Home

prohibit game changers from lecs

This is a discussion on prohibit game changers from lecs within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2017, 03:29 PM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: prohibit game changers from lecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
Tbh the best grapplers will be at the top of the leaderboards as there is no danger of a one strike KO.

I wouldn’t say that necessarily. There is a lot of vulnerability when shooting for takedowns or missing clinch attempts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-13-2017, 03:33 PM   #34
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0

It has nothing to do with having extra time to practice.. That's literally not the argument i'm making at all..

It's the principal of it; that having influence on the development of the game, in context of a future tournament with money on the line, is a direct Conflict of Interest.

Is Kinetic making suggestions to the Devs to make a better MMA game? Or are his suggestions rooted in catering mechanics to his playstyle to win $10,000 a few months down the road in the Tournament?

There is a reason why pro players in other competitive games, after being brought in for design and balance help are not allowed to compete for a set amount of time after. And it's because of Conflict of Interest.

It has nothing to do with having an extra few days to practice.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-13-2017, 03:39 PM   #35
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
It has nothing to do with having extra time to practice.. That's literally not the argument i'm making at all..

It's the principal of it; that having influence on the development of the game, in context of a future tournament with money on the line, is a direct Conflict of Interest.

Is Kinetic making suggestions to the Devs to make a better MMA game? Or are his suggestions rooted in catering mechanics to his playstyle to win $10,000 a few months down the road in the Tournament?

There is a reason why pro players in other competitive games, after being brought in for design and balance help are not allowed to compete for a set amount of time after. And it's because of Conflict of Interest.

I get what you are saying, if they had a LEC straight away someone like kentic will have a big advantage to dominate and be top.

However if they give the players a few months to dissect the game before they put on the event, it should even out the playing field as everyone will be used to how the game works and the little things that can make a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #36
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
I get what you are saying, if they had a LEC straight away someone like kentic will have a big advantage to dominate and be top.

However if they give the players a few months to dissect the game before they put on the event, it should even out the playing field as everyone will be used to how the game works and the little things that can make a difference.
It has nothing to do with time to play......

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-13-2017, 05:35 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____

Lets play this out:

Kenetic has a faster and more aggressive standup play style than most so for the sake of arguing lets say all of his suggestions are focused on making that play style the best path to win.

First, he would have to convince the other Gamechangers that his suggestions were best for the game. There isnt a single suggestion that a gamechanger has presented that has been implemented in the game without the large majority of gamechangers agreeing to it. Anyone who knows me or Martial knows that at the minimum we would be against the play style he would hypothetically be suggesting.

Second, he would have to convince the devs that his suggestions were best for the game. Which isnt an easy task. Its not as simple as talking to GPD. GPD would then talk to the dev team about the suggestion and they would make a decision from there.

If Kenetic's or anyone's suggestion is good for the game, I dont have a problem with it even if does help them succeed in an LEC. My point is there are significant hurdles in place to make sure that any suggestion isnt just for self interest.

Now if you are talking about the appearance of influence or perceived influence, that could be an issue but it doesnt appear to me that EA gives a **** about that. Especially when so few people complained about it during last year's LEC.

Zack was in the LEC semis because he's good at the game and was willing to grind for days to get the wins he needed. I have a feeling that he and Kenetic will likely do the same if there is another LEC.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:06 PM   #38
MVP

This thread is a joke right? We are all playing the same game. Get good for crying out loud.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:11 PM   #39
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
This thread is a joke right? We are all playing the same game. Get good for crying out loud.
completely agree.Way too many cry babies in other games don`t start bringing them into this game too.take your *** whooping like a man if someone is better at the game that`s because they took the time too learn the mechanics.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:23 PM   #40
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I see where you're coming from Haz

IMO if the GCers had 24/7 access to the Beta Build (and Beyond) for 3+ months before the rest of us --- and the LEC was a month after launch --- that's an issue.

But it seems they only get a slight amount of 'extra' time with it --- a few dozen hours? --- and yes, they may try to tilt the Devs to lean a certain way based on their playstyle, but not sure if that makes an extremely material difference.

Also, there are 5 or 6 GCers so you'd have to assume each would be trying to 'tilt the table' in their personal direction --- which may end up making the whole thing a push

i.e. if Kinetic pushes hard for one thing that benefits him; Zhunter pushes for something that's nearly the opposite --- probably will be a wash in the end.

So overall, I get where you're coming from. But for this specific circumstance, I had no problem at all w/ GCers getting into the action.

If it was a $100k tournament though.....
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »