Home

Submissions off arm traps?

This is a discussion on Submissions off arm traps? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2017, 10:41 AM   #1
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

OVR: 0
Submissions off arm traps?

Just saw a post where it was said that you can do submissions off arm traps and also submission slams.

Does anyone have video of this? I didn't see this in the beta and I'd love to know how it's done. Sakuraba was an idol of mine as a kid and that sequence with Rampage is embedded in my brain til I die.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Submissions off arm traps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
Just saw a post where it was said that you can do submissions off arm traps and also submission slams.

Does anyone have video of this? I didn't see this in the beta and I'd love to know how it's done. Sakuraba was an idol of mine as a kid and that sequence with Rampage is embedded in my brain til I die.
search on youtube. slam is there. you can find it easily.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:08 AM   #3
MVP

I'm not sure if this is what they mean by arm trap submissions, but I armbarred someone with Barboza from the bottom of stacked guard, it was l2 and then the punch direction on the right stick, basically got a 2-3 gate guard armbar as a counter to a punch. If they mean submissions from the arm trap positions, then IDK, never saw those.

Last edited by Nugget7211; 12-06-2017 at 11:08 AM. Reason: a word
Old 12-06-2017, 07:06 PM   #4
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I'm not sure if this is what they mean by arm trap submissions, but I armbarred someone with Barboza from the bottom of stacked guard, it was l2 and then the punch direction on the right stick, basically got a 2-3 gate guard armbar as a counter to a punch. If they mean submissions from the arm trap positions, then IDK, never saw those.
If you did that, then those are arm trap submissions...i didn't know anyone in the beta had it tbh, but I remember GPD saying it was in the game. I suggested this idea a while back in a few post, cuz the game was missing catching strikes into subs on the ground. Shows that the devs are actually listening to us.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:11 PM   #5
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:

Yh the submission slam is in...the one I saw was the rampage powerbomb from the triangle choke attempt. Idk if there are anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #6
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

But let allow us to feint GNP too!
Old 12-06-2017, 07:56 PM   #7
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR

But let allow us to feint GNP too!
Glad they added it and hope it is in more positions than just stacked guard. Should be some in full guard postured up and half guard postured up. This will make submission fighters more of a threat now. Why is the animation so not fluid though...it's like he feints a punch then gives him his arm Anyway at least its in there

Last edited by WarMMA; 12-06-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:35 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:

Didn't know you could catch a sub from sub stack, that's awesome.
But I've seen the sub escapes. There is rampage Esq slam from a triangle.
And the lift and drop punch escape for armbars, IMO they are sadly purely asthetic, I really wish they did I a bit more damage, I got hit with a few triangle slams and they didn't so much.

Id love to see someone get pounded in guard, be almost out. Posture the guy down and lock in a desperation triangle, and get slam KO'd for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »