Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Career Mode Trailer and More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Career Mode Trailer and More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2018, 12:57 AM   #57
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Career Mode Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
You're kidding right?

99% of the people who will buy the game would rather sparse/repetative Rogan/Buffer audio than no Rogan/Buffer at all.
If Rogan doesn't want to do it I'd prefer one of the other dudes. I'm sure they wouldn't be hot about it either.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:03 AM   #58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
You're kidding right?

99% of the people who will buy the game would rather sparse/repetative Rogan/Buffer audio than no Rogan/Buffer at all.
That's not even halfway true and I guarantee you get slammed in reviews for the commentary, because that's something they always take note of in sports games.

Not only would replacing them with either straight up voice actors or simply other talents employed by UFC sound better, you'd be justified for doing it by your own fanbase because Rogan/Buffer aren't participating.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:07 AM   #59
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Career Mode Trailer and More

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Rogan being removed if they had Cruz, DC, Felder, Dan Hardy replace him. At this point it just sounds kind of goofy and out of place.
As far as Buffer goes I actually think the introductions are way better in EA UFC 2 and 3 then anyother game. I have went back and played UD3 and EA UFC 1 this week and noticed how lifeless Buffer was in those games. I still think staredowns are bad though, certain fighters doing out of character staredowns happen all the time. UD3 did a pretty damn good job with the staredowns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #60
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
If Rogan doesn't want to do it I'd prefer one of the other dudes. I'm sure they wouldn't be hot about it either.
Same. I enjoy Joe's commentary, but if he doesn't want to do the games then get someone in there who wants to be there.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #61
Rookie

sheehy83's Arena

Yupp agree. I thought Joe was excellent in UFC 1 but you could tell he had no interest in 2. If EA didn't even approach him for 3, you can imagine how difficult it must have been to work with him. Fair enough if he doesn't want to do it but I'd much prefer having someone else in there, UFC has enough commentators now to help fill the gap and who would hopefully be happy to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #62
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Too bad Bryan Stann is now in real estate, I really liked him as a commentator and wouldn't pose a problem as far as him commenting himself since he ain't in the game.

Honestly, commentating isn't a major factor for me, I usually just put on some music on spotify while I play anyway, but as long as Joe Rogan is there commentating the biggest PPVs in the UFC, I can see why they want to stick with Joe in the game. Maybe adding another set of commentators should be done for UFC 4 though. Hell, maybe ask for Joe Rogan to record only championship bout tracks, that way it'll be less work for him and he'll potentially be more inclined to do it? just a thought.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:27 AM   #63
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticJack541
Yeah, I wouldn't mind Rogan being removed if they had Cruz, DC, Felder, Dan Hardy replace him. At this point it just sounds kind of goofy and out of place.
As far as Buffer goes I actually think the introductions are way better in EA UFC 2 and 3 then anyother game. I have went back and played UD3 and EA UFC 1 this week and noticed how lifeless Buffer was in those games. I still think staredowns are bad though, certain fighters doing out of character staredowns happen all the time. UD3 did a pretty damn good job with the staredowns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
This one really gets me.

A good example is that Jones vs Silva fight. The staredown was.... ugh!

Specifically, Jones and Anderson are usually very calm and stoic during staredowns in the cage before the fight begins.

Fighter Uniqueness should extend to their faceoffs and not just become random after the fighter introductions. It really kills emersion.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:30 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
Fighter Uniqueness should extend to their faceoffs and not just become random after the fighter introductions. It really kills emersion.
Yeah, like for example it's extremely well known that Aldo almost never looks at his opponents until he's walked back to his corner, whereas in UFC 2 and apparently 3, everyone is doing the RDA type staredown where they try to stare into their opponents soul.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »