Home

GPD... The controls...

This is a discussion on GPD... The controls... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: GPD... The controls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
It's not that I'm forgetting which buttons to press. It's that it's physically difficult to press them all at the same time. My fingers are thin.

Practice doesn't hurt but I'm pretty sure I'll always have difficulty.
Break your fingers/thumbs, they'll swell up and you'll be able to press all the buttons easily. Problem solved!

/s
Old 12-07-2017, 03:21 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
It's not that I'm forgetting which buttons to press. It's that it's physically difficult to press them all at the same time. My fingers are thin.

Practice doesn't hurt but I'm pretty sure I'll always have difficulty.
Muscle memory will get better, things will come easier.
Trust me
Old 12-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #19
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Icon7 Re: GPD... The controls...

Honestly i thing the controls are a bit better in this game it makes some combos much easier to do
Old 12-07-2017, 07:06 PM   #20
Rookie

Allzo's Arena

Glad to see others having the same issue with the push kick. I honestly considered buying a new controller ahead of UFC3 as I thought it may have been an issue with that.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:18 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Break your fingers/thumbs, they'll swell up and you'll be able to press all the buttons easily. Problem solved!

/s
Just don't break your knuckles, that doesn't help at all :P.

In all seriousness though, I had trouble on push kicks too.
But mostly the controls grew on me massively. I'm currently playing UD3 and the fact you have to completely stop moving to throw a jab is infuriating.
I love jab-leg kick as a general combo so naturally UFC blew my mind with the proper ability to stick and move, I found the control concessions were worth being able to throw any strike fluidly in the direction your moving.

Its kinda jarring to go back to striking without it.
I foresee a lot of FNC until Jan. 30th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 09:14 AM   #22
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
The more generous it is on double face buttons, the more input lag you'd see on any other strike, I'd imagine.
Correct.

The last thing you want is to try to throw a jab, right straight, rear leg kick combo with Barboza and have a jab > right uppercut come out.

Some suggestions:

- Practice. You'll get it eventually. I played the Tekken games on the original Playstation for years and used the normal controller. Square + X and Triangle + O were how you did throws, so I just got good at hitting both buttons at the same time with my thumb. You had to master this if you wanted to be remotely good with a character like King.

- PS4 allows you to remap the controller buttons any way you want. I'm not sure if Xbox has this, but as a kind of disability-friendly feature, the PS4 allows you to map buttons any way you want. So let's say you want left punch, right punch, left kick, right kick to be mapped to the shoulder buttons... you can do that. Just be aware that these remaps carry over to the front end menus, so if you used the above config, your L2 would now function as your X to proceed, etc. If anyone uses this config, let me know. I'm curious how it will work for people.

Last edited by ZombieRommel; 12-08-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:26 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
Correct.

The last thing you want is to try to throw a jab, right straight, rear leg kick combo with Barboza and have a jab > right uppercut come out.

Some suggestions:

- Practice. You'll get it eventually. I played the Tekken games on the original Playstation for years and used the normal controller. Square + X and Triangle + O were how you did throws, so I just got good at hitting both buttons at the same time with my thumb. You had to master this if you wanted to be remotely good with a character like King.

- PS4 allows you to remap the controller buttons any way you want. I'm not sure if Xbox has this, but as a kind of disability-friendly feature, the PS4 allows you to map buttons any way you want. So let's say you want left punch, right punch, left kick, right kick to be mapped to the shoulder buttons... you can do that. Just be aware that these remaps carry over to the front end menus, so if you used the above config, your L2 would now function as your X to proceed, etc. If anyone uses this config, let me know. I'm curious how it will work for people.
Does the PS4 remapping apply to games too? I thought it was just the menu, but I've never properly tested it so I can't be sure.

I normally suck absolute butt at games like street fighter and tekken due to crazy.control schemes, I just forget, but not with UFC oddly, once I knew what input gave which strike it just stuck. I occasionally had trouble loading up Pettis' jab-push kick hard combo, and laggy matches turned uppercuts into leg kicks occasionally.

But I dunno, I got used to em quick and really liked them once I did, I have big hands and am left handed, so maybe that helps me? I used to have trouble with R1+R2 blocks but.R2+L2 combo.works great for me. I have a hard time queueing up overhands.

Body jab-overhand-lead high kick was my go to finisher with Pettis, but half the time I'd pop out a jab-rear hook-lead HK, but that worked too so who am I to complain lol.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:30 PM   #24
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

I’d like to see a video of the controller for sum1 throwing a 4-5 strike combo. Like how fast are you pressing the buttons

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »