Home

Y/N Would you be ok with EA delaying the game to give us a better product?

This is a discussion on Y/N Would you be ok with EA delaying the game to give us a better product? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2017, 06:36 PM   #49
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Y/N Would you be ok with EA delaying the game to give us a better product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
oh. There's one thing you forgot. It's SLAM to escape from triangle choke. anyway, it is a minor thing.
Does it cause damage?
Old 12-05-2017, 09:16 PM   #50
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

^

Pretty sure, yeah. I think everyone in the game can do it though lol. Having Pettis slam me feels strange to say the least. Also just feel violated and annoyed that my opponent slammed me like a prime Rampage because he got out of a submission

I def hope it's not like that in the full game. Would be the ground game's version of the cage superman punch
Old 12-05-2017, 09:32 PM   #51
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Oh yeah, submissions slams and a bunch of new reversals.

Completely forgot.

Point stands, not ignored.
woah...wait...

There's submission slams??!!

PSN: TreJay2000
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2017, 09:57 PM   #52
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
woah...wait...

There's submission slams??!!
Triangle escape. Only Diaz can do it.

J/k abouts Diaz
Old 12-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #53
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Seeing these controller complaints has me wondering if I have big basketball hands or something, cause I've played Claw style on Xbox in just about every video game for 10+ years and had no problems with cramps or being uncomfortable.

Granted, I think the control scheme is cumbersome and wonky at times. But like I told a friend of mine who was really upset about it, I can't think of any better ideas myself.

Like if it had been my job to design a control scheme I doubt it would have been any better than this, it might have even been worse or at least similar. Once I got used to the controls I didn't find them hard to use and it all felt solid in action. Unless this was controller-specific then I'm not sure what the issue with this is.

Overall though I'd actually be against a delay. I've been waiting for this game for a long time now as EA UFC 2 became frustrating months ago. I can't wait any longer. Also the longer they wait the more irrelevant the game becomes. Making a game based on this sport is already hard considering how volatile the higher parts of the rankings are. Champions change, people rise and fall at such a rate that it's already an arduous task to keep these games relevant. Pushing it back any further could just add the possibility for more Dustin Poirier not having his hair type stuff.

With as many complaints as I've laid out across the past couple weeks, I still feel like the game is a massive step up from UFC 2. I couldn't even show UFC 2 to people with any kind of confidence. I always had to justify my love for that game because it was an obvious mess with glaring issues and exploits. For every flaw that I noticed in the beta there was enough around it to keep me playing the whole time and feeling a bit of withdrawal in the day since the end.

I hate to always be comparing these two series, as they really aren't similar games, but WWE 2k18 launched in a half playable state with several features either unfinished or barely usable. In the month or so since it's released they've put out a DLC pack and two patches that have fixed alot of these issues. I feel like a hypocrite even suggesting that EA release a game with the intention to "complete" it after the initial launch, but that's what I would do. Put the game out with the changes you have time to make now, and just work on what you can as it goes along.

No matter what they give us it's better than UFC 2. I can't even play it now that I've felt the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »