Home

Terrible UFC 3 Animations That Should Be Changed - MartialMind

This is a discussion on Terrible UFC 3 Animations That Should Be Changed - MartialMind within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Terrible UFC 3 Animations That Should Be Changed - MartialMind

https://gfycat.com/GoodnaturedUnkemptGalapagosalbatross

Now that is a good looking moving away hook

Haven't really looked into the kicking posts, but afaik Savate fighters tend to move & kick whereas Thai fighters place heavier emphasis on planting (for body shots especially).

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 12-19-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:35 AM   #34
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
Very well said sir. I completely agree.

Hope the gamedevs don’t incorporate all the changes called for by MartialMind in this vid; only the changes that make the game more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Lol This is interesting. The Gifs he posted actually supports my points in the video. Every gif posted there discredits his own points.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #35
Banned

Kasel's Arena

The problem is that there's no martial artist supervising/supporting the development of the game, and it causes the devs to put a lot of great effort, resources and hard work into something that isn't realistic to the sport. It's sad really.

They added a lot of stopping power which is great, but the animations don't portray the same thing.

For those here who aren't experienced in any martial art, believe me that if you tried to strike that way with no weight generation (striking is about generating weight into the area of attack, and that weight NEVER comes from a single leg, hand, knee or even elbow, each strike is basically a delivery of your body weight, or else the strike does close to zero damage AND leaves you vulnerable to high amounts of damage) and feet planting like martial mentioned, you will have no way of generating that weight into ANY type of strike.

This is basic striking knowledge folks, I'm not making anything up. The striking animations are terrible as always and it bums me out, but they're not as bad as before at least.

Here's how you fix this. Keep everything the way that it is because it'd be a shame to get rid of these smooth animations, but reduce the damage significantly. Have the same amount of damage as before when you stand still for around 0.30ms and throw a strike, and if possible, make better animations for those strikes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 12:15 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
Okay, I know I said "I concede" but I change my mind.... I don't.

Looking back at the "Gifs" posted here, they don't do a good job of countering my points at all and I wanna demonstrate that.

I made a video responding to the counter points in this thread.

I'll be 100% down to change my mind if someone can prove that fighters do INDEED throw body kicks while moving left and right like they do in the game without even a slight halt. I'd really like to see it.
Moving left and right in the game equates to circling...

You've never seen someone throw a body kick while circling?
Old 12-19-2017, 12:37 PM   #37
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Okay, I know I said "I concede" but I change my mind.... I don't.

Looking back at the "Gifs" posted here, they don't do a good job of countering my points at all and I wanna demonstrate that.

I made a video responding to the counter points in this thread.

I'll be 100% down to change my mind if someone can prove that fighters do INDEED throw body kicks while moving left and right like they do in the game without even a slight halt. I'd really like to see it.
The pettis one he steps diagonally right inbetween the two pauses you do in your video for him to follow Barboza while he's circling. It's a moving body kick, not a stationary kick. Use the mat and it's logo and their positions to get a good look at it.

The Max Holloway one, he already steps in diagonally with the lead hook to set up the middle kick. The momentum is what makes him recover that way, not stepping on Cubs foot.

And the Thomson one is the easiest one for me to see since he's already circling before throwing it, he doesn't stop he pushes with his back foot after taking a side step and steps in diagonally to throw it to stop diaz in his track since he's cutting the cage off of him. It is still a moving kick, not a statitionary one.

See in that video of yours where you throw one of those that actually hits (put it at half speed)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...qmuQQ#t=14m33s

You see that small step in he does before he throws it? It's done diagonally. It's not specifically how it is thrown that the animation should be better (tho it could be more compact), but how he recovers from it, it's a bit too exagerated. But still similar to how Holloway recovers from.

"Discrediting this, discrediting that".. Come'on now, kicks are thrown from moving positions all the time. Whenever someone steps in diagonally with a strike, he's already in a state where he's not stationary.

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 12-19-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:38 PM   #38
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEvil
Moving left and right in the game equates to circling...

You've never seen someone throw a body kick while circling?
Assume I am a complete novice, completely clueless about anything fight related and your task is to educate me on the various ways body/head kicks are thrown.

First class is done and your student (Me) is confused because every single body kick or head kick he has seen while the fighter is moving LEFT or RIGHT was always preceded by a slight halt where the fighter plants his feet followed by the kick.

How do you convince me that not only is this a thing, but it happens in MMA all the time? Perhaps a video, gif? Something showing me an actual side to side moving body/head kick where the fighter didn't halt first before throwing?
Old 12-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #39
Banned

So the isse with the circling body kick in game is that the fighter steps across their body to throw the kick. No one would ever do that because it would thrtlw you off balance and the kick would have less power and more wind up.

And it’s literally impossible to throw a round house while circling. You HAVE to plant your foot to generate force.

I’d love to see a video of someone throwing a roundhouse without their hips involved.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Assume I am a complete novice, completely clueless about anything fight related and your task is to educate me on the various ways body/head kicks are thrown.

First class is done and your student (Me) is confused because every single body kick or head kick he has seen while the fighter is moving LEFT or RIGHT was always preceded by a slight halt where the fighter plants his feet followed by the kick.

How do you convince me that not only is this a thing, but it happens in MMA all the time? Perhaps a video, gif? Something showing me an actual side to side moving body/head kick where the fighter didn't halt first before throwing?
I'm perplexed there is such a big discussion for this unless i'm missing something.

You're basically saying no one throws kicks while circling....

Have these long *** posts from others not given you enough examples of how ridiculous that is?

Of course guys plant when throwing body kicks too. And the game rewards that, by upping the power of the kick when you do. There were some movement issues in the beta, but I don't recall gliding when throwing a round kick while circling or i'd agree that would be an issue. But to say you shouldn't be able to throw a body kick while circling is a problem. All sorts of fighters, especially at the lower weights, are kicking whether low/mid/high while circling. If you're asking for some sort of lagged animation to plant feet, that would be ridiculous with how guys at lower weights are able to flick kicks out and go right back to circling.

We can make an argument for the power correlation compared to planting your feet, but anything else would be detrimental to how things seem to work atm

Last edited by LittleEvil; 12-19-2017 at 12:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »