Home

Dariush, Diakese, Felder, etc...

This is a discussion on Dariush, Diakese, Felder, etc... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #25
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dariush, Diakese, Felder, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
This. This all day.
I felt like I didn't even beat Nate Diaz the one time I beat him because I ended up head kicking him during this. Not knowing the intricacies of how this is programmed, I can't say if this is a bug or not. But it's a fairly reliable tactic/exploit from what I've noticed.
Yeah I really hope SkyNet can fix this

PSN: TreJay2000
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 09:14 PM   #26
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
This is a very concerning view for me, and one that I really don't like seeing in these forums, because we're really trying to not have this. The real truth of the matter is that outside of the sliders that you'll have access to, the AI never has any advantage over the user in gameplay. There is no such thing as a power dynamic between the player and AI.
I'm confused as to what you meant by this part specifically. Thank you for explaining some of my frustration, but what do you mean when you say that you don't like seeing this view in the forums? I didn't mean to convey any negativity towards the game with this. I just have heard more people than me complain about this. I posted about it a few days ago, but after a few people replied kinda shooting it down, I continued to play the game assuming that I was just looking at it wrong. The only reason I made this post was hearing some friends who just started playing the beta now that it is open make this same complaint. Made me reanalyze the argument and want to put it out there to see if there's any legs to it, or if anyone, like Aholbert did, would have more information/examples to help me understand what's going on.

But you saying there is nothing that would give an inherent advantage to the AI is comforting, albeit confusing given the experience I and others have had with the game. Granted, the situation you present of me running into shots and him backing away from them makes total sense. I think I got so used to the flow of UFC 2. Trying to fight realistically and tactically would almost always get me wrecked in that game and some of those habits may be overriding my play. I've noticed that the more realistically I try to play in UFC 3, the better I end up doing.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:15 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
I'm confused as to what you meant by this part specifically. Thank you for explaining some of my frustration, but what do you mean when you say that you don't like seeing this view in the forums? I didn't mean to convey any negativity towards the game with this. I just have heard more people than me complain about this. I posted about it a few days ago, but after a few people replied kinda shooting it down, I continued to play the game assuming that I was just looking at it wrong. The only reason I made this post was hearing some friends who just started playing the beta now that it is open make this same complaint. Made me reanalyze the argument and want to put it out there to see if there's any legs to it, or if anyone, like Aholbert did, would have more information/examples to help me understand what's going on.

But you saying there is nothing that would give an inherent advantage to the AI is comforting, albeit confusing given the experience I and others have had with the game. Granted, the situation you present of me running into shots and him backing away from them makes total sense. I think I got so used to the flow of UFC 2. Trying to fight realistically and tactically would almost always get me wrecked in that game and some of those habits may be overriding my play. I've noticed that the more realistically I try to play in UFC 3, the better I end up doing.
I don't mean to speak for someone else, but I don't think he meant it in that way, I think he means he's concerned that players are getting this impression from the AI, and the last thing he wants players thinking is that the AI has an unfair advantage.

That's how I interpreteded it anyway.

And yeah, playing like its UFC 2 will get you KO'd quick, took me a few matches to realize that but now that I'm comfortable I certainly dont find the AI to feel advantageous in any way. It's a precise striker on higher difficultys(with high end strikers, Khabib still sucks on the feet lol), but I like that.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #28
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:

Indeed, Aero is correct. I don't like seeing it because it means people are getting that impression and I really want to avoid that. Not because it makes me angry.

We put a lot of effort into having an AI that has no cheating or unfair advantage, so when people think it does I get sad :'(
Old 12-06-2017, 09:02 AM   #29
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Indeed, Aero is correct. I don't like seeing it because it means people are getting that impression and I really want to avoid that. Not because it makes me angry.

We put a lot of effort into having an AI that has no cheating or unfair advantage, so when people think it does I get sad :'(
That was what I had assumed you meant I just figured I'd ask you to clarify rather than assuming. I can imagine it's disheartening putting something out there and seeing complaints about something you specifically addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »