Home

Head Movement: Final Boss Thread

This is a discussion on Head Movement: Final Boss Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2017, 08:24 PM   #57
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Head Movement: Final Boss Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
These are the benefits you get moving to a discrete system, and it was a very deliberate choice.

I think the gameplay benefits greatly as a result.
Did you catch the part where not a single other person in this thread agrees with that guys post? Or your post? Not a single person liked either post either.

Did you see how many people in this thread agree with the OP? And how many likes those posts got?

I think it's incredibly obvious what people want, and it's fluid, responsive head movement. Not rock, paper, scissors head movement....

The sad part is..... if GPD really has read everything in this thread, and still doesn't think fluid, responsive head movement would make the game better, there is literally no hope. Solid Altair has somehow completely convinced him that goofy Arcade Fighting game logic is better than real life Martial Arts technique.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-19-2017, 08:30 PM   #58
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Head Movement: Final Boss Thread

Above is why devs don’t typically post regularly on online forums. Gpd disagrees with some of the people and it turns into him wants “goofy arcade fighting game logic”.

It’s pathetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-19-2017, 08:32 PM   #59
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Above is why devs don’t typically post regularly on online forums. Gpd disagrees with some of the people and it turns into him wants “goofy arcade fighting game logic”.

It’s pathetic

It's true.

He thinks arcade fighting game logic is better for the game than real life fighting technique. There is an entire book of posts with incredible gifs, incredible points, and it's all ignored. I'm not trying to be rude but it's insanely frustrating to see so many excellent, amazing points just get tossed aside like nothing.

It's crazy.

MMA is not Street Fighter or Tekken. Taking Fighting Game logic/,mechanics and putting them into a Martial Arts sim is not what we want.

Last edited by Haz____; 12-19-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:32 PM   #60
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Can't embed this one, but yet another amazing gif.

https://9gag.com/gag/ayDjpXW/lando-v...-head-movement

-----------------------------------------------

Anyone watch Perry - Ponzi last night? Perry was slipping all of Ponzis strikes with crisp fluid head movement most of the fight.

Fighters use headmovement like that all the time. That doesn't mean you have to look like Anderson Silva, or Dominic Cruz.

Last edited by Haz____; 12-19-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #61
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
What I see in videos is not the fighter moving his head much more than needed to evade the punches. The attacks usually zap juuuust past the head. In some cases there is even the need for a force field the re-routs the arc of the strike, so it actually misses the head (common in the case of overhands). Making the slips shorter would actually make them harder to time.

As to the slipping on reaction thingy, there is no input lag. There is no responsiveness issue with head movement. That is just an illusion. And the fighters with a lower head movement stat have longer start ups. The start ups must exist, or else the head would teleport. I think the fastest start up for LW is 6 frames. In general, fully reactive head movement is something to be used against very slow attacks.

I don’t agree with that. Fighters can react and slip a jab or cross on reaction.

I don’t fully understand all the frames discussion talk so I’ll defer to you but I do feel like that when using people with good head movement it should easier reactionary slips should be more responsive.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #62
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
It's true.

He thinks arcade fighting game logic is better for the game than real life fighting technique. There is an entire book of posts with incredible gifs, incredible points, and it's all ignored.

It's crazy.

Disagreeing isn’t the same as ignoring. He disagrees but he even said that it was something he was considering. How is that ignoring?

Also let’s not act like this thread represents the community. I agree with some of the points but it’s really 5-6 people who are very vocal about this. That isn’t the whole community. It’s a part of a small vocal piece of the community.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #63
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

I just feel like there's too many fighters that don't utilize head movement like the guys we are seeing in gifs like Anderson Silva or a Cody or Dillashaw, and that's what makes those guys unique as well as some of the best. Many more fighters do actually use the kind of head movement this game gives us though.

In general, to counter all the offensive additions the dev team added, I'd love to see a variety of defensive measures too, but I want it to still be sim as well. I don't really like seeing guys bobbing & weaving then countering like Mayweather who don't really have that kind of movement like I seen in some UFC 2 videos I saw posted earlier. It's just...not right lol. I think we just need to have a variety of defensive measures overall but it doesn't have to be everyone having the ability to evade strikes with boxer-esque head movement.

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 12-19-2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:41 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
What I see in videos is not the fighter moving his head much more than needed to evade the punches. The attacks usually zap juuuust past the head. In some cases there is even the need for a force field the re-routs the arc of the strike, so it actually misses the head (common in the case of overhands). Making the slips shorter would actually make them harder to time.

As to the slipping on reaction thingy, there is no input lag. There is no responsiveness issue with head movement. That is just an illusion. And the fighters with a lower head movement stat have longer start ups. The start ups must exist, or else the head would teleport. I think the fastest start up for LW is 6 frames. In general, fully reactive head movement is something to be used against very slow attacks.
So it is intentional!!! That’s a terrible idea lol. If someone has a really high head movement rating I shouldnt have that much(if any) start up for head movement. I agree with it for guys with lower ratings. I find it funny that you say it’s an illusion but admit the start up is a mechanic in the game.

Head movement should be possible against fast strikes as well on reaction. Hell straight punches are the easiest to slip irl. That’s why it’s so important to use angles when striking.

The current slips are also far too exaggerated in all directions. The most common slips you’ll see are very slight just to get your head off centerline. Right now we have to fully commit to one side and that’s not good.

I’d be okay with the current system if start up was tuned,we were given more angles to use, and we could chain different angles instead of being forced to return to center line

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »