Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Career Mode Trailer and More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Career Mode Trailer and More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #73
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Career Mode Trailer and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassi
There are two types of training. One is for attributes, which is simulated (touch butt in the park). The other is Learn, where you unlock moves and perks which are game based objectives with training partners in the gyms.
is it impossible to max out in this game?
Old 01-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #74
EA UFC Producer

Bassi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
is it impossible to max out in this game?
Yes, it is possible. But the less longevity you have, the more susceptible to injuries you are, which take away some attributes for the next fight or permanently.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #75
Rookie

sheehy83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassi
There are two types of training. One is for attributes, which is simulated (touch butt in the park). The other is Learn, where you unlock moves and perks which are game based objectives with training partners in the gyms.
Really glad about this. Yeah the mini games for training can be fun but doing them over and over unless you got high enough to simulate everyone for boring very quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 02:51 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheehy83
Really glad about this. Yeah the mini games for training can be fun but doing them over and over unless you got high enough to simulate everyone for boring very quickly.
They handled that great in UFC 2 where you could choose to either do them manually or simulate them. I would prefer that rather than just simulating them automatically.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:11 PM   #77
Rookie

Hey Bassi, just curious, is it possible to become a champion in the WFA in career mode?
Old 01-10-2018, 11:47 PM   #78
Pro

Bassi, any chance of feedback on ‘Create A Fighter’ with whats been added or was the beta UT options the full package? To me personally it still seemed pretty generic with very few additions, those mostly being a few tattoos is all
Old 01-11-2018, 02:46 AM   #79
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
This one really gets me.

A good example is that Jones vs Silva fight. The staredown was.... ugh!

Specifically, Jones and Anderson are usually very calm and stoic during staredowns in the cage before the fight begins.

Fighter Uniqueness should extend to their faceoffs and not just become random after the fighter introductions. It really kills emersion.
It does, TBH I wish they ripped footage from fight face offs to add this level of personality into the game, they get this down once they will never have to do it again. Too bad Thq's animations for these things can't be used to make it easier.

I don't know how THQ did it but they had all of these personality animations. The cool thing about it they also allowed all of those personality animations accessible for CAF's.

It was a rediculous amount of animations, but it was worth it. Hopefully EA learns to use such an approach in the future.

UFC Undisputed allowed for every personality traits to be separated as well which made CAF have more depth.

Because in Undisputed if I wanted to mix and match ROSTER personalities I could.

For an example:

Walk Out - (Rampage Jackson)
Fighter Introduction- (Conor McGregor)
Stare Down- (Vitor Belfort)
Winning Celebration- (Mighty Mouse)
D-Pad Taunts(Rashad Evans, Diaz, Bruce Lee, Anderson Silva)
Fighter Stance/Posture (Machida)
Block Style(Diaz)

Champion Personality:
Champion Walk Out- Anthony Pettis
Champion Fighter Introduction- Anderson Silva
Champion Staredown- Jon Jones
Champion Celebration- Max Holloway

The way EA UFC 2 & 3 is quick and easy but if they want depth they need to have the basic way they have now, and also have custom personality as an option that allows us to separately effect each one of those personality traits. Is that a big list of animations to go through yes. But if you do that once you will never have to add so many animations again.

The WWE games function like this as well when it comes to Personality traits and animations. Both that and UFC Undisputed are perfect examples's for this depth level especially UFC Undisputed since it is UFC.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:54 AM   #80
Rookie

sheehy83's Arena

Bassi, has there been any change to how EA Game Face is implemented? I could not get a normal looking human with my scan in UFC 2, gave up on trying. Hopefully it will be a bit smoother in UFC 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »