Home

Martial Mind's Improved Character Creation Video

This is a discussion on Martial Mind's Improved Character Creation Video within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2018, 05:49 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Martial Mind's Improved Character Creation Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTSImperator
Yep, we literally only got 13 colours in UFC 2, THIRTEEN!.

On top of that, we couldn't add any hue variation or any secondary colours.
The colors don't pop or anything either. If you select pink for instance, it just looks like red. If you select purple it's like a dark, dark purple. I can't remember if this was for male CAFs too, but for female CAFs, they didn't even HAVE a blonde hair color. Their blonde, which is listed as a blonde shade in the screen, was just light brown when you actually added the color. It was ridiculous. But then you see women in the game with actual blonde hair, so why in the hell wouldn't you be able to give your CAF it?

It's exactly why they need to give CAF all of the hairstyles, body types, colors, that are in the game for roster fighters. And this is a point I feel this entire board needs to make and hold and be loud about through the duration of this game cycle, until we see it. As a CAF guy I felt like I creatively exhausted my options for CAF after like two months of UFC 2. And from what I seen of UFC 3's CAF, it's nearly identical. How does that make me feel about spending my money on it?

Last edited by godway; 01-04-2018 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:35 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
The colors don't pop or anything either. If you select pink for instance, it just looks like red. If you select purple it's like a dark, dark purple. I can't remember if this was for male CAFs too, but for female CAFs, they didn't even HAVE a blonde hair color. Their blonde, which is listed as a blonde shade in the screen, was just light brown when you actually added the color. It was ridiculous. But then you see women in the game with actual blonde hair, so why in the hell wouldn't you be able to give your CAF it?

It's exactly why they need to give CAF all of the hairstyles, body types, colors, that are in the game for roster fighters. And this is a point I feel this entire board needs to make and hold and be loud about through the duration of this game cycle, until we see it. As a CAF guy I felt like I creatively exhausted my options for CAF after like two months of UFC 2. And from what I seen of UFC 3's CAF, it's nearly identical. How does that make me feel about spending my money on it?
I'm in EXACTLY the same boat, which is why i'm trying to push hard for improved character creation, I also feel like Martial nailed it perfectly with his video.

I'm not usually happy with my cafs until they are completely authentic, which is sometimes impossible to achieve. For example I once tried to make Daenerys Targaryen only to find the 'blonde' hair weren't even nearly pale enough.

The models for the roster fighters hair and body type are already in the game and absolutely should be options in character creation.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:02 AM   #19
Rookie

to be able to choose the stance would be really interesting to create our own entries would be also putting them in line with the possiblity of being able to the past with the button a and especially that the small writing to 1mn45 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcvSdPPhUo agrees to our way of fighting so that the adversary know more or less what to expect
Old 01-04-2018, 11:37 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTSImperator
Having Roster fighters hair aswell as the ability to adjust length would be a nice addition for sure, not even sure why they weren't in the game (maybe some fighters hair were featured, certainly alot of them weren't however) in the first place.

A hair dye editor would be amazing though, I would just love to be able to do stuff like this...
Spoiler
Yes this is something that needs to change. I seen way too many complaints in the EA UFC 3 CAF YouTube video comments. Where many people felt ripped off because not much changed with the CAF options. Hoping they patch this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
Yeah, it's not just hairstyles that is annoying. You can't do anything with colors. No highlights or anything like that. Again, this feels discount.
That's true WWE 2K even has the ability to dye hair colors exactly how you want. WWE 2K has s rediculous amount of color types that can be applied to all gear, hair, and tattoos. Many things in their game has separate levels of layers that can have each individual color.

I've even seen RPG games like FF XV that have much more color customization and dye options for hair as well. This is a big change that needs to happen.

FNC had an awesome color wheel so why not one in EA UFC as well.We should't be forced to use game face just to get some unique colors on our CAF's.

Game Face is better than 2K's Share feature, but I still leans towards 2K's share feature because it's more user friendly than EA game face to get your images into the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Wrestling games 15 friggin' years ago had creation systems that were insane detailed and complex. They totally blew EA UFC's out of the water. Like it's not even close. And they came out 15 years, and 3 generations of consoles, and technological improvements ago.

I feel like there is no excuse for EA UFC's character creator to be so anemic.

The fact that you can't even use the roster fighter hair just makes no sense.

Sadly it's true not only old WWE games, many old or current games have a way more in depth CAC creation process with better tools. The person who looks over all of this was slacking hardcore. No offense to EA, but this was something that just didn't sit right.

They don't even need to do much to upgrade their creation tool. But I hope EA listens about this.

CAF's are a big thing in EA UFC especially with career and Ultimate Team, to not upgrade this because of time or cost is not acceptable for a approach. But they did add some new things so give EA that credit but is not enough, or at least what was shown in the Beta.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:10 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
I'm in EXACTLY the same boat, which is why i'm trying to push hard for improved character creation, I also feel like Martial nailed it perfectly with his video.

I'm not usually happy with my cafs until they are completely authentic, which is sometimes impossible to achieve. For example I once tried to make Daenerys Targaryen only to find the 'blonde' hair weren't even nearly pale enough.

The models for the roster fighters hair and body type are already in the game and absolutely should be options in character creation.
It's not just that you only have preset faces/bodies to work with. It's that there's so few of them and you can only do a very specific amount of customization to them because you have limited tools at your disposal. The Head/face morphing tool is useless in a lot of cases, there's very little you actually get out of it.

I would be okay with preset bodies/faces if there were A LOT of preset bodies and faces to choose from, so your CAFs don't start looking repetitive. There isn't enough. There isn't even NEARLY enough.

It would also help if Gameface actually worked. Which it doesn't. I feel like they don't put as much effort into CAF because they operate under the assumption everyone is going to use Gameface anyways. Well yeah, if it actually worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
Yes this is something that needs to change. I seen way too many complaints in the EA UFC 3 CAF YouTube video comments. Where many people felt ripped off because not much changed with the CAF options. Hoping they patch this.

That's true WWE 2K even has the ability to dye hair colors exactly how you want. WWE 2K has s rediculous amount of color types that can be applied to all gear, hair, and tattoos. Many things in their game has separate levels of layers that can have each individual color.

I've even seen RPG games like FF XV that have much more color customization and dye options for hair as well. This is a big change that needs to happen.

FNC had an awesome color wheel so why not one in EA UFC as well.We should't be forced to use game face just to get some unique colors on our CAF's.

Game Face is better than 2K's Share feature, but I still leans towards 2K's share feature because it's more user friendly than EA game face to get your images into the game.

Sadly it's true not only old WWE games, many old or current games have a way more in depth CAC creation process with better tools. The person who looks over all of this was slacking hardcore. No offense to EA, but this was something that just didn't sit right.

They don't even need to do much to upgrade their creation tool. But I hope EA listens about this.

CAF's are a big thing in EA UFC especially with career and Ultimate Team, to not upgrade this because of time or cost is not acceptable for a approach. But they did add some new things so give EA that credit but is not enough, or at least what was shown in the Beta.
The WWE 2K games might have horrendous gameplay, and in a lot of cases horrendous graphics, but they understand customization better than most games out there. I would love to have their level of customization in a UFC game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2018, 05:03 PM   #22
Rookie

A big character creation update would be amazing. How can I play my career and UT when character creator is LACKING HORRIBLY, now I understand almost all the time went into striking and animations amd I praise EA for the hard work but come on. Fight Night Champion had almost everything for character creation so why not copy and paste to UFC 3 since you don't have enough time or something. This year seems like it will be an amazing year for career mode and UT but we have a generic low budget creation system. Everyone wants to build their dream fighter and be unique from other people whether its reach, a TON of new hairstyles and real fighter hair styles with or without hair dye, slashed eyebrows, a physique Morpher like UFC Undisputed 3 and much more. You shouldn't have to wait till UFC 4 to get a better creation system when this might be the easiest thing to do. Hopefully this changes before launch or they give us a big DLC purely for our characters or a big update.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-04-2018, 05:07 PM   #23
Rookie

A lot of other EA games have good face presets and hair styles and facial hair so why not use those ,I'm sure someone from other EA studios can send copies of those files to the makers of UFC 3 and add on to the ones they send.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-04-2018, 05:18 PM   #24
Banned

It's not even just EA games. If you look at what every other sports/fighter game on the market has in terms of CAP/CAF/CAW, it is worlds better than UFC. The market should not be THAT far ahead of you when you were aware that it was a weak area of the game two years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »