Home

Where is this position in UFC 3?

This is a discussion on Where is this position in UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2017, 02:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Where is this position in UFC 3?

This grappling position is seen during most MMA fights when a single leg is defended but not in the game.

Should occur when a single leg TD is defended late in the TD defense window. From here, both fighters should have multiple grappling options available via the grapple dial (similar to the current takedown against the cage animations).

The closest animation I’ve seen to the single leg standing position occurs during the single leg reversal from side control-bottom. The player initiating the reverse will hold the other fighter’s leg, leaving them to balance on one leg, but the only input options are to complete the single leg (regular or high) or wait and disengage from the position.

Add depth to takedowns and allow fighters multiple options from this position (I.e. fighter holding the leg can ankle pick or sweep legs for takedown/fighter defending can throw elbows, pull a guillotine/Kimura, etc.)

I’ve said it before, but if depth is added to the takedowns and clinches in UFC 3 it will be the best and most satisfying/fun MMA game ever.

Last edited by iceberg3445; 12-31-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Where is this position in UFC 3?

I think, its my gif lol. anyway it happen only for a reversal from the ground but yeah, I really hope it is going to added to the takedown stuff. I have told that like your mention after released ea ufc2 but it was not their plan or low property.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:42 PM   #3
Rookie

One of the main things I didn't like about the new striking was how easy it was to punish body kicks by catching them.
Most of the time the guy throwing them can regain balance and is fine in a real fight, but in the game it's always a free knockdown, stun or takedown. Legs are pretty strong, it's pretty easy to get your leg back when it's caught, also needs a leg kick option for when you catch a body kick
Old 12-31-2017, 03:56 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatNationRepresent
One of the main things I didn't like about the new striking was how easy it was to punish body kicks by catching them.
Most of the time the guy throwing them can regain balance and is fine in a real fight, but in the game it's always a free knockdown, stun or takedown. Legs are pretty strong, it's pretty easy to get your leg back when it's caught, also needs a leg kick option for when you catch a body kick

Good point. This one-leg standing position should also come after a kick is catched, that way the fighter throwing the kick has options to escape after their kick is catched. However this position would be slightly different because it wouldn’t come from a denied single leg takedown.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-31-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:

Totally disagree. The kick catch mechanic was awesome. The perfect way to prevent body kick spam. Kicks to the body are very powerful on your stamina in this game so we needed a good way to punish them for not mixing it up.

Also, I’m pretty sure you can kick the opponent down when you catch their kick. You can also take them directly to side control.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2017, 04:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey

Also, I’m pretty sure you can kick the opponent down when you catch their kick. You can also take them directly to side control.

I'll just disagree with the first part, I don't have a problem with legs being caught at all, it's the fact that its a pretty significant penalty for someone doing nothing more than blocking a pretty common move used when mixing it up, or managing distance and no I was not a 1-body kick spammer. I just think it shouldn't be virtually inescapable because it's pretty common for people to escape unless they are deep on the leg.

Maybe, but what I remember is when I would try to use the button to kick the leg after catching a kick, it would just throw the opponent down.

Last edited by PlatNationRepresent; 12-31-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:15 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
I'll just disagree with the first part, I don't have a problem with legs being caught at all, it's the fact that its a pretty significant penalty for someone doing nothing more than blocking a pretty common move used when mixing it up, or managing distance and no I was not a 1-body kick spammer. I just think it shouldn't be virtually inescapable because it's pretty common for people to escape unless they are deep on the leg.

Maybe, but what I remember is when I would tried to use the button to kick the leg after catching a kick, it would just throw the opponent down.

I think there should be a system like UD3 where you could block the punch, defend the takedown, or stop the trip. If you guess their pattern wrong it leaves you open to the other two. But as far as frequency and ease of catching kicks, it’s perfect.

Old 12-31-2017, 04:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I think there should be a system like UD3 where you could block the punch, defend the takedown, or stop the trip. If you guess their pattern wrong it leaves you open to the other two. But as far as frequency and ease of catching kicks, it’s perfect.

I guess maybe it was more of a trip, I didnt pay too much atttention to the animation, just know I couldn't keep punishing the leg. Probably my favorite new thing about the striking is the leg damage, perfect, hope they don't change it.

That sounds fair but I still think you should be able to pull your leg free at the cost of a little stamina and frame disadvantage or something similar so its not always a possible gamechanger for a relatively low risk move like a body kick. I still haven't played it yet but I managed to find a copy of UD3 at a pawn shop about a year ago, I really need to give it a go but I let my kids keep the Ps3 in their room.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »