Home

New Stamina Updates Video

This is a discussion on New Stamina Updates Video within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2017, 03:06 AM   #209
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: New Stamina Updates Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I've wondered this myself, I'm a little worried all classes night feel the same when completely gassed (in regards to movements) after GPD said the animation they used for gassed stance is the slow HW movement set.

Does this mean FW and HWs will be stumbling around at the same speeds at that level of overall stamina or will the movements just be the same? Stuff like that, guess we wont know until we play. The HWs looked pretty quick this year, but they were way too slow in UFC 2, so that's not exactly bad thing.

I'm sure it'll get tweaked and touched up in those areas though if needed.

Gooood the wait is getting to me now though. I mean.. All I wanted for Christmas was a demo, or the beta to magically start working offline for some reason (Yea, I'm that sad I tried to get in haha)
Yeah unfortunately we would have to wait and see. I wish they would let the GC's privately test other weightclasses to check out everything to see how they feel and look.

We only had a portion of LW in the beta. Nate's 1-2 was an issue but who is to say other fighters unique strikes don't have that same feel.

I just hope other weightclasses there is noticeable difference between them. I don't see this being a problem. It's just there is so much going on that has changed it's hard to say. Weightclasses seem to no longer have a stat cap per division as it is in EA UFC 2. Other stats are either missing or combined.

I just hope there is no stamina bugs going on in other weightclasses, and the power and speed differences are adjusted properly.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:35 AM   #210
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New Stamina Updates Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
Yeah unfortunately we would have to wait and see. I wish they would let the GC's privately test other weightclasses to check out everything to see how they feel and look.

We only had a portion of LW in the beta. Nate's 1-2 was an issue but who is to say other fighters unique strikes don't have that same feel.

I just hope other weightclasses there is noticeable difference between them. I don't see this being a problem. It's just there is so much going on that has changed it's hard to say. Weightclasses seem to no longer have a stat cap per division as it is in EA UFC 2. Other stats are either missing or combined.

I just hope there is no stamina bugs going on in other weightclasses, and the power and speed differences are adjusted properly.
Agree on all points there, I'm a touch concerned, thought I do have faith in the GC's to playtest the fuuuuudge out of the game.

My concerns are partially abated with the stamina slowdown we saw.
Now, let's use the Reem v Ngannou clip we got as a reference.
In the beta system, they would have swung at that speed for all 3-5 rounds, which is utterly insane as they were really quite quick for HWs. Any fights past round 1 would have looked jarring.

But with that said, the speed the heavyweights threw at didn't look all that dissimilar to the LWs, I was rewatching one of my Barboza fights earlier, and Reems step in leg kick isn't that much slower to be honest. I haven't watched them side by side or anything.

I guess when I see the HWs I do immediately associate them with the UFC 2 cumbersome HW's, UD3's heavyweights were quick as Hell as well.

Like you said, I just hope they all feel different.

HW's do look POWERFUL, like, I assume that footage was a normal match, one clean counter ended the fight. As it should.
If their max stamina drops VERY quickly on whiffs, large output, and they become quite cumbersome when slow ill be pretty happy.

As for stat caps. That we will have to wait and see.
It didnt work that well in UD3 to be honest, if you did the openweight glitch then a 85ish Speed stat HW is the exact same speed as a 85 speed stat WW.

If it worked that way in UFC 3, mixed weight fights would an easy way to see it, say there was a LW and a WW with 85 overall striking speed each.
Move levels don't effect speed, so if they throw at the same speed you'd know what rhe cap removal means (kinda wish move levels gave slight speed buffs given there aren't seperated punch kick speeds)

It's all a game of wait and see sadly.

Edit: Perhaps we got the LW's in beta as a kinda balancer in a sense, they're kinda the middle of the 8 men's classes. So if they all kinda feel that bit slower and quicker in each respective lower and higher class ill be pretty happy (I realize this is an oversimplified version of weight differences but you get my point)

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 12-26-2017 at 06:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »