Home

I'm Still Playing Beta --- Here's Some More Feedback

This is a discussion on I'm Still Playing Beta --- Here's Some More Feedback within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2017, 03:55 PM   #17
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I'm Still Playing Beta --- Here's Some More Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
They don't actually count to the next round, that is simply the stats screen displaying the wrong info. However, it has been fixed post-beta.

I've never heard of or seen someone get KO'd after the bell, so will have to pass that along to QA to look into. Thanks for the tip!

To be clear, the stats applying to the wrong round in the pause menu was fixed, nothing else changed in regards to this issue as of yet, that I know of.
Awesome thanks for the note!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat113
Boiler569 more power to you for still being able to play the Beta as I was also able to play a week after it ended until my 16 year old Lab knocked the plug out and disconnected me from the server! Not being a gamer or tech savy I had no idea why I was still able to play against the AI. The only game on my Xbox is UFC-2 and once connected to the Beta I never left it.Getting hooked on a video game the last 2 years at 53 was something that never crossed my mind lol but there are still a load of guys connected including all the guys with Youtube channels and elite players. I honestly couldn't go back to UFC-2 as there is nothing to accomplish there and I even called EA since it says "Connection to EA server is required" but got some employee I knew couldn't do anything or didn't want to lol.My gripe is that I already purchased UFC-3 the day it was offered and though not crazy about some of the finger twisting you have to do for certain strikes (which I hope some are simplified) I was starting to get comfortable with the game. My whole point is that why can't EA get in the holiday spirit and for players who already purchased the game and need a connection back to the server DO THE RIGHT THING! Because I just couldn't go back to UFC-2 after playing 3!
DO THE RIGHT THING hahhaa

My Beta Instance is still running, I've put about 6 hours of sparring into it in practice mode as Alvarez vs. Conor ---- Health On but Stamina Off to get used to fighting at the quickest speed.

I've been lucky so far i haven't had a power outage or obviously a game crash lol knock on wood

to be honest when I get back from Xmas I may turn it off so I can play Battlefield 1 until UFC 3 launch LOL

I'm getting a little bored of practice mode all day....but I think my competitive streak will stop me from actually turning off the Beta, so who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
I didn't see the leaderboard, what was changed about it? Or is it the same?

It would be nice if ranked records show up as well. I wish it did that and also somehow tracker our fighter tendencies to display our strengths like it does for roster fighters during their walk in before entering the octagon.

UFC Undisputed did this in player matches and ranked matches and had different Strength stats for both modes to say things like.

Devistating In The Clinch
Excellent Takedown Defense
World Class Ground Game

Well Versed In Submissions
Finished Last 20 Fights Via Submission
Excellent Grappling Skills

World Class Striking
World Class Ground Game
Excellent Takedown Defense.

Stats like that being shown was cool to me especially when you see someone with stats for the type of fight you want.
The new algo which calculates Leaderboard Points and Ranking is awesome. It really rewards you for high quality wins (or punishes you for low quality losses). It's going to be a lot more about how well you fight, not how many fights you get in.

The leaderboard appearance looked the same for the most part. I definitely hope someday they will track many more metrics/variables --- and even do the types of things you were talking about!

But I'm just overall grateful they upgraded the leaderboard algo
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 12-22-2017, 10:05 AM   #18
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

My beta crashed yesterday.

The Long Winter has begun ---

Happy Holidays
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 12-26-2017, 07:42 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
My beta crashed yesterday.

The Long Winter has begun ---

Happy Holidays
Lucky sunuva, the long winter started a long time ago for most of us, even thought its stinkin' summer in Australia.

I am royal jelly none the less.

Happy Holidays :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »