Home

Mount balance

This is a discussion on Mount balance within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Mount balance

I couldn't see/find an appropriate thread for this but I'm not sure people grappled much in the beta just want to leave a couple thoughts idea concerning the block/damage balance from mount and on the ground.

Basically at the moment from the beta full postured mount felt completely worthless as block was way too strong, I'm fine with a strong block but I'd like to see a way to break it same as standing.

My suggestion for this is to have different damage properties for strikes vs block.

Elbows should do the absolute most damage to a block and 2 should break it as they have the biggest wind up animaton and the biggest opportunity for your opponent to transition and or catch the elbow, it would also reward mixing up your mount strikes from straight hooks and elbows.
Youtube
Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2017, 01:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Mount balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaC
I couldn't see/find an appropriate thread for this but I'm not sure people grappled much in the beta just want to leave a couple thoughts idea concerning the block/damage balance from mount and on the ground.

Basically at the moment from the beta full postured mount felt completely worthless as block was way too strong, I'm fine with a strong block but I'd like to see a way to break it same as standing.

My suggestion for this is to have different damage properties for strikes vs block.

Elbows should do the absolute most damage to a block and 2 should break it as they have the biggest wind up animaton and the biggest opportunity for your opponent to transition and or catch the elbow, it would also reward mixing up your mount strikes from straight hooks and elbows.
The best way is to just have a different blocking system altogether which makes blocking much more difficult and requires much more skill to be good at.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:33 PM   #3
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

I think the block has to be strong in full mount since there aren't a lot of other options like wrist control, leg hooks for the flexible BBJ practitioners, and swaying. Full mount hasn't been the death sentence it used to be lately for high level guys in the UFC. Most of your full mount finishes are happening late in rounds or after previously hurting the opponent. Otherwise it generally takes tons of strikes to end a fight in GNP, even in full mount. I think they have it pretty realistic, excluding the lack of defense or how it looks.

Ideally, I want those above defensive tactics available in-game along with maybe having to use low block and high block be adjusted to block the front and side of your face for hooks or straights raining down. THAT would make full mount a lot more realistic and better looking imo.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
I think the block has to be strong in full mount since there aren't a lot of other options like wrist control, leg hooks for the flexible BBJ practitioners, and swaying. Full mount hasn't been the death sentence it used to be lately for high level guys in the UFC. Most of your full mount finishes are happening late in rounds or after previously hurting the opponent. Otherwise it generally takes tons of strikes to end a fight in GNP, even in full mount. I think they have it pretty realistic, excluding the lack of defense or how it looks.

Ideally, I want those above defensive tactics available in-game along with maybe having to use low block and high block be adjusted to block the front and side of your face for hooks or straights raining down. THAT would make full mount a lot more realistic and better looking imo.
You just mentioned blocking the sides and front of your face. That's WAY more realistic because obviously in real life, attacks can come from all directions. The directional blocking system I've mentioned numerous times would be perfect. To give you an understanding of what it's like, think of FNR 3's parrying mechanic. Where you hold a button to initiate the guard, and then flick the right stick in the direction of the strike to successfully parry. This is similar except you replace the parrying with blocking of course! Now, you will actually have to react to individual strikes so if someone's throwing a hook, uppercut, or straights they will actually matter.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:03 AM   #5
Pro

There are ways around the block it's the same with stand up as well. Block is strong I agree. But from what I found mixing it up is the most Devistating gnp because the block animation can be interrupted if you land a few shots.

Landed strikes also interrupt transitions. So without ground sways they had no choice but to make block stronger. Especially now that arm traps are harder to pull off.

Me personally I wish EA UFC had a better posture system, If EA UFC 3 had the representation that UFC Undisputed had for posturing GnP would feel much better.

I would set my opponent up with a set of short elbows from low posture position, and body shots, then go to high posture for a set of strikes.

The new Blocking system it will take some adjustments to get used to but this new way will prevent people from feeling like they were cheated out because someone blocked all their transitions, and kept striking until their arms turned red on the paper doll as it was in EA UFC 2.

Because of this new blocking Ground TKO's need to return that way people can't just survive through every thing without the threat of the ref stopping the fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »