Home

Why are fights not scored round by round in game?

This is a discussion on Why are fights not scored round by round in game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2018, 07:13 PM   #57
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why are fights not scored round by round in game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Me too.

I was SHOCKED when the devs told me that the no score announcement bug had nothing to do with draws. I was so sure of it that I started to score all no score splits was an indication of a draw that I just started treating them like draws in my League.
I almost feel like they are saying that to cover their tracks or something. I mean, How did your league, and our league come to the same conclusion separately? Pretty big coincidence.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 01-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
True story: the fights are judged round by round. Always have been.

As to the beta judging being a bit wonky, there were two notable bugs found in the scoring logic that have since been fixed. 95% of matches would not have been hindered by them I think, but those that were would have gone sideways.
With round scoring, is it essentially how it works in real life (effective striking, grappling, then aggression and octagon control) or is it more to do with the total damage your fighter receives?

Only reason I ask is because i've had fights where I feel like I have dominated most rounds (the fights were stand up mostly and I had more strikes thrown and landed) but the opponent may have scored a few big hits (say 4 or 5 during the fight) where as I may not have but I've been striking more often and the opponent gets the decision.

I would assume that "rocks" and significant strikes obviously hold more scoring-wise than number of strikes to a degree, but yeah this just always confuses me a bit. I would have no idea how to judge it myself, but yeah any clarification on the scoring would help me dictate future fights. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:00 PM   #59
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playrules
With round scoring, is it essentially how it works in real life (effective striking, grappling, then aggression and octagon control) or is it more to do with the total damage your fighter receives?

Only reason I ask is because i've had fights where I feel like I have dominated most rounds (the fights were stand up mostly and I had more strikes thrown and landed) but the opponent may have scored a few big hits (say 4 or 5 during the fight) where as I may not have but I've been striking more often and the opponent gets the decision.

I would assume that "rocks" and significant strikes obviously hold more scoring-wise than number of strikes to a degree, but yeah this just always confuses me a bit. I would have no idea how to judge it myself, but yeah any clarification on the scoring would help me dictate future fights. Thanks.
The new judging is based on the new criteria which you listed above. The example you gave would give your opponent the round. If you land 20 more strikes than your opponent in a round but he lands 4 strikes that rock you, an argument can be made that his strikes had more "impact". Impact is what judges use to decide whether someone is being more effective.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/6...-2016-mma-news
Old 01-05-2018, 11:14 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
The new judging is based on the new criteria which you listed above. The example you gave would give your opponent the round. If you land 20 more strikes than your opponent in a round but he lands 4 strikes that rock you, an argument can be made that his strikes had more "impact". Impact is what judges use to decide whether someone is being more effective.

So basically, if Bisping v Hendo 2 happened under the new rules, we'd have a 46 year old world champ? Haha.

In all seriousness. I had that happen to me a few times in the beta and it was nice to see, if dominant grappling rounds are scored correctly in retail (which, I believe you've said they will) then I'm a happy man.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:03 PM   #61
Rookie

WhoDatNinja's Arena

When Buffer doesn't read the scorecards is definitely when its a draw. They can probably get away with calling it an "audio bug" because its most likely coded as an "exception" when returning the winner based on the scorecards. Like if a winner is null after calculating the scorecards it sets the scores to null, winner to a dice roll, and result to split decision. No way theres no connection between the scoreless splut decision and draws. I've never once heard 48-47, 47-47, 47-47 read by buffer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2018, 02:05 PM   #62
MVP

I’m not saying this is the case, but I would not put it past anyone in the industry to lie in order to save face for the game/company.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-07-2018, 02:11 PM   #63
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I’m not saying this is the case, but I would not put it past anyone in the industry to lie in order to save face for the game/company.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I agree but I dont think that was the case here. This isnt the sort of thing that would be embarrassing to the company. If the no scorecards was just the games way of handling no draws, they would just acknowledge it and say "it will be that way until we do the cutscenes to show draws".
Old 01-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:

Okay, this helps a lot. I've had a few wins against Playrules that I felt were definitely not my victories. The feeling is filthy! lol

I guess this sums things up Playrules, LET'S HAVE A REMATCH

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »