Home

Dariush, Diakese, Felder, etc...

This is a discussion on Dariush, Diakese, Felder, etc... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2017, 06:47 PM   #1
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

OVR: 0
Dariush, Diakese, Felder, etc...

The AI that aren't made with the Signature AI are way too timid. They're near unbeatable because they almost never attack you first.

This has been consistent in every fight against all the AI who do not have signature AI. Please fix this. It's gonna be very annoying when the actual game drops if every single fighter looks like Overeem V. Werdum. This is the same issue I pointed out in UT so it looks to be an AI thing whenever it isn't using the signature AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 06:52 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Dariush, Diakese, Felder, etc...

I don't have this issue at all. Like, I'm not calling you a liar but I've had zero issues convincing the AI to follow me and running them into counters. I honestly think that by far the easiest way to beat the AI is to stay on the very edge of kicking range to bait a body kick and step back to counter with jab high kick. I have no experience with UT (really not my thing) so it could very well be an issue there, but I've found the AI in general to be pretty good about actually fighting you (although they may give you the fight you want too much, if that makes sense) but there is absolutely a difference between signature and non-signature (which is understandable)
Old 12-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
The AI that aren't made with the Signature AI are way too timid. They're near unbeatable because they almost never attack you first.

This has been consistent in every fight against all the AI who do not have signature AI. Please fix this. It's gonna be very annoying when the actual game drops if every single fighter looks like Overeem V. Werdum. This is the same issue I pointed out in UT so it looks to be an AI thing whenever it isn't using the signature AI.
I'm going to post some vids over the hour because I'm not seeing this issue at all.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #4
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

I'm wondering what it is then because I'm hearing this complaint from others as well.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:09 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
I'm wondering what it is then because I'm hearing this complaint from others as well.
Ok, so here goes. Diakese is on a generic template that is a more passive than say Iaquinta. That template also likes to counter more than others. With that said, the AI isnt what I call passive. Here are two clips of me fighting Diakese. The first one is on normal which is less aggressive than Pro. Still with both you see the Ai striking without needing to counter. You see multi strike Combos and you see a realistic pace. At that pace you would get less than 100 strikes a round from the AI which is realistic for video game MMA.

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to win. I'm just trying to see if the AI will lead on this template.

The first clip is on Normal.
https://youtu.be/1CDQoNEQS1U

The second one is on Pro

https://youtu.be/zCDzuq1s_IA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Now compare this to Iaquinta who has a generic template but one that is more forward moving and aggressive:

Old 12-04-2017, 07:18 PM   #7
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

I stand corrected.
I'm just confused as to why we aren't getting the same results on our end. Either way I feel like there is still a noticeable difference between them and the Signature fighters. I know there's probably nothing to be done about this, and I'm grateful for the improvements they have made. But overall those fighters feel less consistent in their approach than the others. Which is to be expected but can still be a little annoying. Having to literally chase the opponent just to touch gloves at the start of the round is, to me, an example of how strong the urge to back peddle and wait around is for them. I'm having 30-50 second stretches of me standing there as he circles slowly or stands in the same spot, not faking not ducking just standing. Technical striking is one thing, but that feels borderline Silva V. Maia to me.

Again though, your videos show that this isn't a 100% constant issue so I don't really know what to think about this now.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:21 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Now Diakese, Felder, Pettis, Barboza and Dariush all have similar templates (Barboza and Pettis are more true to life though and have very specific tendencies based on fight stats). So you are seeing them behave in similar ways.

This is what I like to see. I dont want everyone moving forward and just throwing combos and bombs. When you face Pettis or Felder, you should have to cut off the cage and use distance strikes to beat them. Or try to get inside. Or grapple with them to beat them.

I want the final AI to be that if you fight a Machida or a Wonderboy, you have to work to land strikes just like you would in real life. It should be difficult because it is difficult in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »