Home

Solid Solutions

This is a discussion on Solid Solutions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 09:06 PM   #57
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Solid Solutions

Old 12-24-2017, 09:06 PM   #58
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
As for the actual topic, I do find that the game changers (save for Martial Mind) are quick to defend instead of critique. When you work on something and with people you like, building a "tribe" together can instill a sense of pride and value. When someone is attacking or critiquing that tribe, the response is automatic. It's another psychological defense mechanism that you have to be looking for in yourself in order to stop it.

That's not to say they don't have valid points. Especially when what they're defending has so much going for it. It's a genuinely good game, so it's easy to rationalize things in a way that suits you. It's hard to separate yourself from your own experience, is all.
There is a flip side to that. GCs are constantly accused of defending the game. I can only speak for myself but most of my "defenses" are just me speaking on things that I have more information on than the community.

For example, a constant complaint has been the lack of ref interaction. Its been an issue with this series since the beginning. When people post about I give them the actual reason why its not in the game.

"It would take alot of mocap and even after the mocap you would need to do additional work to make sure it works within the game."

Now thats not a defense. Thats me giving the reason it isnt in the game. So what happens? People say "stop making excuses for them", "this seems like an easy thing to implement", "they are just lazy" etc.

The main difference between me and Martial is Martial makes his complaints public through his Youtube channel. Thats a great way to show the devs that a number of people agree with him and to motivate the devs to make a change.

I'm old as ****. I dont have a Youtube channel or thousands of followers. So when I have an issue, I go straight to the devs. I was PISSED about how Ngannou looked on Friday. I didnt need to make a thread on OS or a video here. Why? Because I have direct access to the devs.

So thats the main reason why my and other GCs posts are typically positive. We dont need to post here to express our displeasure with an aspect of the game. We can go straight to the source.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #59
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

For every 1 post that is somewhat useful there is 20 others filled with misinformation, negativity, and personal attacks*.

Please link more threads from over a year ago
Old 12-24-2017, 09:18 PM   #60
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
For every 1 post that is somewhat useful there is 20 others filled with misinformation, negativity, and personal attacks*.

Please link more threads from over a year ago

-Me slipping right under this bait-

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-24-2017, 10:25 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Can someone just ban this guy?

Literally contributes nothing to these forums besides personal attacks and negativity.

I think all those overhands are getting to you bro
"If everywhere you go smells like ****, check your own shoes."

That guy would benefit greatly from internalizing this phrase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2017, 10:28 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____

-Me slipping right under this bait-
This is another example of someone running away from valid criticism. My answer would be to block this guy, but this website still runs on early 2000's forum technology. Posting the same thing over and over instead of engaging in a little self-reflection isn't healthy. I feel bad for people like you.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:32 PM   #63
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
This is another example of someone running away from valid criticism. My answer would be to block this guy, but this website still runs on early 2000's forum technology. Posting the same thing over and over instead of engaging in a little self-reflection isn't healthy. I feel bad for people like you.

There is a ignore function on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-24-2017, 10:35 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
There is a ignore function on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
One in which still notifies you when a topic is made by them, when posts are made by them, and doesn't hide quotes. Posts are replaced by a big fat sign telling you that guy said something. I'm a little curious, so if I see that I might as well know what they're saying. Block features on Reddit work on the "out of sight, out of mind" principle.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »