Home

A Change I Hope To See With Locomotion

This is a discussion on A Change I Hope To See With Locomotion within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #17
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A Change I Hope To See With Locomotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
This is true and I'm all for this. I just think the head movement not being realistic is more important. And unfortunately because it's MartialMind pushing for this (and everyone jumps on the bandwagon) and making a thread about it... It will probably get done ahead of the head movement.

No disrespect or resentment towards MartialMind. I just think the head movement is far more important from a realism and gameplay stand point.
Well, not a lot of people aren't in agreement that the head movement needs to be changed much and some people are even starting to change their minds that it needs to be as dynamic as boxing. These walk downs are something that actually happens in generally every fight (fighters walk a lot lol) the kind of head movement some of you want to see only happens maybe occasionally in only so many matches with only so many fighters. It has nothing to do with "jumping on a bandwagon", it's simply more practical to is. I don't think you're going to see too many people disagreeing that walking down an opponent isn't realistic or doesn't happen much no matter who points it out.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:35 AM   #18
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
This is true and I'm all for this. I just think the head movement not being realistic is more important. And unfortunately because it's MartialMind pushing for this (and everyone jumps on the bandwagon) and making a thread about it... It will probably get done ahead of the head movement.

No disrespect or resentment towards MartialMind. I just think the head movement is far more important from a realism and gameplay stand point.
No offense taken here, but nothing gets done because it's MartialMind. If the Devs don't agree that it's a change worth spending limited resources on, it doesn't matter if Jesus himself asked for it, nothing will get done.

Admittedly this change will have little if any effect on Gameplay, it's purely Aesthetics so I don't even expect that anything will be done.

As for head movement, the thread is probably the biggest thread here.

Everyone that wants head movement changes has lobbied hard for it and has argued their best and GPD has responded to that thread quite a few times trying to figure out exactly what the Gameplay benefit of implementing the changes being requested would be. So it's obviously important.... I guarantee its more important to him that Animation changes.

That said, hopefully, this thread doesn't turn into a Head Movement thread.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:01 PM   #19
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Well, not a lot of people aren't in agreement that the head movement needs to be changed much and some people are even starting to change their minds that it needs to be as dynamic as boxing. These walk downs are something that actually happens in generally every fight (fighters walk a lot lol) the kind of head movement some of you want to see only happens maybe occasionally in only so many matches with only so many fighters. It has nothing to do with "jumping on a bandwagon", it's simply more practical to is. I don't think you're going to see too many people disagreeing that walking down an opponent isn't realistic or doesn't happen much no matter who points it out.
Minimal slips happen in every fight. Having 4 angles like we do now is incredibly unrealistic.

I'm not talking about everyone having the ability to chain slips like Cody. Can we please find more middle ground on this topic?

And people do jump on the bandwagon with MM (even if it's done subconsciously). It doesn't mean he isn't right. But his status helps push things forward a lot quicker. The stamina thing is an example.

But again, I'm all for what's discussed in the OP. I just think head movement responsiveness and more angular control is more important. There's maybe 2 people that think the head movement doesn't need to be changed at all. Most other people are arguing where it should be changed.

I don't want to hijack this thread but seeing a walking animation thread get all these likes (which the developers will take note of) while head movement concerns that are more important get shafted is pretty frustrating.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:08 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Minimal slips happen in every fight. Having 4 angles like we do now is incredibly unrealistic.

I'm not talking about everyone having the ability to chain slips like Cody. Can we please find more middle ground on this topic?

And people do jump on the bandwagon with MM (even if it's done subconsciously). It doesn't mean he isn't right. But his status helps push things forward a lot quicker. The stamina thing is an example.

But again, I'm all for what's discussed in the OP. I just think head movement responsiveness and more angular control is more important. There's maybe 2 people that think the head movement doesn't need to be changed at all. Most other people are arguing where it should be changed.

I don't want to hijack this thread but seeing a walking animation thread get all these likes (which the developers will take note of) while head movement concerns that are more important get shafted is pretty frustrating.
The problem is that one of those people could be GPD based on his comments in that thread. Also, the devs are plenty aware that people here want some changes to head movement. They have seen the threads and posts.

Just because MM posts something doesnt mean that they are going to shove other things to the back. Even if a number of people (including myself) agree with him.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #21
Banned

Bro we gotta keep the head movement talk in our thread

Cant be mad if others are okay with the current system.

MMA isnt boxing and most fighters have poor head movement anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2017, 12:25 PM   #22
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Bro we gotta keep the head movement talk in our thread

Cant be mad if others are okay with the current system.

MMA isnt boxing and most fighters have poor head movement anyway.
I know! lol

The current system does not reflect standard MMA head movement either though. We need to stop perpetuating this narrative.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:58 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
I know! lol

The current system does not reflect standard MMA head movement either though. We need to stop perpetuating this narrative.
Dude, stop. Just stop. The one thing everyone is truly in agreement is keeping the thread on topic. We have heard your side of the damn story. Yes, we know you have bones to pick with head movement. Yes, we know you think that you don't get as much credit as MartialMind. Yes, we all know that because you bring it up in every topic you're a part of. I would have hoped GPD responding directly to you would have stopped you from continuing this crusade and the false belief that no one notices your complaints. It's sophomoric, childish, and played out. Honestly, I believe other people are too nice to put it to you this bluntly, but even their posts are beginning to teem with annoyance.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:05 PM   #24
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Dude, stop. Just stop. The one thing everyone is truly in agreement is keeping the thread on topic. We have heard your side of the damn story. Yes, we know you have bones to pick with head movement. Yes, we know you think that you don't get as much credit as MartialMind. Yes, we all know that because you bring it up in every topic you're a part of. I would have hoped GPD responding directly to you would have stopped you from continuing this crusade and the false belief that no one notices your complaints. It's sophomoric, childish, and played out. Honestly, I believe other people are too nice to put it to you this bluntly, but even their posts are beginning to teem with annoyance.
u r a loser

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »