Home

What scares me the most about this game

This is a discussion on What scares me the most about this game within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2017, 03:22 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What scares me the most about this game

I just don't want stamina to be so important that head/leg strikes are weak in comparison (I know all three are viable and in a very good state right now). It would suck if you took a bit of a beating to the body and become a walking punching bag. Gassed fighters should still be able to win
Old 12-20-2017, 04:18 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: What scares me the most about this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehFlame
I just don't want stamina to be so important that head/leg strikes are weak in comparison (I know all three are viable and in a very good state right now). It would suck if you took a bit of a beating to the body and become a walking punching bag. Gassed fighters should still be able to win
With the new stamina drain system, I suddenly don't mind the massive regen you get from taking a light round, in the beta, it didn't feel right, as there wasn't any slowdown.

But now, say you overdo yourself looking for a finish early in round 1 (real clock) and get to 50% stamina, but then take the rest of the round off because your feeling slow and getting tagged in exchanges.

Then you come out in rd 2 with 80% roughly, and your pace is quicker, you decide to spend the round working their body to even out the stamina a bit.

I'm excited personally, I think it'll add another nice layer of strategy and stop most fights devolving into slugfests once you stun eachother, I mean, that'll still happen, but now one fighter could totally play defensive and the stamina gain they'd get would actually mean something now, whereas in the beta, a stamina gap wasn't much of an issue if you lowered your combo output (ie. 4 punch strikes 100% stam. 3 punch 75%, 2-3-50% 1-2 under 40%) if you stuck to that kinda method you really did stay way too dangerous in the beta I think.

Now I think pacing yourself. Picking your shots, all that stuff becomes a lot more viable.
You can still swang an bang I'm sure. But I can see some epic back and forth 5 round wars being a thing now, huge early exchanges, few quiter mid rounds, firefight in the 5th.

Robbie Lawler wars for all haha.
And if leg kicks are the same as they were in the beta they'll still be a huge part of my game, now that there is movement slowdown I assume leg kicks will also slightly slow the opponent, so if notice people who don't check often ill definately be chopping them down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »