Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Gameplay Video - Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Gameplay Video - Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2018, 08:41 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Gameplay Video - Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva

All the previously banned users come out of the woodwork to **** on the game. There are some real genuine problems though. These models are mostly terrible and something tells me they are scrambling to fix that sound mixing for strikes for the Day 0 patch.

Gameplay is still the UFC we love with some shiny new toys. I can't complain about that. Still counting down the days.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:48 PM   #50
Pro

Re: UFC 3 Gameplay - Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
Im scared they went backwards from the beta
Seriously. I was more hype for this before I saw these two vids. The strike sounds are bad here but are unbearable in the Stipe fight. They are still using the Ngannou model everyone is complaining about, Rogan's audio seems recycled and sounds like it was recorded in a completely different environment from Anik's, and there is no cohesion between the two.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:36 PM   #51
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzarek
These to the knee. Sounds like be hit but look like not hit. Some of these full leg kicks also looks like not reaction from opponent sometimes. But during beta I did not feel that's something wrong with that.
That is circumstancial. Whether or not there is a big reaction depends on a bunch of things. I think the overall simulation is good, because irl it also varies a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 12:28 AM   #52
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
Seriously. I was more hype for this before I saw these two vids. The strike sounds are bad here but are unbearable in the Stipe fight. They are still using the Ngannou model everyone is complaining about, Rogan's audio seems recycled and sounds like it was recorded in a completely different environment from Anik's, and there is no cohesion between the two.
I never expected any models to get changed at this point honestly, plus the day 0 patch is for the day of release. Nothing will likely look too different until then, esp model types IF they are even going to change them at this point. Rogan apparently didn't want to do any recording so they had to either use the last installments or go off live recordings.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:41 AM   #53
Rookie

Alot of these animations are just plain bad and it also seems like we have the same 3 or 4 takedowns. I cant lie to myself im really dissapointed. Dont get me wrong ill buy the game but im very dissapointed i dont feel like im getting my money's worth. I hope with these patches, big changes are to come because what im seeing now has me worried. Really worried. These goofy strking animations need to be cleaned up. I dunno i bet its alot for the devs. But animations are the key to any sports game. Maybe they should come out with animation dlc pack and fix the bad ones that are in the game
Old 01-10-2018, 01:31 AM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempman1000
I cant lie to myself im really dissapointed. Dont get me wrong ill buy the game but im very dissapointed i dont feel like im getting my money's worth.

Been saying this since beta. I know this game is better than UFC 2, I'm just not sure it's $60 better.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:38 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA
they should cause a reaction have you ever seen Jones use them in a fight he almost folded rampage Jacksons knee back he was landing them so hard.the should at least stop you a little in your tracks or push you back a little.he is correct the animation looked at little buggy when he did it once or twice.Also Why is Jones 1-2 combo faster that a light weight?

Joe Rogan calls it the oblique kick

I was about to mention the lead roundhouse to the body looking off, such a hectic and rushed starting animation and still a sloppy hit reaction...But then i realized that the kick is thrown while Jones is on a move forward and it made sense. Probably the same case with those "oblique kicks". I noticed during the beta that all strikes have a better effect when thrown from a stationary position..which is more than realistic & great.

The Jones player in general was a newbie and got schooled by the Silva player. His distance game was horrible & also his strike selection.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 02:23 AM   #56
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAFRoO
I was about to mention the lead roundhouse to the body looking off, such a hectic and rushed starting animation and still a sloppy hit reaction...But then i realized that the kick is thrown while Jones is on a move forward and it made sense. Probably the same case with those "oblique kicks". I noticed during the beta that all strikes have a better effect when thrown from a stationary position..which is more than realistic & great.

The Jones player in general was a newbie and got schooled by the Silva player. His distance game was horrible & also his strike selection.
The planted strikes are indeed faster. Some are much faster than their advancing counterpart. So, if you're in range to throw standing, do it. It pays off. I can literally make the difference between KOing or being KOed. It happened to me: KOed a guys pecifically because a threw a stationary kick against his advancing one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »