Home

The most basic counter in boxing doesn't seem to work in the beta

This is a discussion on The most basic counter in boxing doesn't seem to work in the beta within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2017, 05:30 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The most basic counter in boxing doesn't seem to work in the beta

The head movement really isn't as great an advancement of UFC 2 as I was expecting. It is the exact same but you can walk with it

It needs to be mapped so that the degree of how much you love matches your right stick movement. If I want to keep my head moving as I close in, I keep slightly twitching the stick. If I want a full block or a sideways evade, I flick it.

It's not very realistic just now. How many real life fighters constantly go on a full duck down to dodge a jab?
Old 12-04-2017, 05:44 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbnt149
The head movement really isn't as great an advancement of UFC 2 as I was expecting. It is the exact same but you can walk with it

It needs to be mapped so that the degree of how much you love matches your right stick movement. If I want to keep my head moving as I close in, I keep slightly twitching the stick. If I want a full block or a sideways evade, I flick it.

It's not very realistic just now. How many real life fighters constantly go on a full duck down to dodge a jab?
Yeah. Thatd be great. I was kinda hoping it was gonna like FNC as well but with headmovement while moving.. you can do exactly that in FNC and it feels greaaaat.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:47 AM   #11
MVP

You don't have to duck under a jab, you can slip elbow side and throw your straight up the middle, you just have to throw the straight or you'll get hit by the 2, and sometimes you'll get hit by diaz's 2 anyway, but it looks way better and is more fun to try and pull off. Obviously, this is easier in open stance matchups, but it can be done in closed stance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 01:59 PM   #12
Rookie

EL_TERRIBLE_0069's Arena

Um, I've been able to slip and counter using every punch...are yall even playing the same game? lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »