Home

All official multiplayer modes

This is a discussion on All official multiplayer modes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2017, 03:45 PM   #49
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: All official multiplayer modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Not having it on the main page, having it among all the other banners like UT/Ranked/Quick match, is surely going to cause a problem. They could've made it a play a friend only thing, or even make a filter for it under Quick Match.

It would also really help if they'd add a instant rematch button to any match done in Quick Match. Since these matches don't count to the leaderboards, it will save time and make matchmaking easier when people can play the same person twice.

And like I said earlier, those people that suck at grappling will never continue playing until they get good at it. Well, maybe some will. Most of them will get annoyed with the game and stop, or they'll keep trying and might even send you hate messages for grappling.

EA has yet to come out with a new Fight Night game. This is hardly a substiute for it, but it would have given people an option at trying something they might like, at the very least. I was so happy to hear EA wasn't going to stick to the regular rules and put in a striking only mode, doubling down by recording SnoopCast commentary for it even. And now what, who really gets to play this mode now? Let's be honest.
Plenty of people. What people on the forums forget is that the majority of people who play this game are offline gamers. They play with friends. They play with family. Online gamers are a growing community but they arent the majority yet.

Here's an example: I throw house parties for pretty much every major UFC PPV. Around UFC 2's release, I had one and I showed people the game. This was a group of UFC fans who werent hardcore gamers. I didnt show them the regular modes. I showed them KO mode and they loved it. Many of them bought the game simply because of that mode.

Here is a hard reality. The devs care about the games longevity but i dont think EA as a corporation cares. It doesnt benefit them financially if you are playing the game online 7 mos from now. It benefits them if they have modes that offline casual fans can play and enjoy even if they only enjoy it for 2 months.

As for your ideas, the friends only option could work but I think people would still complain about it not being accessible enough. As for a filter, it still presents the same issue as before. People like me will just play quick match with the filter and not play the full sport.
Old 12-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats not true. I find grappling fun. I enjoy this system better than any other grappling system I've ever played. I'm just not good at it and many others are good at it. So I'm at a handicap when I play online. So if I have a choice at playing a mode that focuses on the aspect that I am good at (striking) vs the one I'm not, I'm going to choose the former.
Well I don't. I absolutely hate it, will not bother with this game online because of it, so your player base is already smaller.

I thought UFC 2 was bad but the ground game was worse in the Beta for 3. It's still a quicktime event where things like weight and stamina, referee stand up do not even come close to feeling real, but now its not even an option to escape on the first gate of a submission attempt against a player with half a brain.
Old 12-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #51
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
W....wait... Where is the custom event mode?? Is it gone?? No!!
I saw the custom event option grayed out in the beta. It's in the game

PSN: TreJay2000
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #52
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Plenty of people. What people on the forums forget is that the majority of people who play this game are offline gamers. They play with friends. They play with family. Online gamers are a growing community but they arent the majority yet.

Here's an example: I throw house parties for pretty much every major UFC PPV. Around UFC 2's release, I had one and I showed people the game. This was a group of UFC fans who werent hardcore gamers. I didnt show them the regular modes. I showed them KO mode and they loved it. Many of them bought the game simply because of that mode.

Here is a hard reality. The devs care about the games longevity but i dont think EA as a corporation cares. It doesnt benefit them financially if you are playing the game online 7 mos from now. It benefits them if they have modes that offline casual fans can play and enjoy even if they only enjoy it for 2 months.

As for your ideas, the friends only option could work but I think people would still complain about it not being accessible enough. As for a filter, it still presents the same issue as before. People like me will just play quick match with the filter and not play the full sport.
Yeah I hear you, my situation is different. All it comes down to is that I think it's just ridiculous that they didn't try. Really stupid.

Every single one of those modes could've made great time-limited events in UT too.

This means there's just the gameplay in EA UFC3, because there isn't going to be any way for me to enjoy these modes ever. Great.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:12 PM   #53
MVP

I wish it would be online, but that would require spectator mode. Might as well have fight cards back if that were the case, because you could build your own tourny within the fight card lobby. Oh the good old days.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:19 PM   #54
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Yeah I hear you, my situation is different. All it comes down to is that I think it's just ridiculous that they didn't try. Really stupid.

Every single one of those modes could've made great time-limited events in UT too.

This means there's just the gameplay in EA UFC3, because there isn't going to be any way for me to enjoy these modes ever. Great.
Keep pushing for it. If enough people make enough noise about it and there arent a ton of bugs to fix, I could see the devs considering making this change.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:27 PM   #55
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

These modes still being offline is inexcusable. The only excuse is that they didn't have time or found it too difficult or something.

This splitting the player base stuff is complete BS. Pls can we kill that? Thousands of people play the game. Having a couple of other modes isn't going to hurt.

MK had a tournament mode online. Other fighting games have different modes. UFC not having them because of the player base isn't an excuse. Can we just be honest and say they didn't get round to putting it in because they didn't deem it important enough?

It is important though. It'd actually keep players around too. The lack of options makes the game stale. Imagine all the players who don't play much (or stop altogether) because they don't like the grappling. They'd just play stand and bang instead. The tournament mode is my number 1 thing though. It'd be great to mix things up like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #56
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySpray
You forgot Practice Mode!
Online......

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »