Home

Pregame worries

This is a discussion on Pregame worries within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2018, 09:16 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Pregame worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Yeah, agreed.

I'm getting real tired of seeing posts like these insinuating the developers haven't done enough or haven't changed the correct things. First of all, it was a beta. We have no idea of the true depth of changes and alterations made to the full game. Second, none of this matters.

Did you have fun in the beta? Did you enjoy the new striking mechanics? Do you enjoy the previous mechanics that weren't overhauled but had tweaks done to them? Did you enjoy the beta enough for you to buy the full game?

If you answered yes to those questions, what is anybody worried about? Everything aside, are you going to have a **** ton of fun playing the new game? The resounding answer is going to be yes or you wouldn't be here.
Basically this, I don't think the beta was perfect by any means and would've loved for the grappling to get more attention, however, it was soo much fun even with only 11 fighters to choose from and a tiny selection of modes. I'm absolutely happy with the changes they made, even though I don't think any thing is perfect. The striking got overhauled and drastically improved in every facet as far as I'm concerned, the grappling got a few tweaks and additional transitions/submissions and I honestly can't remember anything about the clinch from the beta, so I won't speak on.

I'm going to buy UFC 3, I'm going to play the **** out of it, and I'm going to have a bunch of fun when I do, but none of these things mean I think the game is flawless or couldn't be improved, I just think it's an acceptable level of improvement per iteration.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:16 PM   #10
Rookie

Yeah sure, I agree to an extent.. However, there's a couple of things about this post. Firstly, some people love the EA Sports UFC series, or love EA Sports UFC 3 so far. To just stop the development in the game altogether, and not gradually adding features/making improvements would mean we'd simply end up having a repetitive series of titles, and on top of that, there are going to be people that STILL don't like the gameplay, and people that want things added/removed/changed. Quality > Quantity, I guess.

Secondly, We are on a forum which has the majority of discussions around what improvements could be made, what people would like to see added to the game, and really focusing on the negatives of the beta gameplay. Not that this is a bad thing - devs watch this forum, and look at the changes already made, and imagine what changes they have made and haven't announced, or changes they are looking into making. But I don't think you should be disappointed in what you've read. Ultimately that doesn't matter at the end of the day. It's whether you enjoy it that's important.

Imo, it's far better than UFC 2. My friends and I have had so many hours sunken into the game, and loved UFC 2 for what it was, so we're going to have a lot more fun on UFC 3. But hey, my opinion doesn't matter.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:19 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
In the broad sense it’s actually hundreds of new striking animations, a completely new movement system (with some fighters having their own and individual movement, a new head movement system and anew damage system.

That’s without going into any of the small changes they made to the striking system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So moving while striking, new animations, new damage system and fighters having unique animations like they should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2018, 09:22 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinthemichael
Yeah sure, I agree to an extent.. However, there's a couple of things about this post. Firstly, some people love the EA Sports UFC series, or love EA Sports UFC 3 so far. To just stop the development in the game altogether, and not gradually adding features/making improvements would mean we'd simply end up having a repetitive series of titles, and on top of that, there are going to be people that STILL don't like the gameplay, and people that want things added/removed/changed. Quality > Quantity, I guess.

Secondly, We are on a forum which has the majority of discussions around what improvements could be made, what people would like to see added to the game, and really focusing on the negatives of the beta gameplay. Not that this is a bad thing - devs watch this forum, and look at the changes already made, and imagine what changes they have made and haven't announced, or changes they are looking into making. But I don't think you should be disappointed in what you've read. Ultimately that doesn't matter at the end of the day. It's whether you enjoy it that's important.

Imo, it's far better than UFC 2. My friends and I have had so many hours sunken into the game, and loved UFC 2 for what it was, so we're going to have a lot more fun on UFC 3. But hey, my opinion doesn't matter.
Gamers opinions matter as that reflects on sales of the game. And your intitled to your own which is fine, i cant dispute anything youve said. And i wasnt suggesting stopping development i was just wanting more.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Basically this, I don't think the beta was perfect by any means and would've loved for the grappling to get more attention, however, it was soo much fun even with only 11 fighters to choose from and a tiny selection of modes. I'm absolutely happy with the changes they made, even though I don't think any thing is perfect. The striking got overhauled and drastically improved in every facet as far as I'm concerned, the grappling got a few tweaks and additional transitions/submissions and I honestly can't remember anything about the clinch from the beta, so I won't speak on.

I'm going to buy UFC 3, I'm going to play the **** out of it, and I'm going to have a bunch of fun when I do, but none of these things mean I think the game is flawless or couldn't be improved, I just think it's an acceptable level of improvement per iteration.
And thats your opinion. But this isnt a 1 year iteration this is a 2 year iteration. Can i ask what parts of the striking improved? I am not saying it hasnt it has i just want to hear your opiniom?
Old 01-06-2018, 10:06 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
So moving while striking, new animations, new damage system and fighters having unique animations like they should.
"Like they should". LOL. I dont recall a single MMA game that had individual movement for certain fighters. UD3 had individual strikes and stances but so does UFC 3.

You arent impressed and that's fine. Not everyone will be.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:09 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
"Like they should". LOL. I dont recall a single MMA game that had individual movement for certain fighters. UD3 had individual strikes and stances but so does UFC 3.

You arent impressed and that's fine. Not everyone will be.
If a game is trying to replicate an individual it should replicate that individual, conor McGregor shouldnt move like nate diaz. He should move like mcgregor, just like ngannou should look like ngannou.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2018, 10:28 PM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
If a game is trying to replicate an individual it should replicate that individual, conor McGregor shouldnt move like nate diaz. He should move like mcgregor, just like ngannou should look like ngannou.
There are 250 plus fighters in the game. Not a single combat sports game has ever done individual movement for anyone. Getting that even for a few fighters is an accomplishment. Give credit where credit is due.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »