Home

Why are fights not scored round by round in game?

This is a discussion on Why are fights not scored round by round in game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2017, 09:04 AM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Why are fights not scored round by round in game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
As an online comp player I love draws. Always send a message that's usually met with mutual respect. Never had someone complain about a draw cause they're so rare.
Anytime its been brought up here or other places, ranked players ask can they turn it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2017, 10:55 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Anytime its been brought up here or other places, ranked players ask can they turn it off.
I've have never seen anybody say that. I have seen multiple people wanting draws, not some random winner.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:05 AM   #43
MVP

The only argument against draws that I really understand is that it's a pretty bad use of resources. Like, I play this game a ****load and have only had like 2 fights I felt should be draws, so I totally get the devs feeling it's a waste of time/money when there's other things to be done. But, it'd be cool as hell to get draws in the game.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #44
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Yeah, i've seen the total opposite. Especially in League play.

No one wants to get an L when rankings and records are on the line, if they didn't actually lose.

It's devastating, and insanely aggravating having a hard fought fight get a totally random winner, and having that decide the outcome.

I've seen some really upset & frustrated players in my league over these random winners.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-28-2017, 05:19 PM   #45
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Yeah, i've seen the total opposite. Especially in League play.

No one wants to get an L when rankings and records are on the line, if they didn't actually lose.

It's devastating, and insanely aggravating having a hard fought fight get a totally random winner, and having that decide the outcome.

I've seen some really upset & frustrated players in my league over these random winners.
Agreed. There's been super close fights which really should be a draw, but instead becomes a dice roll. Draws are so rare anyway that most people wouldn't mind. UD3 had draws and I had my second draw ever a month ago or so. And I've had loads of fights, offline and quite a few online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2017, 05:26 PM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Agreed. There's been super close fights which really should be a draw, but instead becomes a dice roll. Draws are so rare anyway that most people wouldn't mind. UD3 had draws and I had my second draw ever a month ago or so. And I've had loads of fights, offline and quite a few online.
How do you know? According to convos I've had the with devs, the game doesnt tell you when its using the dice roll. Buffer just reads the scorecards as is (thats why Buffer will sometimes announce a 48-47, 47-47, 47-47 winner when it should be a draw).

For example, I used to think that when Buffer failed to announce the scorecards and just said "The winner by split decision is..." that mean it was a draw and the winner was randomly chosen. When I asked the devs about this they said that it was just a audio bug and had nothing to do with a draw.

DONT GET ME WRONG. I want draws in the game. I think the devs should just say **** it, mo cap a few draw animations and throw them in.

With that said, I think we overestimate the amount of close fights that wouldve resulted in a draw simply because draws arent possible in the game.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:17 PM   #47
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
How do you know? According to convos I've had the with devs, the game doesnt tell you when its using the dice roll. Buffer just reads the scorecards as is (thats why Buffer will sometimes announce a 48-47, 47-47, 47-47 winner when it should be a draw).

For example, I used to think that when Buffer failed to announce the scorecards and just said "The winner by split decision is..." that mean it was a draw and the winner was randomly chosen. When I asked the devs about this they said that it was just a audio bug and had nothing to do with a draw.

DONT GET ME WRONG. I want draws in the game. I think the devs should just say **** it, mo cap a few draw animations and throw them in.

With that said, I think we overestimate the amount of close fights that wouldve resulted in a draw simply because draws arent possible in the game.
I was referring to no score splits, but it's coming to me that no score was a bug plus what you said about it.

Either way it always seemed to happen when fights were SUPER razor thin close, like draw close. I really do want draws in though.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #48
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
I was referring to no score splits, but it's coming to me that no score was a bug plus what you said about it.

Either way it always seemed to happen when fights were SUPER razor thin close, like draw close. I really do want draws in though.
Me too.

I was SHOCKED when the devs told me that the no score announcement bug had nothing to do with draws. I was so sure of it that I started to score all no score splits was an indication of a draw that I just started treating them like draws in my League.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »