Home

Single parries as animations ONLY

This is a discussion on Single parries as animations ONLY within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2017, 05:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Single parries as animations ONLY

The strikeing is good as it is
Old 12-10-2017, 06:07 PM   #10
Pro

Re: Single parries as animations ONLY

I like where your heads at, but honestly I don't even want to flirt with the idea of parrys being in UFC 3. To me parrys single-handedly killed UFC 2 stand-up. I know you're not asking for them to return in UFC 2 fashion, but the idea of them coming back at all makes my spine shiver.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:28 PM   #11
Banned

Perfect timed blocks only for straight punches but they shouldnt freeze the attacker. Only thing parries should do is not damage your guard
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2017, 05:36 PM   #12
MVP

Parrys are an essential tool in blocking strikes in both boxing and mma so removeing them is unrealistic. They looked horrendous on ufc 2 though as they are more to be used as a block then anything else. They should be readded but only for straight punches. The way they should work my opinion is either slapping away a jab or straight or maybe if the fighter has advanced boxing moveset/combos they should be able to shoulder roll. The affect of timing one should move your oppenets next punches off target and stop you most of the time from being lile 95% of the time but you can still be hit, this action can stop one two spammers.

If you miss time a parry however your block should be ineffective leaving you open to other punches, since faints are actually usable now if you bait someome to parry they can be caught now. An example of this is yuri mederios vs erick silva who fainted a jab which silva went to parry, silva got baited and then was hit with an overhand.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #13
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Let's not forget parries are used a lot against kicks to the body too, not just jabs.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:42 AM   #14
MVP

Yes i agree but i doubt people would want them in that way. The timed low blocked imo should be replaced with parry controls and the blocking buttons should be rb high and rt low .
Old 12-13-2017, 07:49 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Parrys are an essential tool in blocking strikes in both boxing and mma so removeing them is unrealistic. They looked horrendous on ufc 2 though as they are more to be used as a block then anything else. They should be readded but only for straight punches. The way they should work my opinion is either slapping away a jab or straight or maybe if the fighter has advanced boxing moveset/combos they should be able to shoulder roll. The affect of timing one should move your oppenets next punches off target and stop you most of the time from being lile 95% of the time but you can still be hit, this action can stop one two spammers.

If you miss time a parry however your block should be ineffective leaving you open to other punches, since faints are actually usable now if you bait someome to parry they can be caught now. An example of this is yuri mederios vs erick silva who fainted a jab which silva went to parry, silva got baited and then was hit with an overhand.

Pacquiao vs Mayweather is also a good example. That's how he rocked Mayweather in the 4th round.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #16
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Entertained
Pacquiao vs Mayweather is also a good example. That's how he rocked Mayweather in the 4th round.
Nah that just stunned him, but yh it was off a parry. That being said, only way I would be fine with them making a return is if they are realistic. The striking is in a great place now without them, but they are a realistic part of mma. As long as they are realistic (not freezing opponent,having proper risk,realistic openings, ect) I wouldn't care if they returned, but I definitely don't miss them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »