Home

"Strike Recording" in practice mode is awesome!!!

This is a discussion on "Strike Recording" in practice mode is awesome!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: "Strike Recording" in practice mode is awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Wow, that's a use for this I never considered.

This is going to be a crazy training tool for people who put in the time.
Exactly, If I can get this going right, hopefully I will feel like Anderson Silva did against Forrest Griffin.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #18
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Wow, that's a use for this I never considered.

This is going to be a crazy training tool for people who put in the time.
Yup. This is a really good addition for training and labbing stuff. It's going to help you find ways to combat cheese.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
This mode was actually my pet-project during development. I proposed the idea during UFC 2 but it got cut due to resources, so for UFC 3 I built it mostly on my own time and it got cut not once, not twice, but three different times! Was a bit of a roller-coaster, but I really wanted to get it in so I kept working at it anyways when I could.

I'm really glad it's turned into something actually useful that people can leverage to get better at the game. The game changers have also been using it to show us a bunch of bugs in the striking which is super good.

As for grappling, you can record clinch attempts and takedowns, but as soon as the fighters actually connect the recording will stop there. So, you can definitely practice the AI throwing a combo followed by a single or double leg, or even an imanari roll!

Two changes that have gone in post-beta is that the AI will perform the exact takedown you recorded (random in the beta), and the AI will correctly record and playback blocks.

Hope you continue to enjoy it!
It would be cool if we could train an AI character with our tendencies, and then have my AI guy fight another person's.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #20
Pro

I was trying to record and replay running jabs in practice mode with no luck.

Anyone figure out how to get it to work or know why It wasn't? I would move in and out of different ranges but never got the strike to show up, the fighter would just use normal movement with regular jabs.

I also tried to record just the running movement and it wouldn't replay so I assumed the recording/playback just didn't record movement making it impossible to replay strikes that were modified by movement.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:11 PM   #21
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Cool_Ice
It would be cool if we could train an AI character with our tendencies, and then have my AI guy fight another person's.
You, sir, have read my mind. Given the time and resources, this is in-fact my goal with all of this. The recording mode is simply the first step to hopefully a much larger feature.

I think it would be really cool if we could train AI's and have them available both offline and online. Build your own team of fighters and have them compete...ahh one can dream.

However, the amount of tuning and data that goes into making a proper AI is far larger than this mode supplies, and in fact the technology behind this mode is not used at all in the current AI, but was heavily so in UFC 2.

Perhaps this dream will live on in the future, but through some other tools.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 07:13 PM   #22
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
I was trying to record and replay running jabs in practice mode with no luck.

Anyone figure out how to get it to work or know why It wasn't? I would move in and out of different ranges but never got the strike to show up, the fighter would just use normal movement with regular jabs.

I also tried to record just the running movement and it wouldn't replay so I assumed the recording/playback just didn't record movement making it impossible to replay strikes that were modified by movement.

Interesting find. This is likely due to how the AI is recording and playing back the lunge, which is not properly triggering the run itself. I'll have to look into it, but you're likely right in that it won't currently work in the beta.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:13 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Features like this are why "cheese" typically doesn't exist in 2D fighting games (though there are exceptions) - because there are usually tools to break down exactly what an opponent can use against you (down to the frame) and how you can counter it.

It's a fantastic addition to any fighting game.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:29 PM   #24
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
You, sir, have read my mind. Given the time and resources, this is in-fact my goal with all of this. The recording mode is simply the first step to hopefully a much larger feature.

I think it would be really cool if we could train AI's and have them available both offline and online. Build your own team of fighters and have them compete...ahh one can dream.

However, the amount of tuning and data that goes into making a proper AI is far larger than this mode supplies, and in fact the technology behind this mode is not used at all in the current AI, but was heavily so in UFC 2.

Perhaps this dream will live on in the future, but through some other tools.
I thought something like that would be dope. Something similar to the "drivatar" thing in Forza.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »