Home

The perfect knockdown?

This is a discussion on The perfect knockdown? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2018, 12:18 AM   #1
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon7 The perfect knockdown?

This is the current state of ufc 2 knockdowns. Reminded me of Overeem vs Francis. Why not just use these knockdowns with occasional canned animations added on of the fighter laying stiff on the ground breathing heavy or the other fighter taunting for ufc 3.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: The perfect knockdown?

Didn't we get a video from GPD specifically saying that the Ragdoll is back?
Old 01-06-2018, 01:53 PM   #3
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Yeah, and with the feedback it got with it being too weightless, I'm sure it's been tuned up a bit so that it'll look better. Personally, I just hope ragdoll isn't the primary factor as to why we can't jump on opponents after a KO happens.

With the lifeless bodies on the ground and them being in sometimes weird positions, I guess it would be harder to implement animations for your player to jump in without causing any clippings and what not. I'm all for good looking knockouts, but not so much if it means removing options as to if you can jump on your opponent after the deed is done.

The walk off animation being automatic is kind of a bummer, though I'm most definitely in the minority that would prefer seeing a few times the same canned animations, for the possibility to not remove my options as to whether or not I jump on my opponent due to me not actually knowing if he's out cold now that the zoom in is removed. Also, sometimes it's just instincts kicking in with you continuing the onslaught not taking any chances of him recovering. (which comes to the "as real as it gets" it should be going for, instead of the spectacle of that one shot knockout walkoff animation)

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 01-06-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:30 PM   #4
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

The biggest thing I noticed is the weight of the fighter felt right with this knockdown. They were lightweights though.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:38 PM   #5
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
The biggest thing I noticed is the weight of the fighter felt right with this knockdown. They were lightweights though.
You got a tiny version of brock lesnar? Hahaha dave dave dave
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2018, 12:46 AM   #6
Pro

The ko does look clean Dave. EA UFC 2 also had it's Ragdoll moments that we're crazy. Such as uppercutting someone and making them do a flip from it. Or kicking them across the cage.

It really just depended on the situation I guess of what would cause those crazy looking ragdolls to occur in EA UFC 2. I expect the same in EA UFC 3.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:52 AM   #7
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
The ko does look clean Dave. EA UFC 2 also had it's Ragdoll moments that we're crazy. Such as uppercutting someone and making them do a flip from it. Or kicking them across the cage.

It really just depended on the situation I guess of what would cause those crazy looking ragdolls to occur in EA UFC 2. I expect the same in EA UFC 3.
I thought they got toned down with one of the later patches, but I could be wrong.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:25 AM   #8
Pro

Yeah I was still hitting people with ragdoll reactions like that in EA UFC 2 I have clips of that with uppercuts and other strikes doing it.

But I'm sure EA UFC 3 will have odd moments like that as well, Kind of like this kick to the back and trip rag doll. They aren't as bad as the flips but I'm sure some crazy looking ragdolls are possible in EA UFC 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »