent is vulnerable, he would likely hurt or stop an opponent.

So should the game be hyper realistic where because Diaz hasnt hurt a ton of people in real life he shouldnt be able to in the game? Or should EA assume given that Diaz is an elite MMA fighter that if someone with his skills landed clean head kicks that he is capable of finishing an opponent?
This is something I've given some thought and yes, it should absolutely be possible in game. It just needs to be balanced right where I can't pull off head kick KO after head kick KO with him. I am good with head kick KO's so it could partly be that.... But I also believe that in the current state it needs some balancing.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:11 PM   #45
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Be interesting to see how EA handles TJ's speed and power at 125.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 01:16 PM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
This is something I've given some thought and yes, it should absolutely be possible in game. It just needs to be balanced right where I can't pull off head kick KO after head kick KO with him. I am good with head kick KO's so it could partly be that.... But I also believe that in the current state it needs some balancing.
Thanks.

Also keep in mind that alot of the people you are facing arent aware of vulnerability. So you have alot more opportunities] to land a head kick than you would in real life.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #47
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thanks.

Also keep in mind that alot of the people you are facing arent aware of vulnerability. So you have alot more opportunities] to land a head kick than you would in real life.
I know about vulnerablity and fight extremely patient, and Serengeti head kick KOd me in about 30 seconds with Diaz. Lmao

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-03-2017, 02:24 PM   #48
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I don't know why it was changed.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
This concerns me. Who changed it? Do we know that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »