Home

nobody has brought this bug up(takedowns)

This is a discussion on nobody has brought this bug up(takedowns) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: nobody has brought this bug up(takedowns)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I'm pretty sure I've had it denied.
if theres just a way for the devs to try out what im saying before they release the game. two guys stand in the middle of the octagon and one goes for a double leg takedown its almost instant. ive played ufc 1 and 2 and you would have to get momentum before getting a takedown
Old 12-06-2017, 09:11 PM   #10
Pro

I had this suspicion as well while playing against a guy that got all of his takedowns stuffed except the double legs. The animation would push him almost half way across the ring and I would see it coming, but not be able to stop it.

I also vaguely remember certain takedown being blocked with something other than RT+down at some point in this series, maybe it was Undisputed, and figured it could have been that possibly.

He was using Khabib so I thought it could have just been stats + perks.

I was going to try it out in practice mode but forgot.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:14 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4einboy
not many people were talking about this but i think it needs alot of attention . most people were just keeping it standing but i tested the takedowns in ufc 3 and for some reason the double leg takedowns were instant . i would much rather take it to the ground or clinch but it is way to easy to get takedowns . was this just a bug because it was a beta or will this be on the full game. i would much rather earn my takedowns . it was only the double leg can i get an answer please.and for anyone thinking you have to block them im telling you they were instant takedowns and you couldnt block them

I don't mean to be rude, but it was probably the player, did you try it with multiple people? I had plenty of double legs stuffed vs the AI and vs Players. Whenever someone would run across the cage and slap my leg for that instant leg health event bug I'd shoot a double, theyd always sprawl it but I'd use that new drive through to side control transition to get top.

But yeah, no issues with TD denials here. Nor did I land every double I shot, or even half. My TD issues was the input lag and lack of setup combos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2017, 01:19 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
I had this suspicion as well while playing against a guy that got all of his takedowns stuffed except the double legs. The animation would push him almost half way across the ring and I would see it coming, but not be able to stop it.

I also vaguely remember certain takedown being blocked with something other than RT+down at some point in this series, maybe it was Undisputed, and figured it could have been that possibly.

He was using Khabib so I thought it could have just been stats + perks.

I was going to try it out in practice mode but forgot.
When someone shoots like that. Deny before they touch you and you'll get it. Or throw an uppercut or knee.

You can preemptively deny Takedowns, and a shot like that you see coming from a mile off. Just hold R2+RS down when you see them shoot. Or when they look like they are about to.

If you wait until they actually make contact you can still deny. But the window is tiny. I believe its a bonus for shooting from such a long range (as that is dangerous as hell)
Old 12-07-2017, 03:19 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
When someone shoots like that. Deny before they touch you and you'll get it. Or throw an uppercut or knee.

You can preemptively deny Takedowns, and a shot like that you see coming from a mile off. Just hold R2+RS down when you see them shoot. Or when they look like they are about to.

If you wait until they actually make contact you can still deny. But the window is tiny. I believe its a bonus for shooting from such a long range (as that is dangerous as hell)
How do you throw knees? I did it before then forgot the input
Old 12-07-2017, 05:28 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehFlame
How do you throw knees? I did it before then forgot the input
High Block + X or O. If the fighter has it (Barboza and T-Ferg do)

R2+L1+X/O for flying knee as well. Throw it standing still to do an intercept flying knee.
Took 5 matches, but I recreated the Barboza/Dariush KO, the canned animation looked silly as hell sadly, he flew backwards, despite being in a double leg shoot position and kneed with his head down, it should've dropped him moving forward or looked like the real thing IMO, But it felt good.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
When someone shoots like that. Deny before they touch you and you'll get it....
That's what I tried to do after the first one and it was still happening so I wasn't sure if I just wasn't as quick as I thought, or if I needed another input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2017, 07:08 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
That's what I tried to do after the first one and it was still happening so I wasn't sure if I just wasn't as quick as I thought, or if I needed another input.
no its not you ive been grappling on this game since ufc 1 i understand you need advantage to get a takedown but ive tested just standing still and going for double leg takedown and they are instantaneous single leg is fine its just double leg takedowns and the one that puts you in full mount. i know some people will get upset that i brought this up but i know its a bug and needs to be fixed all i ask is if the devs will test out the takedowns without momentum advantage will keep something off the list to patch on launch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »