Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Beta Feedback Video #2

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Beta Feedback Video #2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #145
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Beta Feedback Video #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
What makes you think strikes are happening after the execution and recovery of the lean? The recovery of the lean would be returning to center. And the strikes from the leans are integrated, in the sense that not ony do they not require you to go through the full recovery of the lean (going back to center, before you throw), but also cut some of the execution for the punch, both in speed and in visuals, because you're already "springing". You're making it sound as if there is a terrible pause in the animation.

Furthermore, you can strike during the execuion of the lean. With the back lean (which is based on range) you can strike before your head gets all the way back.

I'm not sure if you lose evasion frames as soon as you start to strike. I suspect that if you quickly input a side lean and a straight, you can keep evading during the straight's execution. But I need confirmation on this.

The only way to execute a more naturalistic balance as you wish would be to throroughly allow evasion frames during the strikes. This is already the case with body punches, for instance. But with them, I don't think it'd be possible to block, then go for a body punch an get the lean to work in time, becaus ethe combos are fast and you'd just get blasted at the very beginning of the body punch (if you get to start it at all). With the regular slips, we can break out of the block stun sooner than normal and evade a follow up. But the regular slips wouldn't allow a counter by your standards.

The only way to counter would be to start your own strike before the opponent's strike would connect... as you would evade during your execution. The controls could be a bit of an issue for this stuff (the right thumb has to lean and strike). But assuming you'd get this sorted, that would mean that your counter options would decrease quite a bit, as they would have to work much like the body punches do, the evasion happening during the execution. A ducking uppercut, for instance, would likely be too slow.

I didn't get that part. Was that a disagreement to the stuff I said about it?
He didn't articulate his points very well and he's wrong on some accounts. The lean is its own thing, the jab is its own thing. But, when you lean and push the jab right afterwards, it's almost indistinguishable from being simultaneous. The lean jab DOES and SHOULD have evasive properties. You dodge the opponent's own punch and land yours. This is true in both real life and in the game. I honestly don't know what he's talking about. Not to mention that even if the jab happened separately from the lean by half a second, it's a game. Having the lean jab be it's own button combination takes up valuable controller real estate. Flicking to lean and then pressing the button for your punch is the best way to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »