Home

Stamina Barely Matters. Proof Inside.

This is a discussion on Stamina Barely Matters. Proof Inside. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2017, 10:09 AM   #41
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stamina Barely Matters. Proof Inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
This. I have a feeling people are taking sigificant shots shots to the head, their opponents stamina gets low and they wonder why they are still getting rocked so easily.
I think most of us are giving the KOs that are concerned about this. I was typically playing as Marc D if I wasn't Ferguson. Marc's stamina was horrible, but it never mattered, I'd have 50% or a little less of my stamina and still moved and striked just as fast as my opponent. Of course combos were just as fast.

I used to think, "well damn, I need to stop being Marc, his stamina is awful!" But I started to realize it was irrelevant if I can still pull off hyper speed combos and didn't actually get slower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #42
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
This has nothing to do with stamina, your opponent is terrible so you have free shots at his chin. The power comes from his chin meter already being depleted from the shots before.

How many times did you rock/drop both opponents before this point?

Everyone seems to forget the new chin/stun meters that are hidden, they just put everything down to stamina.. ok I agree fighters should be more sluggish but as it is they are still one big shot and done.
A couple of times at most (maybe while I had barely any gas too). I wasn't playing to win. I drained my stamina by throwing spinning kicks at air before this. I assure you there's much more wrong here than just the chin depletion mechanic. Try it mate. You can say it's a good player vs a bad player all you want... but pretty much all I'm doing is pushing forward with normal movement speed and duck/upper. All with great speed and power. He also can't hurt me. None of this is realistic or fair.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 12-05-2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #43
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
I think most of us are giving the KOs that are concerned about this. I was typically playing as Marc D if I wasn't Ferguson. Marc's stamina was horrible, but it never mattered, I'd have 50% or a little less of my stamina and still moved and striked just as fast as my opponent. Of course combos were just as fast.

I used to think, "well damn, I need to stop being Marc, his stamina is awful!" But I started to realize it was irrelevant if I can still pull off hyper speed combos and didn't actually get slower.
I almost stopped playing as Felder for the same reason until someone watching me in the room pointed out that I was still faster than my opponent. It's very very noticeable in an actual fight. Especially with someone who wants to just wail on the buttons. I played a few fights against the younger siblings, had real issues with this. They wore themselves out near instantly just missing shots but it never felt like it even mattered. They were able to keep up with me regardless. This might not be such an issue between two skilled players, but in my opinion you shouldn't build something assuming skilled people will pick it up. It should be designed in a way that an unskilled person couldn't just pick this up and demolish a skilled player by hammering the buttons, throwing lightning speed punches that have no real effect on their stamina. I'm not saying this is how the game is, but in a general sense someone should not be rewarded for an unrealistic style of play. Makes it frustrating when you're trying to work a gameplan on someone who's practically banging the controller against their chest and they never slow down, never get weaker, and you pretty much are forced to play this bull/matador game with a bull that never gets tired.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:12 PM   #44
Rookie

Yup stamina is a huge issue i admit its better than EAUFC2 but still could be tweaked a bit. There has been several times that someone just spams jabs and hooks and there seems to be very low stamina drain and if they get someone like Diaz hes fast and its hard to get shots off without getting hit. Now sometimes i can just block and wait for opening and hit em with a overhand but they just get right back to it..
I can counter this most the times with brutal KOs BUT i would like to see stamina make more of a difference. If someone is just spamming punches moving forward without making contact through the block there should be a huge noticable stamina drain to prevent this kind of play. I liked the idea of getting away from the rock em sock em robots from EAUFC2.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #45
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
In a general sense, someone should not be rewarded for an unrealistic style of play. Makes it frustrating when you're trying to work a gameplan on someone who's practically banging the controller against their chest and they never slow down, never get weaker, and you pretty much are forced to play this bull/matador game with a bull that never gets tired.
This describes almost every single fight I had in BETA over the past week.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »