Home

Stamina question for a developer or GC

This is a discussion on Stamina question for a developer or GC within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2017, 10:08 AM   #17
MVP

Yaari's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stamina question for a developer or GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
As far as sim stamina goes, I'd love to see it in ranked, but I know people would bitch. We should be able to toggle it on or off in quick matches at the very least, though.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
It would be so awesome if ranked was just a realistic representation of the sport. No bars, proper stamina system.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:14 AM   #18
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
I want to say Jazz (TallUnlimited) was entertaining this idea, but I don't know what he decided. Maybe tweet him and ask?
Yeah I will today, thanks. GPD seems to no give a F about answering anything that concerns the meters. I hope it's not because of his favoritism towards a certain GC.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:17 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
It would be so awesome if ranked was just a realistic representation of the sport. No bars, proper stamina system.
Never gonna happen

We’re the minority and the game has to cater to the masses.

The thing is a good Mma game should reward realistic play with realistic mechanics. If this game is realistic it could end up turning EA UFC fans into MMA fans and building a larger/more loyal fanbase. Instead they wanna cater to the crowd that’ll play any fighting games.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:21 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
Yeah I will today, thanks. GPD seems to no give a F about answering anything that concerns the meters. I hope it's not because of his favoritism towards a certain GC.

Not cool. I think this Dev team is amazing and doing an overall great job. But EA’s greedy *** wastes resources on money grabbing mode. And the UFC wants control over ratings/movesets.

GPD has been pretty transparent about a lot of things and we should be thanful this dude has been transforming this game from what it was in EA UFC 1.

I hope we eventually get the opportunity to vote in new gamechangers. I think a couple of them are steering things in the wrong direction. Someone like Haz and that Sugata dude should be GCs
Old 12-08-2017, 10:26 AM   #21
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Not cool. I think this Dev team is amazing and doing an overall great job. But EA’s greedy *** wastes resources on money grabbing mode. And the UFC wants control over ratings/movesets.

GPD has been pretty transparent about a lot of things and we should be thanful this dude has been transforming this game from what it was in EA UFC 1.

I hope we eventually get the opportunity to vote in new gamechangers. I think a couple of them are steering things in the wrong direction. Someone like Haz and that Sugata dude should be GCs
It was a tongue in cheek post, asking for a answer concerning the meters. The smiley winking (or raising a eyebrow as it seems now that I take a better look) is me not being serious.

You're the one not being cool asking for new gamechangers imo. But if there was to be any new voting for Gamechangers, I would put myself out there, though seeing how my expertise would be in striking and that MartialMind seems to have a big youtube fanbase that gobbles up everything that he says, there's zero chance that it would actually happen. lol I'd be gaddamn honored to help those devs though with anything that I could possibly bring to the table.

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 12-08-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 10:29 AM   #22
Banned

My bad

Im on mobile and cant make out any of the emojis
Old 12-08-2017, 11:26 AM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Never gonna happen

We’re the minority and the game has to cater to the masses.

The thing is a good Mma game should reward realistic play with realistic mechanics. If this game is realistic it could end up turning EA UFC fans into MMA fans and building a larger/more loyal fanbase. Instead they wanna cater to the crowd that’ll play any fighting games.
I see similar statements like this all the time on OS and it makes me realize that this community (and sometimes myself) fail to see the big picture.

For example, lets say you are the executive producer of this game:

You just acknowledged that sports sim gamers are the minority. I'll take that a step further and say that this community cannot on its own support this game and reach enough sales to make it successful in EA's eyes. They need the "masses" in order to make this game successful and to guarantee that you keep your job.

So do you take a chance and make the game uber realistic knowing that there is a chance that the casual crowd (the majority) may hate it and not buy the game? Do you move the crowd toward an arcade feel knowing that the hardcore fans will be vocal and laud about the direction the game is taking? Do you do what the devs seem to be doing in taking small steps toward pushing the game sim but not completely committing to it?

Keep in mind, this is your job. If you are wrong and sales drop...you probably will be on the unemployment line.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

Here is one thing to keep in mind. Just because someone is vocal on the forums about issues doesnt mean they will be just as vocal behind the scenes. Its easy as hell to post in every thread complaints about the game when you dont know.

I'll give you an example: When I became a GC, I had two goals: Get Sliders and Universe mode added to the game. That was it. I've been talking to Skynet about sliders since 2015 to the point where during UFC 3's development I was constantly bugging him about adding them. Thankfully, he worked hard and added them.

Universe mode is a different beast. I have been very vocal about them adding this for years. During the first event for UFC 2, I mapped out a universe mode for the devs and how it would work. They responded by showing me exactly how difficult, time consuming and expensive it could be for UFC 2. I was hoping they would add it for UFC 3 but they wanted to focus on Career mode (which from what I've seen is really good). I wasnt happy about it. I explained to them why Universe mode was a better thing to focus on. They disagreed and we all moved on.

In the end, its the devs call. There isnt much I can do about it other than keep advocating for it.

One other thing is you have to come with solutions not just complaints. Sugata is great at doing that on the forums. The problem for him is that he's in Russia and that may complicate his ability to come to the Events. Not impossible (Solid lives in Brazil but he makes it to every event) but hard.

Others are great at identifying a problem and saying "Fix it!" but they arent great at presenting solutions or identifying workarounds given the current system. Going behind the scenes and ordering devs to change or fix something isnt exactly the best way to work with that team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »