Home

Ea ufc 3 COUNTDOWN

This is a discussion on Ea ufc 3 COUNTDOWN within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2018, 06:34 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Ea ufc 3 COUNTDOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Huge disappointed their marketing this year. No fun, no hype.
- Mystery fighters (FB post, competition style, guess the fighter to win a prize)
> Hype & reveals
> Perhaps a cool ad of the mystery fighters revealing themselves
> Jackie Chan vs Van Damme, both guys coming in and doing some martial arts moves & then playing each other in game (or whoever the mystery fighters are). A fun buzz, fun atmosphere.

- Career mode snippits (short/medium length YT videos) e.g.
> Training venues
> First fight
> The social media thing
> What's new this year

- Fight simulations (short YT videos)
> Ngannou vs HW Champ
> Cormier vs Turkish
> Khabib smesh vs Conor

- Roster reveals (website & FB posts)
> add in updated character models
> new fighters & new stances

- Game mechanic exploration (blog posts or YT videos)
> Sliders
> Stand up mode
> Grappling mode
> Improved or refined modes

- Behind the scenes with devs (YT videos)
> Showing off the mocap sessions
> Showing the general workflow
> Showing the devs with UFC guys or martial arts gurus
> Showing the devs training

- Media days (multiple YT videos, everyone can film type deal)
> A few UFC veterans come in and play the fans
> Gamechangers eating pizza with the devs
> People getting excited about the HW fight
> Developers & gamechangers getting front row seats at UFC HW event this month

These sort of things will bring hype to your product but not only your product, your image. EA has a **** image. This dev team is something different and really cool. These are some things that will help you guys.

Why does it take some random guy on a forum to point these things out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2018, 09:18 AM   #42
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Ea ufc 3 COUNTDOWN

I’m thinking any day now they’re going to ramp up the advertisement but all I hear is white noise!
Seems like there isn’t any confidence on the whole product itself? Showcase your game!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-05-2018, 09:19 AM   #43
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

I still think EA MMA had the best game mechnic breakdowm videos.

But ya. First week of january nearly gone and nothing....
Old 01-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
- Mystery fighters (FB post, competition style, guess the fighter to win a prize)
> Hype & reveals
> Perhaps a cool ad of the mystery fighters revealing themselves
> Jackie Chan vs Van Damme, both guys coming in and doing some martial arts moves & then playing each other in game (or whoever the mystery fighters are). A fun buzz, fun atmosphere.

- Career mode snippits (short/medium length YT videos) e.g.
> Training venues
> First fight
> The social media thing
> What's new this year

- Fight simulations (short YT videos)
> Ngannou vs HW Champ
> Cormier vs Turkish
> Khabib smesh vs Conor

- Roster reveals (website & FB posts)
> add in updated character models
> new fighters & new stances

- Game mechanic exploration (blog posts or YT videos)
> Sliders
> Stand up mode
> Grappling mode
> Improved or refined modes

- Behind the scenes with devs (YT videos)
> Showing off the mocap sessions
> Showing the general workflow
> Showing the devs with UFC guys or martial arts gurus
> Showing the devs training

- Media days (multiple YT videos, everyone can film type deal)
> A few UFC veterans come in and play the fans
> Gamechangers eating pizza with the devs
> People getting excited about the HW fight
> Developers & gamechangers getting front row seats at UFC HW event this month

These sort of things will bring hype to your product but not only your product, your image. EA has a **** image. This dev team is something different and really cool. These are some things that will help you guys.

Why does it take some random guy on a forum to point these things out?
I think they know these things. I think they disagree that its worth the cost or effort. The "hype level" of people at OS or other hardcore fans doesnt matter. Why? Because you guys are going to buy the game anyway. They could decide to release no trailers and decide to rely on Youtubers videos.....and most if not all of you guys would still buy the game.

Now some of the stuff you listed is coming (roster reveals and likely career mode trailer). Some of the stuff isnt (no GC vids because Gamechangers arent getting a pre launch event and they would NEVER pay for GCs to go to Boston for a UFC fight).

I think EA is trying a new approach this year. They flew a bunch of Youtubers to Vegas this week to take vids of the new game. It makes sense from a marketing perspective. I can play the game and advise them on things that should be changed but I cant really help them market the game. Other than Martial, most of the GC's dont have huge online followings.

The potential negative is that these Youtubers likely dont know how to play the game and could end up making the game look bad.....just like they did pre beta. With that said, Marketing feels like this is the best and most cost effective way to market the game to the non-hardcore crowd.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:32 AM   #45
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think they know these things. I think they disagree that its worth the cost or effort. The "hype level" of people at OS or other hardcore fans doesnt matter. Why? Because you guys are going to buy the game anyway. They could decide to release no trailers and decide to rely on Youtubers videos.....and most if not all of you guys would still buy the game.

Now some of the stuff you listed is coming (roster reveals and likely career mode trailer). Some of the stuff isnt (no GC vids because Gamechangers arent getting a pre launch event and they would NEVER pay for GCs to go to Boston for a UFC fight).

I think EA is trying a new approach this year. They flew a bunch of Youtubers to Vegas this week to take vids of the new game. It makes sense from a marketing perspective. I can play the game and advise them on things that should be changed but I cant really help them market the game. Other than Martial, most of the GC's dont have huge online followings.

The potential negative is that these Youtubers likely dont know how to play the game and could end up making the game look bad.....just like they did pre beta. With that said, Marketing feels like this is the best and most cost effective way to market the game to the non-hardcore crowd.
But you always do this "you guys on OS are going to buy the game anyway" as if that it doesn't really matter if we're getting hyped up or not. Thing is, I honestly wonder if the average fan even knows the game is coming out at the end of this month. And it really isnt that difficult for them to drop some reveals. They have an entire team dedicated to it. I just don't understand this weird approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyonelover
I’m thinking any day now they’re going to ramp up the advertisement but all I hear is white noise!
Seems like there isn’t any confidence on the whole product itself? Showcase your game!

From my understanding its pretty much out of the team hands entirely and the market people are running with it. But I can't get behind the approach they are taking.

Oh well, things will probably pick up rapidly soon and we'll all forget about this. But for now, I have absolutely no idea what they are doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2018, 09:37 AM   #46
MVP

My theory is that they're waiting for some fights to use as promo for the game. Like, we might get some stuff for Stephens-Choi and Hall-Belfort next week and the 2 title fights the week after that and Jacaré-Brunson 2 and OSP-Latifi the week after that. I'd assume that the theory is that most people aren't thinking about the UFC too much because there isn't any fights coming up this weekend.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:20 AM   #47
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Ea ufc 3 COUNTDOWN

The Star Wars battlefront had a ton of advertisement, On Facebook , tv commercial and continue to, this game hasn’t had a fifth of the advertisement ! I know the financial resources might not be there but Facebook and Internet or their very own site?
Like I said it’s going to be a very bad launch for this game only know a few people interested in picking the game up and I think it’s contributed to marketing, they need to advertising the changes they made to a broad level to influence the casual fan Who were not satisfied with the second game.
From the looks of it we are the only ones buying the game.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #48
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
But you always do this "you guys on OS are going to buy the game anyway" as if that it doesn't really matter if we're getting hyped up or not. Thing is, I honestly wonder if the average fan even knows the game is coming out at the end of this month. And it really isnt that difficult for them to drop some reveals. They have an entire team dedicated to it. I just don't understand this weird approach.
Well it doesnt. If your "hype level" doesnt effect whether you are going to buy the game or not, why doesnt it matter to EA?

The average fan is aware the game is coming out this month. They have been promoting this game at every EA event since UFC 217. There have been plenty of tweets and Facebook posts on EA 's site about this game. There was a well publicized beta that was released a month ago. There was a reveal trailer too.

Even if the "average" fan missed all of that. There will be content connected to UFC 220 and content released around the release of the game. There will likely be a commercial featuring Conor the week before release.

This isnt 1994. I dont have to drive up to EBGames or Gamestop to preorder a game. I dont have to preorder games weeks out. I can watch a trailer or commercial and then immediately preorder or buy it right then.

Also can we stop with the "it isnt difficult" ****. Its not as easy as it seems. Take GPD's small Ngannou clip from 2 weeks ago. GPD had to take time away from working on the game to create the clip. EA Marketing had to approve it (which takes time) and then the UFC had to approve it. That was for a 2 minute clip. As with most corporations, there is a process and it takes time to get things through that pipeline.

I'm not happy with the marketing/promotion either but its for purely selfish reasons. You market the game to sell the game. They have already sold 9/10 of this community on the game. Thats why your hype level doesnt matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »