Home

Ufc 3 gameplay sliders

This is a discussion on Ufc 3 gameplay sliders within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2018, 04:30 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ufc 3 gameplay sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Not that we know of yet, only Tournament Mode and Fight Now Custom.

If I'm not mistaken its not in Event Mode either, but Aholbert has mentioned it should be to the devs I believe.

Career mode apparently will have a super hardcore "Legendary" mode however, that sounds awesome, super hard AI, no HUD, no retrys on training and fights (I'm provably confusing a few details but its similar to that)
Will definitely be trying out "legendary" in career mode for sure but sliders in career mode should still be an option. Will see.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2018, 06:10 AM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickeddMMA
Will definitely be trying out "legendary" in career mode for sure but sliders in career mode should still be an option. Will see.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Operation Sports mobile app
Oh yeah, for sure, optimally I'd like to see optional sliders for all offline modes.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:17 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Keep in mind, this was before the AI customizations were in place. So if you face someone like a Machida or Wonderboy, you may see numbers in the 50s if you hang back and idle as much as the AI does. On the flip side, you may still see a guy like Cub Swanson in the 80-100 range.
A little note on the Wonderboy/Machida pace numbers, 50 strikes per round is Wonderboy's average pace (he generally picks up steam as the fight goes on, starting around 20-30, finishing around 70-80 with the middle round/s being 50ish) but 50 strikes a round is basically as high a pace as Machida has ever fought at (4th/5th round of the Weidman fight)

Having said that, anywhere from about 55 to 100 (depending on amount of time spent landing shots in the clinch/on the ground) for total strikes is pretty much the right pace to target for most of the roster, and yes I'm aware that's a pretty huge range, but anything below 55 would be probably feel incredibly slow to play and anything significantly about 100 is insanity for anyone not named Max Holloway (212 strikes in the 3rd round of the second Aldo fight, if you're curious)
Old 01-09-2018, 06:27 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
A little note on the Wonderboy/Machida pace numbers, 50 strikes per round is Wonderboy's average pace (he generally picks up steam as the fight goes on, starting around 20-30, finishing around 70-80 with the middle round/s being 50ish) but 50 strikes a round is basically as high a pace as Machida has ever fought at (4th/5th round of the Weidman fight)

Having said that, anywhere from about 55 to 100 (depending on amount of time spent landing shots in the clinch/on the ground) for total strikes is pretty much the right pace to target for most of the roster, and yes I'm aware that's a pretty huge range, but anything below 55 would be probably feel incredibly slow to play and anything significantly about 100 is insanity for anyone not named Max Holloway (212 strikes in the 3rd round of the second Aldo fight, if you're curious)
If your talking Real Time Clock. That'd be awesome. Most fighters in the beta seemed to average 80-120 (with roughly 85-95% of that purely standup) for me, admittedly I was probably pressing a bit much in a lot of them.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:40 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
If your talking Real Time Clock. That'd be awesome. Most fighters in the beta seemed to average 80-120 (with roughly 85-95% of that purely standup) for me, admittedly I was probably pressing a bit much in a lot of them.
I usually play on accelerated (RTC makes decisions nigh impossible unless you actively try not to finish your opponent) and in the beta was coming out with 70-90 strikes per round most of the time with a few weird outliers, like a fight against Khabib where he threw 120ish strikes in the first round, which honestly might be kind of pace he's capable of, since in the time on the feet against Barboza at 219 he was throwing 30ish strikes per minute once he opened up.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:48 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
I usually play on accelerated (RTC makes decisions nigh impossible unless you actively try not to finish your opponent) and in the beta was coming out with 70-90 strikes per round most of the time with a few weird outliers, like a fight against Khabib where he threw 120ish strikes in the first round, which honestly might be kind of pace he's capable of, since in the time on the feet against Barboza at 219 he was throwing 30ish strikes per minute once he opened up.
Yeah, in UFC 2 I put that down to the awful AI, but unless I was trying something new or mucking around I actually didn't see many decisions, you're right, ill have to try AC I guess, I got used to it in UD3 but I always wished that had RTC, but hopefully I can tweak the AI to something appropriate for RTC with the given options.

And I didn't have much an issue with Khabibs strike output myself, but his takedown attempts are way over the top, I'd often have him attempt and fail 15-20 a round, either unsetup shots, or double under bodylock attempts. He didn't try to change it up at all, and thus he was waaaay to easy to stuff, hopefully the TD speed of the AI can be buffed to help fix this, but he doesn't seem to shoot with much rhythm or reason, nor did he take me down off caught kicks, which was odd.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:03 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Yeah, in UFC 2 I put that down to the awful AI, but unless I was trying something new or mucking around I actually didn't see many decisions, you're right, ill have to try AC I guess, I got used to it in UD3 but I always wished that had RTC, but hopefully I can tweak the AI to something appropriate for RTC with the given options.

And I didn't have much an issue with Khabibs strike output myself, but his takedown attempts are way over the top, I'd often have him attempt and fail 15-20 a round, either unsetup shots, or double under bodylock attempts. He didn't try to change it up at all, and thus he was waaaay to easy to stuff, hopefully the TD speed of the AI can be buffed to help fix this, but he doesn't seem to shoot with much rhythm or reason, nor did he take me down off caught kicks, which was odd.
The Khabib example was absolutely an outlier, 90% of the time his output was fine. And I actually have had the opposite problem with takedown frequency, where sometimes guys like Kevin Lee and Khabib would never attempt a takedown for like 2 rounds, although again, this was extremely rare in the beta and I have seen the ridiculous 50ish takedown attempts before in UFC 2, I must've just got lucky and not seen it in the beta.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2018, 09:21 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
The Khabib example was absolutely an outlier, 90% of the time his output was fine. And I actually have had the opposite problem with takedown frequency, where sometimes guys like Kevin Lee and Khabib would never attempt a takedown for like 2 rounds, although again, this was extremely rare in the beta and I have seen the ridiculous 50ish takedown attempts before in UFC 2, I must've just got lucky and not seen it in the beta.
Khabib wasn't an outlier for me, when you successfully stuff all his attempts on RTC, he will often hit 35-45 TD attempts in 15 minutes, like, more often than not. And yeah, I had it happen in UFC 2 aswell, its mainly Khabibs AI out of the AI's in the beta.

However, I agree on Lee, he was more than willing to strike in the beta and rarely threw many takedowns, Alvarez barely shot either when I fought against him, Chieasa's AI was pretty good though, nice mix of standup and shoot takedowns and clinch bodylocks.

Nate shot a few too many for my liking, but it was weird, some rounds he'd just shoot 4 or 5 TDs, then go back to his normal relentless pressure and not shoot another TD, so maybe that was a beta issue.

Part of my issue may be I'm too used to stuffing takedowns and its just easy so sliders hopefully will fix this and obviously rounds where I stayed on the ground after stuffing Khabib or he did manage to time a good TD and get me down had less overall TDs, but in the many, many Khabib v Edson fights I played as Edson against pro and legendary AI both spammed easily deniable TDs all day.

Edit: I didn't get the issue with Khabib not shooting at all, but I did get it with Lee several tines, so that may be a bug or issue or something too.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 01-09-2018 at 09:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »