Home

Terrible UFC 3 Animations That Should Be Changed - MartialMind

This is a discussion on Terrible UFC 3 Animations That Should Be Changed - MartialMind within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2017, 12:55 PM   #41
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Terrible UFC 3 Animations That Should Be Changed - MartialMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
The pettis one he steps diagonally right inbetween the two pauses you do in your video for him to follow Barboza while he's circling. It's a moving body kick, not a stationary kick. Use the mat and it's logo and their positions to get a good look at it.

The Max Holloway one, he already steps in diagonally with the lead hook to set up the middle kick. The momentum is what makes him recover that way, not stepping on Cubs foot.

And the Thomson one is the easiest one for me to see since he's already circling before throwing it, he doesn't stop he pushes with his back foot after taking a side step and steps in diagonally to throw it where Diaz will be since he's cutting the cage off of him. It is still a moving kick, not a statitionary one.

See in that video of yours where you throw one of those (put it at half speed)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...qmuQQ#t=14m33s

You see that small step in he does before he throws it? It's done diagonally. It's not specifically how it is thrown that the animation should be better (tho it could be more compact), but how he recovers from it, it's a bit too exagerated. But still similar to how Holloway recovers from.
Ace... My argument is that in the game, the animation for kicks thrown while moving SIDE to SIDE is wrong.

Your gifs do NOT show kicks while moving side to side. I'm 100% sure I'm not seeing things.

Before Pettis threw his kick, was he moving to the side? Did he go from left to right or right to left BEFORE throwing the kick? Or did he throw a forward moving right hook FIRST before then throwing a kick?

Same goes for the other Gifs.

If I ask you to show me an orange and you show me a Tangerine... they might look alike but they are not thesame thing.

I wanna see footage of a fighter moving SIDE to SIDE... And throwing a body kick without halting at all. NOT a fighter who leads with a strike and then follows up with a body kick.

I'm really not gonna debate you on the Thomson Gif. I mean that is beyond obvious that he circles, stops and steps forward INTO a Head kick which is EXACTLY what I'm asking for. He did NOT maintain side to side movement WHILE throwing the head kick... That's just silly. Even your own words alludes to a halt.

Can you "Push off" to throw a strike aimed at a different direction while moving in a different direction without a slight halt? Can you push off while moving to your right to throw a kick targeted at an opponent in front of you without a brief halt first? Get up and try it.

Again... Side to side movement, no halt, no strike first before the kick. I wanna see how this has been done in real life.

Last edited by MartialMind; 12-19-2017 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Addition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 01:00 PM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
Ace... My argument is that in the game, the animation for kicks thrown while moving SIDE to SIDE is wrong.

Your gifs do NOT show kicks while moving side to side. I'm 100% sure I'm not seeing things.

Before Pettis threw his kick, was he moving to the side? Did he go from left to right or right to left BEFORE throwing the kick? Or did he throw a forward moving right hook FIRST before then throwing a kick?

If I ask you to show me an orange and you show me a Tangerine... they might look alike but they are not thesame thing.

I wanna see footage of a fighter moving SIDE to SIDE... And throwing a body kick without halting at all. NOT a fighter who leads with a strike and then follows up with a body kick.

I'm really not gonna debate you on the Thomson Gif. I mean that is beyond obvious that he circles, stops and steps forward INTO a Head kick which is EXACTLY what I'm asking for. He did NOT maintain side to side movement WHILE throwing the head kick... That's just silly.

Again... Side to side movement, no halt, no strike first before the kick. I wanna see how this has been done in real life.
What youre saying makes no sense cause you don't move side to side in the game. If I hold the movement stick right, I CIRCLE right. I dont move directly right.

EDIT the only time theres any semblance of straight up side to side movement is when youre close to the fence. But again, I don't recall any sort of glide or improper animations on hitting a roundhouse kick button while moving that needs drastic change

Last edited by LittleEvil; 12-19-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:05 PM   #43
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEvil
What youre saying makes no sense cause you don't move side to side in the game. If I hold the movement stick right, I CIRCLE right. I dont move directly right.
fh6r9t9SU2MvczG1Mrxc_Confused Ice Cube THUMB.jpg

Dumbfounded.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:07 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Attachment 144163

Dumbfounded.
Read my edit but what is dumbfounding? Are you aware of the differences between circling properly and moving directly diagonally?

When you hold right, if I was moving directly diagonally, my fighter's stance should change? When have you ever seen someone keep stance while moving directly diagonally? Never, cause its not impossible, cause they don't irl or the game. If you hold right, you move right in a functional way to fighting, not in this exaggerated straight diagonal way you are making it seem.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:08 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Attachment 144163

Dumbfounded.
Honestly dude, he isn't wrong, you circle around the opponent if you hold straight left or right, you don't careen off into the fence
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Honestly dude, he isn't wrong, you circle around the opponent if you hold straight left or right, you don't careen off into the fence
Yup thanks. If Martial Mind remains dumbfounded, he can feel free to post a video where he goes to the center of the cage and holds left and right. We won't be seeing any direct diagonal movement into the opposite sides.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:12 PM   #47
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:

I'm really not gonna debate you on the Thomson Gif. I mean that is beyond obvious that he circles, stops and steps forward INTO a Head kick which is EXACTLY what I'm asking for. He did NOT maintain side to side movement WHILE throwing the head kick... That's just silly.

Exemples are what can be shown, what you see and do with it at that point is strictly limited to your knowledge.

If you cant visualise yourself and someone else do it instead of having that exact exemple you want, its not my fault.

Jabbing while circling you can visualise Im sure, now imagine someone throwing two jabs circling outside and following up with a body, leg or head kick. The kick that will be thrown will be done stepping diagonally, same as in your video with the timestamp I posted of Conor landing.

Those animations that misses of course looks bad. Make a video of them actually hitting and It'll look better, as seen with the conor one. The thing is, if you want full control, then you will see kicks being missed due to a lack of distance managament. Thats on the player, and gives opportunities to the other one playing.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:14 PM   #48
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
Those animations that misses of course looks bad. Make a video of them actually hitting and It'll look better, as seen with the conor one. The thing is, if you want full control, then you will see kicks being missed due to a lack of distance managament. Thats on the player, and gives opportunities to the other one playing.
My thoughts exactly. You beat me to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »