Home

What is being changed in the submissions?

This is a discussion on What is being changed in the submissions? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2017, 02:07 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What is being changed in the submissions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
That's what the first few gates are, transitioning and setting up the sub. The first 4 of the 5 gates in the arm bar are all transitioning gates.
This quite true, I like how the RNCs now look like your working for the neck now and not alternating from Neck Cranks to modified RNCs to a traditional RNC, now you just work the body triangle and the neck in that or the opposite order given the position.

I still want butterfly or high guard though lol, just as long as its not as brutal as rubber haha.

Anyone else kinda wanna see varations on the HG, FG, Side and mount animations? Like, have various different half guard static animations, the one in two look really weird to me, like the guy on top was just resting his hands on the opponent, as oppossed to trying to hold the position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2017, 10:55 AM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
That's what the first few gates are, transitioning and setting up the sub. The first 4 of the 5 gates in the arm bar are all transitioning gates.
Tbh that should all bet actual transitions

Dont think I even noticed since the mini game takes over the screen
Old 12-10-2017, 11:34 AM   #27
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Tbh that should all bet actual transitions

Dont think I even noticed since the mini game takes over the screen
I didn't even really notice it either until I watched this clip a couple of weeks ago.

I think it's a good system for transitioning into sub position, but not for the actual submission. In most cases, the actual submission battle is actually only lasting 4 seconds every single time, unlike with a sub system like EA MMA which could be just a few seconds or over 30 seconds.

Those long sub battles in EA MMA would also effect your stamina too and you could to take short breaks from trying to find that sweet but of course it could open up the escape for your opponent or as the subbed player it opens up their ability to lock it in tighter. Awww do I hope to see that sub system back.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:38 PM   #28
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Last stage = UFC 2 strategy.

Other gates = something else.

It is more varied.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:52 PM   #29
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I like old system better from offensive and defensive standpoint.

That said, since Princess Geoffrey already gave interview on subs I imagine there is no way it will change.

Anyone know of part 2 of that interview dropped?
Old 12-10-2017, 01:55 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Last stage = UFC 2 strategy.

Other gates = something else.

It is more varied.
The "something else" is shallow. The overall defense strategy feels less depth. On paper, I know it would appear to be more variables, but it doesn't play out like that due to the lack of timing in every gate except the last. It is cookie cutter.

I know it's not changing. I will make whatever they give me work. I'm just expressing my opinion that the overall balance from a competitive stand point really feels shallow here.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
The "something else" is shallow. The overall defense strategy feels less depth. On paper, I know it would appear to be more variables, but it doesn't play out like that due to the lack of timing in every gate except the last. It is cookie cutter.

I know it's not changing. I will make whatever they give me work. I'm just expressing my opinion that the overall balance from a competitive stand point really feels shallow here.
This guy has his mind made up. We can see his side of the argument, but he can't see ours for whatever reason. Human nature most likely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2017, 02:14 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
This guy has his mind made up. We can see his side of the argument, but he can't see ours for whatever reason. Human nature most likely.
I see your side just fine. I've gave a specific point that mixing up timing is no longer a big part of it. I'm telling you what I feel. That feeling lacks that "get inside your opponent's head" depth it had before. Take it for what it's worth. I'm not here to bash.

ps: I haven't made my mind up at all. I'm all ears. Anything regarding the timing or how the system plays itself out the first few gates?

Last edited by Evil97; 12-10-2017 at 02:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »