Home

Problem seeing the Block Meter?

This is a discussion on Problem seeing the Block Meter? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2017, 12:02 PM   #17
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Problem seeing the Block Meter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Seeing the grappling HUD would help with reactions. Seeing the meters helps with tactics. Very different things.
Christ, solid please tell me you're not on a crusade behind doors with the devs telling them to never remove the stam and health bars. You're a GC for the community man, not for yourself, remember that.

Seeing bars affect the whole gameplay in ways that shouldn't. Good tactics are meant to work even without seeing bars screaming to you its working.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #18
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
You're a GC for the community man, not for yourself, remember that.
Right. He has a lot of differing opinions from the community that he seems to push too.... Just sayin'
Old 12-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #19
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

The more I think about this the more I realize how necessary this is.

We really need to push to get this implemented if there are enough people who agree with us.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:01 PM   #20
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Christ, solid please tell me you're not on a crusade behind doors with the devs telling them to never remove the stam and health bars. You're a GC for the community man, not for yourself, remember that.

Seeing bars affect the whole gameplay in ways that shouldn't. Good tactics are meant to work even without seeing bars screaming to you its working.
I am in a cruzade behind doors with the devs telling them to never remove the stam and health bars.

Don't worry, though. I think all the other GCers agree with you.

I am a GC for the community. It does mean I'm only repeating what the majority thinks.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:15 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

Thats an interesting point.

For example, I wasnt chosen as a GC by the community. EA reached out to me on its own primarily because I was active on OS with UFC 1 in suggesting ways to make offline more realistic. I dont feel beholden to the community because the community didnt pick me.

I'll give you an example: Some people on OS and on the new EA forums have been complaining that the AI for fighters like Barbosa is too difficult to fight because he stays outside the entire fight. I have and will argue strongly against that because 1) thats how Barboza fights and 2) its good to have a game where every fighter doesnt always brawl. Even if the majority of the community wanted that change, I would argue its bad for the game and push to keep things the same.

Now Solid is different. He was voted in by the community. With that said, the community knew that Solid's view of the UFC series may not always align with what the community wants when they chose him. I actually think thats a good thing though. I've worked with Solid for 2 years now and its good to have someone come from another perspective on things.

That doesnt mean that everything he pushes for the devs or the other GC's agree with. Same goes for my ideas. The community has 4 other GCs who all have different perspectives and will debate and push back on an idea if they dont like it or think its bad for the game.

In the end, its the devs call. They arent going to keep something just because Solid or even all of the GCs want something if the majority of the public wants it gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 03:08 PM   #22
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats an interesting point.

For example, I wasnt chosen as a GC by the community. EA reached out to me on its own primarily because I was active on OS with UFC 1 in suggesting ways to make offline more realistic. I dont feel beholden to the community because the community didnt pick me.

I'll give you an example: Some people on OS and on the new EA forums have been complaining that the AI for fighters like Barbosa is too difficult to fight because he stays outside the entire fight. I have and will argue strongly against that because 1) thats how Barboza fights and 2) its good to have a game where every fighter doesnt always brawl. Even if the majority of the community wanted that change, I would argue its bad for the game and push to keep things the same.

Now Solid is different. He was voted in by the community. With that said, the community knew that Solid's view of the UFC series may not always align with what the community wants when they chose him. I actually think thats a good thing though. I've worked with Solid for 2 years now and its good to have someone come from another perspective on things.

That doesnt mean that everything he pushes for the devs or the other GC's agree with. Same goes for my ideas. The community has 4 other GCs who all have different perspectives and will debate and push back on an idea if they dont like it or think its bad for the game.

In the end, its the devs call. They arent going to keep something just because Solid or even all of the GCs want something if the majority of the public wants it gone.
Yeah I didnt mean anything bashful about it and I am concsious about other GCs being involved. (Though some of them seems to have literally went on to go and be youtubers, which makes them barely involved with the community here anymore.)

Debating on feedback is good, not everyone should agree with everyone, its a matter of opinions of course, but this particular point has been so one sided since forever that it should be reflected in the game. Seeing your opponents' meters should sincerily not be on, in at the very least ranked mode. That way if you want to have a feel for it and you feel your tactics go hands in hands wih bars that tell you when to go for subs, finish or put pressure, quick matches could help you with it. But ranked mode that is competitively oriented shouldnt have that hand holding stuff.

As Zhunter said in another thread, he doesnt want the meta of the game to be changed if the stamina is nerfed too much, making it feel like it would be a battle of stamina bar comparaison. Having your opponents bars removed certainly would help in that matter.

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 12-06-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:09 PM   #23
MVP

Trillz's Arena

i vote for it gone irl you dont know when your opponents block is going to give out, why do we need that bar in this.

Id rather all the bars go to see from your opponent but block defo 100%.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #24
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Right. He has a lot of differing opinions from the community that he seems to push too.... Just sayin'
Solid is an Arcade Fighter guy, not an MMA guy. I think that's why he has such dramatically different opinions than the rest of the community.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »