Home

Ufc 3 gameplay sliders

This is a discussion on Ufc 3 gameplay sliders within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2018, 03:01 AM   #1
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Ufc 3 gameplay sliders

I heard somewhere that there eill be gameplay sliders for this game? If so what type of sliders will be included. Tried to search the forum but couldnt find any info.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2018, 03:51 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Ufc 3 gameplay sliders

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/n...odes-deep-dive

Fight Now Custom

Fight Now Custom
Fight your way with complete control over every setting and slider in Fight Now Custom. You can tune and adjust everything including stamina, transition speed, submission speed, grapple advantage, damage, health recovery, and perks to create the ultimate bout.

Also hidden in this thread over 100 pages I'm not digging through all of that lol

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-here-12.html

The official EA page is more then enough.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:46 AM   #3
MVP

I know this was technically already answered in another thread.. and the response was grim.

Buuuuuuut, oooohh boooyy I hope there is an AI strike output slider.

As for the rest, I'm not 100% but stuff like Damage output, stamina drain/use sliders were alluded too I believe in another thread on the subject.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:59 AM   #4
Pro

I’m curious what the slider scale will look like. If it will be a 0-100 scale similar to madden (which I am expecting) or if it will be something a little more fine tuned for an MMA game
Old 01-07-2018, 08:07 PM   #5
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I know this was technically already answered in another thread.. and the response was grim.

Buuuuuuut, oooohh boooyy I hope there is an AI strike output slider.

As for the rest, I'm not 100% but stuff like Damage output, stamina drain/use sliders were alluded too I believe in another thread on the subject.

You’re absolutely right....without ai strike output slider damage/stamina sliders will be worthless for offline play.

Imagine you turn down stamina, and the cpu still punches as frequently as before the stamina slider edit. They will be gassed before the midpoint of the fight.

Damage/stamina/ cpu punch output wirk hand in hand just like it was in fight bight champion

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2018, 09:32 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
You’re absolutely right....without ai strike output slider damage/stamina sliders will be worthless for offline play.

Imagine you turn down stamina, and the cpu still punches as frequently as before the stamina slider edit. They will be gassed before the midpoint of the fight.

Damage/stamina/ cpu punch output wirk hand in hand just like it was in fight bight champion

I believe stuff like damage and speed sliders may be similar to fight nights, however it doesn't sound like there are AI specific sliders.

One of the GC's said basically the only way to affect output was up the stamina drain slider and the AI will throw less to conserve apparently.

My issue with this is I don't want to change any of the base Stamina/Damage/Speed stats of the gameplay, because this would mean I was becoming accustomed to the gameplay system not in its natural state (so when I went online, for example, I'd feel off because I'm used to an increased stamina drain)

Whereas, with an AI strike output slider (and if being hopeful, AI offense/defensive awareness sliders, TD output, ect ect) you can strictly modify the AI's actions without changing the balance of the core gameplay, this is what I want to see.

That's not to say I don't like the other sliders, the more the better imo, I love options, but I'd definitely like the option to adjust elements of the AI without changing the default balance of the game, otherwise transitioning from Fight Now to Unranked/Ranked/UT may be awkward.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:44 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23

Thats not totally true. I played around with the stamina slider back in August and it resulted in a slower pace because the AI is just as concerned about its stamina as you are. Increasing the stamina drain results in less aggression and more idleing by the AI.

With that said, you cant go to far with it because that could make the AI less effective.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:47 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I believe stuff like damage and speed sliders may be similar to fight nights, however it doesn't sound like there are AI specific sliders.

One of the GC's said basically the only way to affect output was up the stamina drain slider and the AI will throw less to conserve apparently.

My issue with this is I don't want to change any of the base Stamina/Damage/Speed stats of the gameplay, because this would mean I was becoming accustomed to the gameplay system not in its natural state (so when I went online, for example, I'd feel off because I'm used to an increased stamina drain)

Whereas, with an AI strike output slider (and if being hopeful, AI offense/defensive awareness sliders, TD output, ect ect) you can strictly modify the AI's actions without changing the balance of the core gameplay, this is what I want to see.

That's not to say I don't like the other sliders, the more the better imo, I love options, but I'd definitely like the option to adjust elements of the AI without changing the default balance of the game, otherwise transitioning from Fight Now to Unranked/Ranked/UT may be awkward.
That is a legitimate concern. I dont play online so it doesnt affect me much. With that said, the stamina sliders are split between the AI and Human so increasing the AI stamina wont affect your stamina drain at all.

I would love to see a strike output slider. It didnt work well in FNC (at 0 the AI still struck too much) but if done right it could be great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »