Home

Stamina question for a developer or GC

This is a discussion on Stamina question for a developer or GC within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2017, 12:42 AM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Stamina question for a developer or GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
The majority of us are customers, we aren't game designers and know little to nothing about it. Go into any business, and you will realize a paying customer does not want to hear excuses (whether they are justifable or not).

Like my biggest complaint with UFC 3 is what I saw of CAF mode. It looks almost exactly the same as UFC 2. This is purely from an aesthetic standpoint. So how am I supposed to tell them to fix that? All I can do is say it sucks and if that is your best effort, then you need to rethink some things, because every other sports title on the market has a better CAF(P)(W) than you. Martial Mind released a video about it 9 months ago, and all of the ways it could be improved, and he was spot-on about all of them. He doesn't have the expertise to improve it. I don't either. That's left to the people making this game.

It's like the trolls who keep posting that graphical comparison video. They're trolls....but they're not wrong. And you basically feed them that ammo by reusing presentation elements from UFC 2. That was always going to come across as looking lazy. Are we supposed to tell the devs how to make that better as if we went to animation school? Because I think the only thing you can do is point out that it looks stupid and dated and lazy that you're reusing fighter entrances from three years ago. Yet when you say things like that the answer is always "No one is buying the game for that" "People just skip those anyways" which is being ignorant, in my opinion. It's about making the game look NEW and DIFFERENT from its predecessor(s).

I fully agree that if your solution to anything is "Do what Undisputed/FN did!" then you are being a bit unrealistic. And on top of that, if I wanted to play those games I would go play those games. The idea is to get BETTER. Not reuse game mechanics from a decade ago. It's just that those games offer a lot of visual reference for posters to point out something they dislike, by showing that these older games did certain things better than these newer games despite their technological limits back then.
I'll give it a shot:

- Add more hairstyles, facial hair and tattoos.
- Add a body modifier slider so we dont have to choose from set body types.
- Give us the ability to add a fighter's record to the game so everyone isnt a debut fighter.
- Allow us to choose the fighter's stance.
- Allow us to use the name of any roster fighter in the game so that Buffer and the announcer say my fighters name.

Thats just off the top of my head. Martial's expertise has nothing to do with it. In fact your opinions about CAF are needed so that the devs are aware that more people than just Martial have specific issues and solutions for CAF.

Regarding the presentation, they are trying to be true to life...which is what the majority of the people on the forum say they want. The UFC hasnt changed its PPV presentation in over 2 yrs so its hard to argue that the game should be just like real life and then bash EA for not changing from the real life presentation that the UFC uses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2017, 03:28 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think that at default (no slider changes) neither game is that sim. Now with slider (and sometimes attributes tweaks) you can make those games as sim as can be. Thats part of what frustrates me about the EA UFC series.

I dont expect the game to be that sim at release. But I do want the option to make it sim as possible through slider tweaks and roster changes.

Also confidence doesnt pay the bills. Like I said before, if you are wrong and there is a drop in sales...you likely lose your job. Try explaining to EA's shareholders that the game dropped from 1.2 million sales to 700k (just an example) simply because you decided to cater the game to the loud minority of players in your community.
My problem with sliders is that I can't use them online. If they had a preset Arcade/Sim sliders that could be used online like Undisputed 3, then maybe we would be on to something. But if in order to play online against other people, I need to use the default sliders, then there's no point in me purchasing the game, since they're obviously not trying to cater to the sim crowd with default settings.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:32 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

@aholbert32 this is kinda stamina related question,do the heavyweights move as slow as last year?
Old 12-09-2017, 08:47 AM   #44
Banned

Quote:
I'll give it a shot:

- Give us the ability to add a fighter's record to the game so everyone isnt a debut fighter.
- Allow us to use the name of any roster fighter in the game so that Buffer and the announcer say my fighters name.

Thats just off the top of my head. Martial's expertise has nothing to do with it. In fact your opinions about CAF are needed so that the devs are aware that more people than just Martial have specific issues and solutions for CAF.

Regarding the presentation, they are trying to be true to life...which is what the majority of the people on the forum say they want. The UFC hasnt changed its PPV presentation in over 2 yrs so its hard to argue that the game should be just like real life and then bash EA for not changing from the real life presentation that the UFC uses.
I have said these things. Like literally all of them. My point was, that's all I can do. You're saying to offer solutions, that's the only solution I can give. I'm a CAF/CAP guy, I contribute to OS Full Minors every year, being handed the keys to create and customize what you want in games is a truly fantastic thing. Most games have picked up on that at this point. It shouldn't need beat into devs heads.

The presentation is just a "fresh coat of paint" kind of thing. Change up the cameras. Change the walkouts. Change the pre-fight rituals. Change the glove touching (the two fighters standing there bouncing is so f'ing generic-looking). Change the post-fight (which they very slightly did in the beta). Give us the option to choose how our fighter celebrates, what they're wearing when they do (why does everyone wear generic UFC/Reebok shirts after a fight? Few people do this in real life), etc. Make it so the experience isn't bland outside of when you're fighting. It's stuff that is easy to write off as no one caring about it, when the reason isn't because no one cares about it, it's because it's generic and sucks so they have no reason to care about it.

And again, these are all things I or others have said in the past.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:49 AM   #45
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
I'll give it a shot:

You talk as if what Martialmind says hasn't been said by anyone else. Maybe he should change the matter he says things in his YT videos (that I don't personally watch, so maybe he does already) from "in my opinion" to "in most of the community's opinion that I've seen" if what he said has already been said countless times.

I know for one thing his take on striking when he comes on here has been said numerous times already by many members, so I can't be too wrong about that.

Those solutions you ask, most have given alternatives as to how to fix them, and even giving your opinion in a matter such as "this sucks, these animations sucks" or making a comparaison to a previous game, should be taken note of. I'm sure developpers can think for themselves as to why the community think so, and I'm sure they can do some research for themselves also.
Hell why not ask those questions themselves (why do you think so?) instead of making us go on a rant and go in such and such details if we think they either arn't reading or if your posts just gets buried under countless other posts? It's tiresome to repeat the same **** over and over again, when even though you're asking the question, most of them you don't get answers, explanations or questions for.

Hell, those questions about the meters being hidden from opponents, how long do you think we've been asking for that? How long have we been asking why it isn't in already, or if it's being talked about and what are the chances for it being in? Let's just say that people might think that some of the things being said are falling on deaf ears compared to other stuff talked about.

Is it due to them not having made a decision yet about it? Are they waiting for a petition? Are the developpers divised on the subject? Why? Truth is, we simply don't know what's going on on a subject we've discussed for year. Let's just say that for devs that seperate themselves from the mass by being open as much with their community, it's weird af that the devs arn't more open about it.

Honestly I'm just ranting now cause I want a gaddamn answer on those ****ing meters. But it goes for everything else also.

Hell, having game changers might have seperated the community even more so, now that it seems some gamechangers just speak for themselves and await confirmation from others for if they think like them instead of appropriately acting like someone that is part of the community and going for a conscensus of whats being talked and criticized about.

I could go on and on, but again, who the ****'s reading?

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 12-09-2017 at 09:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2017, 09:55 AM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
I have said these things. Like literally all of them. My point was, that's all I can do. You're saying to offer solutions, that's the only solution I can give. I'm a CAF/CAP guy, I contribute to OS Full Minors every year, being handed the keys to create and customize what you want in games is a truly fantastic thing. Most games have picked up on that at this point. It shouldn't need beat into devs heads.

The presentation is just a "fresh coat of paint" kind of thing. Change up the cameras. Change the walkouts. Change the pre-fight rituals. Change the glove touching (the two fighters standing there bouncing is so f'ing generic-looking). Change the post-fight (which they very slightly did in the beta). Give us the option to choose how our fighter celebrates, what they're wearing when they do (why does everyone wear generic UFC/Reebok shirts after a fight? Few people do this in real life), etc. Make it so the experience isn't bland outside of when you're fighting. It's stuff that is easy to write off as no one caring about it, when the reason isn't because no one cares about it, it's because it's generic and sucks so they have no reason to care about it.

And again, these are all things I or others have said in the past.
Yes you should. Also, this contridicts what you said earlier a bit because you said "how am I supposed to tell them how to fix that?" and now you are saying that in the past you've told them how to fix it. If thats true, than youve done all you can do. What you can do after that is follow up on the request and continue to post about it going forward.

If I was a dev and I read this site, I wouldnt know that lack of CAF changes was a BIG deal (I'm not saying that it isnt because I agree with you that it is)because there are so few posts about it and the ones that are made quickly fall off the first few pages. As a counter to that, the issue with the merged speed and power stats has been on the front page of this forum for a week.

I've been on this damn site for 15 years. There isnt a single request that I've had that has been as simple as "post a few times and then the devs do it". Its not just an EA thing. Its 2k and their WWE and NBA series. Its Konami with PES. You have to push in order to get what you want.

Re: Presentation. UFC 3 gives you 3 new cameras (some hate them but you cant claim they didnt try to improve them.). The walkout animations are different for some fighters. You cant shoot walkouts different if you want a true to life UFC presentation. The last game had 7 different glove touch scenes and I wouldnt be shocked if they added more.

The other stuff isnt presentation...its options. I agree that we should have more options when it comes to editing what roster fighters do but for some reason that has never appeared in a UFC game. No UFC game has ever allowed roster editing in any way.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #47
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Yes you should. Also, this contridicts what you said earlier a bit because you said "how am I supposed to tell them how to fix that?" and now you are saying that in the past you've told them how to fix it. If thats true, than youve done all you can do. What you can do after that is follow up on the request and continue to post about it going forward.

If I was a dev and I read this site, I wouldnt know that lack of CAF changes was a BIG deal (I'm not saying that it isnt because I agree with you that it is)because there are so few posts about it and the ones that are made quickly fall off the first few pages. As a counter to that, the issue with the merged speed and power stats has been on the front page of this forum for a week.

I've been on this damn site for 15 years. There isnt a single request that I've had that has been as simple as "post a few times and then the devs do it". Its not just an EA thing. Its 2k and their WWE and NBA series. Its Konami with PES. You have to push in order to get what you want.

Re: Presentation. UFC 3 gives you 3 new cameras (some hate them but you cant claim they didnt try to improve them.). The walkout animations are different for some fighters. You cant shoot walkouts different if you want a true to life UFC presentation. The last game had 7 different glove touch scenes and I wouldnt be shocked if they added more.

The other stuff isnt presentation...its options. I agree that we should have more options when it comes to editing what roster fighters do but for some reason that has never appeared in a UFC game. No UFC game has ever allowed roster editing in any way.
There was a official forum before this where discussions was done too. You might be amiss of those since you were on here, and not there.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:09 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:

I'm "contradicting" nothing. You said that we offer complaints but not solutions. I said outside of pointing out something that sucks and why you don't like it, what solution are you supposed to have, as a customer? We're not making the game. People have posted about CAF before on here. As the guy who posted after me said, when you're met with silence on the subject you're eventually just going to chalk it up to laziness or they don't care enough to change it. And that's pretty much where I am with it.

There's always going to be more popular problems with this game than CAF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »