Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Beta Feedback Video #3

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Beta Feedback Video #3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2017, 04:26 PM   #25
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Beta Feedback Video #3

He almost looks like a 6'4" 205 lbs in that video. Both fighters are listed as 6'4" on the roster, but I think Reem might be a touch taller in real life.

I wonder if EA takes full body scans, or at least have the fighters pose for digital measurements? I'd have the fighters do something like the vitruvian man picture to take digital measurements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2017, 04:28 PM   #26
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
He almost looks like a 6'4" 205 lbs in that video. Both fighters are listed as 6'4" on the roster, but I think Reem might be a touch taller in real life.

I wonder if EA takes full body scans, or at least have the fighters pose for digital measurements? I'd have the fighters do something like the vitruvian man picture to take digital measurements.
I dont believe that they do either because they dont have easy access to all the fighters. This isnt the NBA where teams practice in the same location and its easy to get a scan.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:28 PM   #27
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: UFC Update 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I'm assuming this was supposed to be more of a shovel hook but ended up looking more like a bolo punch. The bolo punch is a tighter punch and more of an arm punch. You put more body weight behind a shovel hook and it's a bit longer.

Not that it really matters that much. The punches aren't too dissimilar. I'm just happy we got something in between a hook and an uppercut.
I had no idea how they were different, lol. Thanks for dropping knowledge.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:28 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its sooo off. His legs are also way smaller than he is in real life. The only thing they have right is his face and haircut. I dont usually complain about stuff like this but its bad.
Yeah, it's weird for someone who could easily be champ when the game launches have a pretty bad model. Maybe one of the devs could go to Boston for 220 as a work trip to take measurements?
Old 12-22-2017, 04:30 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Yeah, it's weird for someone who could easily be champ when the game launches have a pretty bad model. Maybe one of the devs could go to Boston for 220 as a work trip to take measurements?
Even without having him as a scan you have pics and videos you can look at, everyone of us know it's miles off, why don't the graphics team?
Old 12-22-2017, 04:31 PM   #30
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont believe that they do either because they dont have easy access to all the fighters. This isnt the NBA where teams practice in the same location and its easy to get a scan.
Be nice if fighters would email the pictures or do it over video call lol.

Or EA could just make an app like that digital tailor service, if fighters would be willing to use it. I know some fighters are crazy psyched to be in a video game, and some don't give a ****
Old 12-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I dont think measurements are the issue. I just think the art guy or guys screwed up. The UFC measurements have him at 6'4 - 250. The art guys know that. I just dont know how you pull up a clip from him in the Arlovski fight, put it side by side to the game and go "Yeah, that looks right".

What sucks is its a bad look for the game. I promise you the will be promoting the hell out of the game for 220 and people are going to see Ngannou in clips and say "WTF".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #32
MVP

Great vid guys again. Great response to all the feedback as per usual.

My only issue is why is Ngannou looking smaller than Overeem? And both look.. rather thin, for two 260ish+ HW fighters.
Especially his legs.. They're Cro Cop in UFC 2 level thin.

Edit: I see I'm late to this party. Glad to see everyone else wanting a beastial looking Predator.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 12-22-2017 at 04:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »