Home

All official multiplayer modes

This is a discussion on All official multiplayer modes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2017, 12:11 AM   #25
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All official multiplayer modes

Sorry, but for the love of God keep it offline. Have tournaments or weekends were modes are available online.

Problem solved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2017, 02:54 AM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyonelover
Wait no offline tournament mode you got to be kidding me!
Might as well cancel my preorder now.... that’s absolutely ridiculous if they have it online why not off-line?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Quote:
It should be both!

Imagine being someone who has a full blown panic attack over something like this. Just imagine.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:17 AM   #27
MVP

W....wait... Where is the custom event mode?? Is it gone?? No!!
Old 12-16-2017, 04:38 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Please explain why it should only be online and take into account the marketing aspect for that? That’s about the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard!

First off all you destroy the MMA beuty . The striker vs grapppler aspect of the game will be gone. This game says "BUY" ME MMA FAN" if i see a strikeing only mode i will be disapointed. The striker dont have to press R2 down to block a takedown. He just goes to strike only mode. As i said last year for UFC 2 " I want to choke strikers, is it to much to ask?" BJ penn style
Grappler vs striker has that "wellcome to my world, helpless dude" and "man" i am in trouble in stand up , need to get him down" fealling
Old 12-16-2017, 04:42 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Sorry, but for the love of God keep it offline. Have tournaments or weekends were modes are available online.

Problem solved.
The picture of tournament mode says "Y sim fight" bottom right corner. Hopes lost?
Old 12-16-2017, 08:15 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
Yeah, because let's be frank here, if the other modes were to also be online, it would seriously impact the online community by seperating it way too much across the multiples modes.

Tournament or event would be the ideal online modes.
It wouldn't impact the online community in any negative way. It's not like people will be forced to play online with you. If the new modes aren't online I will just be buying the game used and less than half price and playing offline because the ground game is not fun.
I'm sure EA knows just how many rage quits, and uninstalls the ground game alone has caused. If anything having modes that allow players to play online without the grappling mini game will increase sales and the online player base.

Like someone else mentioned the new modes are useless without online multiplayer for a lot of us who just cant drop everything and set up gaming sessions with our friends.
There's no logical reason for the new modes to be offline at all, unless EA is just hoping more people end up in UT mode spending money to gamble on card packs. Probably not a great idea considering the whole lootbox thing everyone is angry about.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #31
MVP

Yaari's Arena

People also need to realize there are a group of people that are never going to like the grappling. Those aren't your potential opponents taken away if they add this as an online mode, those people are much more likely to quit the game within a month after release.

Holding back on these modes with online support should be a last resort, if the reasoning was actually fear of splitting up playerbase. Before that they should consider all the options. It's never worth holding back long term content for that reason. At the worst scenario make it a Play-a-Friend online type of thing.

All these fighting games have several multiplayer modes. Ranked,Unranked,King of the Hill, I dont even know all of them.

Anyway its more likely to be held back because they dont want invest in turning it into an online mode.

I dont need EA deciding for me which of their additional modes is a "couch" mode. Let me decide for myself what I want to play with my friends on the couch and what I can play online. Unacceptable reasoning if you ask me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2017, 11:23 AM   #32
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Not for nothing, but why'd they have to go and tarnish submission shootout mode by involving ground and pound?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »