Home

Before the next time you complain about Rogan's commentary.....

This is a discussion on Before the next time you complain about Rogan's commentary..... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2017, 10:04 AM   #17
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Before the next time you complain about Rogan's commentary.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
Come on, there's no way that he actually says that. I'd like to see a clip of that if someone can find one. I think that when he actually said that IRL was about oblique kicks to the knees, founded by Jon Jones. If it's true that they took that and inserted that at a point of grappling, I will be so baffled I won't know how to react and am sure that Rogan would be piiiiiiiiissed
I can't post evidence, so take it how you will but I heard this line in the beta as well. Can't remember when it was said though.

Judging from you guys ability to analyze the commentary, I guess I'm the only one who defaults it to "off" as soon as he turns the game on. IMO they've been notoriously inaccurate and jarring in previous games, enough to make me turn it off entirely. But to be fair, I do the same in the WWE games as well as their commentary is so abysmal it makes this series look like NBA 2K.

But I would never point that at Joe himself, or really even EA for that matter. I have no idea what it takes to put this together, but just theorizing that it would have to be some system that recognizes when to pull certain lines for certain events. That's gotta be difficult to put together. I'll just keep mine off so I can focus on the fight itself like I have in the past games.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:09 AM   #18
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Well I am 100% sure it happened when I was grappling. The guy wasn't even stalling IMO, and it was actually said during a reversal.

I thought it was ridiculous. Like Rogan's laugh, it stood out to me right away. I think they should probably remove that line from that part of the game. Rogan loves grappling and he'd still find something to be excited about in what anyone else would consider a boring situation.

While I appreciate Rogan's efforts, if he doesn't like doing it, then I rather see someone else pick it up. I'm not that attached to the guy that I can't deal with someone else doing the commentary. If anything, I've grown to like some of the others commentators the UFC put out there. Obviously Rogan is too big of a part of the entire presentation now, and this isn't going to happen anytime soon. Best we can hope for is a Pride mode in UFC4 where hopefully Rutten and Ranallo are more excited about the commentary gig than Rogan is.

Last edited by Yaari; 12-06-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #19
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

I've also heard Rogan say that line. Made me cringe as well. Normally don't pay attention to the commentary much but that one stuck out a lot.

Also notice how in the video in the OP he says it's weird that they let him get punched when he's unconscious.... they def need to get rid of that finish the fight animation. EA have their work cut out in a big way on the next game.

By UFC 6 we'll be looking at a very high standard of MMA games if they do things right (judging by the pace they're going at atm).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »